• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay Post Game

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off hats off to Kirk Cousins. Hitting 3 deep balls in that wind was unbelievable but he was delivering strikes all night. His deal keeps getting more expensive but it has to get done.

So sweet to win, and look good, in prime time for a change. Really had fun last night. Every time GB scored to make it close our offense answered. Very proud today of my team.

I'm sure it will happen but right now I have no fear that Rob will fumble.

Hated the idea of going for 2 when it happened. Even with the wind the kick had higher odds, we never convert two point conversions.

Kerrigan was getting around the corner all night but the inside pass rush was terribled. Preston also returned to the witness protection program. Imagine if we had Galette.

If the Pack can't run on Washington their run game really is the pits.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense is operating on all cylinders right now. It needs to be as we go into Dallas. Our defense is still our weak link. We just miss way too many tackles and end up turning into big plays. We also have way too many stupid penalties (head slaps, delay of games for throwing the ball, etc). We cannot afford those mistakes against Dallas.

I also questioned the two point decision. However, the wind was a factor as well as we had a new long snapper so I wonder if that also affected the decision. My biggest concern, however, is the play calling in the RZ just isn't very creative. in both our 2pt tries, it was quite obvious what we where going to do. Fortunately those extra point misses didn't really have a negative affect on the outcome.

What did have a potential affect was Gruden's decision to go for it on 4th down. If we failed and GB went on to score, it would have been a completely different game and possible outcome. It was a ballsy call on his part, one that would have had many calling for his head this morning if it didn't work out. I give him props for coaching to win and not to play it safe. He, also, appears to be coming into his own.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off hats off to Kirk Cousins. Hitting 3 deep balls in that wind was unbelievable but he was delivering strikes all night. His deal keeps getting more expensive but it has to get done.

So sweet to win, and look good, in prime time for a change. Really had fun last night. Every time GB scored to make it close our offense answered. Very proud today of my team.

I'm sure it will happen but right now I have no fear that Rob will fumble.

Hated the idea of going for 2 when it happened. Even with the wind the kick had higher odds, we never convert two point conversions.

Kerrigan was getting around the corner all night but the inside pass rush was terribled. Preston also returned to the witness protection program. Imagine if we had Galette.

Why is everyone still so hung up on Cousin's salary amt? Who cares. If he signs an extension the only thing that really matters is the guaranteed amt - not the yearly salary. Allen is a cap genius so I am sure that they will figure out a way to get this done & not cripple the team in terms of addressing other areas.

The only way that this is an issue is if Cousins flames out in the next year or so & I believe that the odds of that occurring get slimmer & slimmer over time (unless God forbid he gets injured). They will be fine.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, if the odds of getting one point is 65% and the odds of getting 2 points is 50%, you go for 1?

What makes you think JG could be doing what Trent Murphy is doing this season?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other point I haven't seen discussed here. Is Ty Nseke just balling or what? This guy may stay in the lineup once Trent returns. We may see Trent become our LG. Not saying he is a better LT that Trent, but our Oline is better with both in the lineup. Can you imagine that Oline with Trent and Ty on the left side?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Ty will take Moses place. Can you imagine Dean's tears?
You would never hear a peep out of him. He only crows when he is seeking validation.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would never hear a peep out of him. He only crows when he is seeking validation.

Yeah...I remember he bad mouthed Ty and Shark told him Ty was better than Moses. I see him as a kid with his fingers stuffed in his ears screaming nananananananananananana.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other point I haven't seen discussed here. Is Ty Nseke just balling or what? This guy may stay in the lineup once Trent returns. We may see Trent become our LG. Not saying he is a better LT that Trent, but our Oline is better with both in the lineup. Can you imagine that Oline with Trent and Ty on the left side?

It was clear last year that Ty was a great signing, now it appears as if he may have been SM's best signing given the cost.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone still so hung up on Cousin's salary amt? Who cares. If he signs an extension the only thing that really matters is the guaranteed amt - not the yearly salary. Allen is a cap genius so I am sure that they will figure out a way to get this done & not cripple the team in terms of addressing other areas.

The only way that this is an issue is if Cousins flames out in the next year or so & I believe that the odds of that occurring get slimmer & slimmer over time (unless God forbid he gets injured). They will be fine.

I'm not hung up on his salary, it's the cap hit that effects the rest of the roster. And since it will have such a big effect it's worth discussing. But as I've said since last offseason they have little choice. Pay the man, ring the bell, then figure out what to do with the rest of the cap space.

Mskins

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCloughan said during training camp that Nsekhe could start on over half the teams in the league at left or right tackle. Looks like he was damn right. I agree that it would be intriguing to put Williams at LG over Lauvao.

Probably one of his best performance as a Redskin. I get that the Packers secondary was weak but he was right on the money on those throws in very poor weather conditions. Impressive.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clear last year that Ty was a great signing, now it appears as if he may have been SM's best signing given the cost.

Finally seeing this team being built in the manner that normally results in success. Sure - you need a sprinkling of FAs from other teams (Norman, Jackson, Garcon, etc). However - the bulk of your roster needs to be built via the draft & developed wisely. The offense is certainly developing in this manner. The defense is in spots but obviously needs work. I think that you will see a lot of emphasis on the D in the next few drafts (which might have part of their overall plan). Hopefully - this leads to a formidable team for many years to come. Everything is very encouraging at this time.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCloughan said during training camp that Nsekhe could start on over half the teams in the league at left or right tackle. Looks like he was damn right. I agree that it would be intriguing to put Williams at LG over Lauvao.

Probably one of his best performance as a Redskin. I get that the Packers secondary was weak but he was right on the money on those throws in very poor weather conditions. Impressive.

After the game Laura wanted me to send you a note. We were thinking about you M.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally seeing this team being built in the manner that normally results in success. Sure - you need a sprinkling of FAs from other teams (Norman, Jackson, Garcon, etc). However - the bulk of your roster needs to be built via the draft & developed wisely. The offense is certainly developing in this manner. The defense is in spots but obviously needs work. I think that you will see a lot of emphasis on the D in the next few drafts (which might have part of their overall plan). Hopefully - this leads to a formidable team for many years to come. Everything is very encouraging at this time.

Hard to say if they will focus on defense in the draft as SM has said repeatedly he drafts the BPA regardless of position with each pick. But logic says at least half will be defensive players. As long as SM is picking I'm buying each pick as a solid decision.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So back to the 2 point try early in the game. The success rate at attempted 2 point conversions in the NFL is just under 50%. Not a high probability of conversion. Hopkins made 2 of 3 or 4 of 5 into the wind. so his lowest percentage of success was 67%. gkekoa stated these same odds for the most part.

Personally I would have tried to make the kick. The mistake was chasing the missed conversion when they had the wind on the next TD. We finely gave up trying to replace the lost points after that TD.

In the end it didn't matter so it is a mute point.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say if they will focus on defense in the draft as SM has said repeatedly he drafts the BPA regardless of position with each pick. But logic says at least half will be defensive players. As long as SM is picking I'm buying each pick as a solid decision.

They better draft some freaking safeties!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the safeties.

Forgot to mention in my opening post that I was all in favor of going for the first down on 4th and 1. I think we all know the possibilites when you punt against the wind to Aaron Rodgers only up 6. Sttill hated going for two early but little choice to do it late. But runnng your scatback up the middle into a jumbo front? Come on man.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from Mexico and watched the game right now. Woo Hoo!!!!! What a game by KC! Every time GB threatened to make it a game he had an answer. On the deep balls.....That's what I'm talkin bout! Nice to see PG go deep for 6. Nice to see Djax score a RZ TD. Nice to see Kelley TD runs in the RZ. Speaking ovf which, Matt Who? Fat Rob baby! Great game by the OL. Just a great game overall by the offense.Hats off to Gruden, KC and crew.

The defense was......sigh. J_y19 is correct. They miss too many tackles and allow too many big plays.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really nice win and great to see the offense which has performed mostly well this year go big time last night. Not to pee on anyone's parade but that is what we were supposed to do to their D. They are hurting in the defensive backfield. What was impressive is they did it in all that wind. Also great to see Fat Rob play well again.

Defensively we gave up a ton of yards and our pass rush was only okay against a mostly injured Oline for the Pack. Some of that was caused by Rogers and his slick feet. Kerrigan grabbed air twice and Murph was running in circles.

All in all a win they needed and some long balls for Breed.