• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay Packers roster cuts

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think Gunter solidified his spot on the team last night.

Pretty much everyone who played in the second half of the game will be chopped this weekend. I'm thinking both Callahan and Hill will get chopped too and GB will run with 2 QBs this year to open a spot for extra depth at another position. One of those two QBs should wind up on the practice squad.

If they cut Hill, I think someone will pick him up from the waiver wire. That's probably the only way Callahan hangs on the practice squad.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they cut Hill, I think someone will pick him up from the waiver wire. That's probably the only way Callahan hangs on the practice squad.

Agreed.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Randall can still turn the corner. DBs - much more often than not - struggle their first two years in the league and figure things out in their third. I'm still holding out hope for him. If he is still a liability after this year, he will not stick in this league.

I can't hate the House signing because it added depth, competition and a veteran presence in the young secondary. It was also on a low-cost 1-year deal. I don't think he's a long-term answer, but a reasonable bridge to help develop the young guys.

Yeah, 3rd downs have most certainly been a problem. Really, it has been a defensive scheme flaw in relation to the strengths and weaknesses of his personnel. Capers likes to sit back on 3rd & 7 or longer and protect the first down line with zone coverages. That works if you have 2/3 of: a good pass rush, good coverage LBs and veteran CBs with good defensive awareness; however, the last few years we have had 0/3 of that criteria. Man coverage is simpler to grasp for young DBs, so it would've been wiser to man up more often than he has in those situations.

Against average QBs, they really should be blitzing more on 3rd downs than they do. Also, never should they ever send just three, but they do on 3rd & long frequently. Even the crappiest of QBs can find an open guy in any zone of the field if there's absolutely no pressure on him.

Against good QBs, guarding the line is a better bet - keep the open guys in front of the line, rally to the ball and tackle him short. The biggest problem there is that our young DBs have had terrible zone coverage awareness and teams with decent QBs rip off 20+ yards on 3rd & 12's routinely. More experience and awareness in our DB corps should begin to negate that weakness this year and going forward. However, that still doubles back to my point about needing a better pass rush and LB coverage. If one of those two also improve, this team is going to be a very tough playoff out.

I have been seeing this as well. I think you have to place the blame not only on Capers but on everyone from TT on down for not addressing the issue in the draft and free agency. Yes, we know TT doesn't believe in free agency but the defensive problems have been an issue for several years now. I know they had to help out the secondary but the Linebacker position seems like an after thought. If we see the same lack of production out of the secondary and pass rush, I would think jobs will be in jeopardy.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been seeing this as well. I think you have to place the blame not only on Capers but on everyone from TT on down for not addressing the issue in the draft and free agency. Yes, we know TT doesn't believe in free agency but the defensive problems have been an issue for several years now. I know they had to help out the secondary but the Linebacker position seems like an after thought. If we see the same lack of production out of the secondary and pass rush, I would think jobs will be in jeopardy.

Agreed.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more cuts today:

• David Talley, linebacker
  • Daquan Holmes, cornerback
  • Kalif Phillips, running back
  • Calvin Heurtelou, defensive tackle

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more cuts today:

• David Talley, linebacker
  • Daquan Holmes, cornerback
  • Kalif Phillips, running back
  • Calvin Heurtelou, defensive tackle

You would think more cuts than that would be made today considering they only have until tomorrow.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think more cuts than that would be made today considering they only have until tomorrow.

Aaron Peck, TE has been added to the list.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest updates:

• Aaron Taylor, safety
  • Thomas Evans, offensive lineman

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope we can stash Clark on the PS

Done.

Green Bay Packers Mobile: Packers sign LB Brooks, claim LB Odom, place OL Barclay on IR

Reports are saying Brooks is a gamer so he should improve that position immediately. I don't know anything about Odom but I am a lil surprised about the Elliot trade. Barclay going on IR is more of a blessing than a curse I'm not a Barclay fan.

Besides Matthews GB hasn't drafted an impact LB in a long time. I think once LB coach Kevin Greene left the position has taken a step back.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogel's number changed to 8 for the regular season. They really should make the retirement of #5 official while Hornung is above ground.