• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grier is going to have to score alot of points

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure of the thread being Wv has to score more points...I think that MAY be part of it..but the one thing this team has never been good at no matter who has coached it is Special Teams...speaks to lack of depth...or scholarship kids that lack the ability to flexible play...

Just watching VA Tech for all these years and now a TCU team that both excel at special teams it would help this program immensely if they got serious about the the third phase of a successful football team...
I'll never forget the LSU game in Morgantown when their punter pinned our offense inside our own 15 like 477 times.. He killed us.

BTW
Why West Virginia could have college football's top offense in 2018

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never forget the LSU game in Morgantown when their punter pinned our offense inside our own 15 like 477 times.. He killed us.

BTW
Why West Virginia could have college football's top offense in 2018

Yeah, I hated that fucker. What was his name? Wing? Kid ended up in the NFL. He was one of those Aussie kids?

I hated the punter from Okie St too. The year WVU lost to them in OT... it seemed like every single fucking punt ended up inside the 10 yd line.

WVU be getting one of them Aussie punters this summer!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should look at wv high school soccer teams. There are some big legs out there. Get a couple of kids with major potential and give them schollys.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be beyond happy to have someone who could kick off into the end zone, that would be HUGE in stopping so many of the 40 yard returns!

Well you hit the nail..teams that are only looking for that if they know they can't tackle and their coverage teams in general suck!...To me ideally you want to create a return, with the ability to either to create a turnover or pin a team inside the 20 on a kickoff...longer you make the field the tougher it should be to score...and WV for the last 50 years has sucked at it..

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe throw Woodside in there...but no gunners that I can remember that were game changers...
I immediately thought of Woodside, Baumann, and Saurbrun. Again, all were under Don. All go back 20+ years. That's too long to go. Mcafee is the only one in "recent" years. Pat graduated almost 9 years ago.

And I totally agree that outside of a few kickers, we haven't had anything special on STs.