• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grier is going to have to score alot of points

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Stewart recruit more D linemen!!!!!!:gaah::scratch:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this will force Gibby out of the 3-3-5.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU nabs gradtransfer from USC
  • 403b51a501bb072d4a21cdf127cba737
  • by

DubVNation
  • March 30, 2018
Bigelow.jpg

Former USC Trojan defensive tackle Kenny Bigelow Jr. has announced that he will finish his collegiate career at West Virginia.

With the Mountaineers losing defensive lineman left and right, this is a good sign. Bigelow, formally of Eastern Christian Academy in Elkton, Maryland was a top 10 recruit nationally according to multiple recruiting outlets.

If the name Eastern Christian Academy sounds familiar, it is. Former Mountaineers Daikiel Shorts Jr. and Wendell Smallwood and current Mountaineer receiver David Sills V all graduated from that very school.

Bigelow recorded 3 sacks in 2015, but only played in one game in 2017. He was granted a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA and was granted his release from USC. Expect Bigelow to be a much more impactful player for the Mountaineers than his numbers indicated at USC. He, alongside Darius Stills and Brenon Thrift, now give defensive line coach Bruce Tall some stability at the nose position.

Bigelow will be eligible immediately.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigelow is not an even trade for McDoogle, but addresses a critical issue of depth. I hope he and the other 4 can keep healthy.

Another 2 or 3 free agents and we may have enough bodies to have a 4 man line. Not as long as Gibby is the D Coach.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDougle was not going to be available this season. He was not doing his rehab following surgery in the off season. Bigelow has obviously been injury prone, but he was a 5 star player who signed with USC. We may have struck oil...

The staff are trying to get one more grad transfer for the DL. This will help the transition for the Stills brothers be perfectly smooth.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, it is now official...

BREAKING: WVU Adds Grad Transfer DT

Earlier this offseason, EerSports first reported that Bigelow was interested in transferring to the Mountaineers, confirming that he had received his release from USC and that he had sent his paperwork to West Virginia. At the time, WVU was still beating the bushes on the recruiting trail for new additions and had a solid crop of returning defensive linemen. Since then, though, the Mountaineers have lost Adam Shuler and Lamonte McDougle, both of whom were part of the two-deep all of last season and started a combined twenty games.

Bigelow attended Bear (DE) Eastern Christian Academy with recent (and current) West Virginia stars David Sills, Daikiel Shorts, and Wendell Smallwood. He held a five-star, 0.9952-rating in the 247Sports Composite as the nation's No. 9 overall player and No. 2 defensive tackle in the 2013 class.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expert analysis from 247 states even if Bigelow is at 75% of his potential coming out of high school, he will be one of the best DL to have played for the old gold and blue.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure of the thread being Wv has to score more points...I think that MAY be part of it..but the one thing this team has never been good at no matter who has coached it is Special Teams...speaks to lack of depth...or scholarship kids that lack the ability to flexible play...

Just watching VA Tech for all these years and now a TCU team that both excel at special teams it would help this program immensely if they got serious about the the third phase of a successful football team...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure of the thread being Wv has to score more points...I think that MAY be part of it..but the one thing this team has never been good at no matter who has coached it is Special Teams...speaks to lack of depth...or scholarship kids that lack the ability to flexible play...

Just watching VA Tech for all these years and now a TCU team that both excel at special teams it would help this program immensely if they got serious about the the third phase of a successful football team...

No worries. Holgs is in charge of special teams.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slaton, I think the word serious has everything to do with it, VPI has emphasized STs and defense from the day they hired Beamer. I don't think it is depth, talent, or lack of ability, but a lack of coaches caring passionately about STs. It has been horrible over the years, I can not remember the year, but I had season tickets and watched us have Miami beat, but they blocked a punt and ran it in for the win.....then a couple weeks later I watched Syracuse block what seemed like every punt and they kicked our butts......

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, I think the word serious has everything to do with it, VPI has emphasized STs and defense from the day they hired Beamer. I don't think it is depth, talent, or lack of ability, but a lack of coaches caring passionately about STs. It has been horrible over the years, I can not remember the year, but I had season tickets and watched us have Miami beat, but they blocked a punt and ran it in for the win.....then a couple weeks later I watched Syracuse block what seemed like every punt and they kicked our butts......

I believe that was 1996

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember the game...I was there...:trash:

Special Teams is a mindset and commitment..When you have 35% of your starters on special teams its a depth issue...I am sure you all will remind me but I just don't remember a game changer on Special Teams ..and I am not speaking of the return game..that one or two gunners that can flip the field consistently..or a punter that can do the same...Pat McAfee is all I can come up with...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Saurbrun spell check me

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had some good kickers over the years, but most go back 20+ years, Like Saurbrun.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had some good kickers over the years, but most go back 20+ years, Like Saurbrun.

Maybe throw Woodside in there...but no gunners that I can remember that were game changers...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with a guy who can put a kickoff through the endzone.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with a guy who can put a kickoff through the endzone.

Just sticks in my mind how the Punter from TCU basically won the game for them last year...4 punts inside the 10 yard line..........

Last edited:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the game...I was there...:trash:

Special Teams is a mindset and commitment..When you have 35% of your starters on special teams its a depth issue...I am sure you all will remind me but I just don't remember a game changer on Special Teams ..and I am not speaking of the return game..that one or two gunners that can flip the field consistently..or a punter that can do the same...Pat McAfee is all I can come up with...
I would be beyond happy to have someone who could kick off into the end zone, that would be HUGE in stopping so many of the 40 yard returns!