• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronk traded?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the anyone one on this board that believes the Patriots could or would trade gronk. That's what I am hearing.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didnt hear? It already happened. Gronk plays for the Texans now

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will if BB gets pissed at you or you want to big a contract that has been what NE has done in the past. I could see them doing it and somehow getting Cleveland to give them the 1st and 4th picks for him.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be shocked IF Gronk gets hurt again in 2018 and its a year ending, that he gets dealt. Right now his value to the Pats is still very, very high - until he's not available. He is signed through 2019 season. So if he stays healthy all 2018, I think that is the only way he's back in 2019 with the Pats.

My reasoning is if he is coming off an injury again (from 2018), the Pats can't rely on him going into 2019, and is in the final year of his contract. Its hard to see them not already planning to go a different route. They are always a year ahead of these type of decisions, parting when dollars don't add up to your value. I believe it still adds up this year and with good heath in 2018, could also next year. I just don't see them paying big dollars for him if he breaks down yet again.

I don't see that stopping some other team from stepping in and trying to get a potential difference maker for one year, (likely a contender) with 12 million in cap to spare. A team that is not as thrifty as the Pats and is not wholly reliant on Gronk being Gronk to rescue them. The Pats could get a real good draft pick or player for him right now, but nothing that would return the value in a healthy Gronk. An injured Gronk could still get something decent next year, and likely something worth more than an iffy Gronk.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see them dealing him. He has dealt with a lot of injuries over the past couple of years and is rumored to be thinking about retiring this off season. No way anyone gives up anything of value for someone who may only play a handful of games for you then hang up his cleats.