• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Green Bay did it again

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like GB could use a little skepticism themselves. I mean, you guys seem to be betting a lot on Jordan Love. I'm not sure I'd feel great about the near future with the ball in his hands. Although it's been a long time since GB has had a bad QB, so maybe Love will shock the world and become the next Favre or Rodgers. :noidea:
Christian Watson and Aaron Jones being back is pretty big deal for this game. Dillon has looked average, so ground game getting a huge boost. Watsons vertical game is especially dangerous when we are banking on Melifonwu having consecutive good games. Unless Joseph is able to be back for this one.

Lions have won the last 3, but each game was a 1 score game. This will be another good game. I think you are right that if Lions lose they are in a tough spot.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying if GB wins they could start 6-1 is talking about the Lions like they are 80s 9ers?

Nothing in that post was aggressive or making wild claims. He stated he thinks Lions could win, which is not an unreasonable take, especially where he made no guarantees. And referenced if GB does they are set up to run away with the division.

This is the most luke warm, "I hope my team wins" takes in the history of the board. Followed by praise of your teams chances for the year. I can't tell if you had a complete failure of reading comprehension here, or if you are really bothered by "I like my teams chances"
"I still feel Det should handle GB fairly easily" makes this tldr. I got one sentence in.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like GB could use a little skepticism themselves. I mean, you guys seem to be betting a lot on Jordan Love. I'm not sure I'd feel great about the near future with the ball in his hands. Although it's been a long time since GB has had a bad QB, so maybe Love will shock the world and become the next Favre or Rodgers. :noidea:

Haha, like the shocker in this convo would be JLove and not Goff. You're Detroit. Everyone expects you to fail, especially with a cast off QB. Ppl hope we fail. But track record says otherwise.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's cah and yahd? Patriots play in Foxborough and are closer to providence than Boston. They fly out of Providence and the visiting teams fly into Prov and stay at the Biltmore here. BTW NE has 6 states , just some education for you

Yall all don't sound alike up there? That's not one gigantic state with Bahstin as the capitol? Bullshit, I passed geometry.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, like the shocker in this convo would be JLove and not Goff. You're Detroit. Everyone expects you to fail, especially with a cast off QB. Ppl hope we fail. But track record says otherwise.

You mean the guy who has was the starting QB on a Super Bowl team? Have you seen his stats?

I'm not sure why you think he is a cast off QB destined for failure. Genuine question, what makes you feel that way? Was it because he was traded?

Last edited:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARod and Tom Brady? Yikes. Let’s slow that roll when he’s 2-1 vs the likes of the Bears Saints and Falcons.
If Carr wasn't injured, the Packers would be 1-2 and everyone would have a different take.

That said, can we swap QBs with the Packers?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Carr wasn't injured, the Packers would be 1-2 and everyone would have a different take.

Why would you want to swap QB's? It seems like you'd be better of taking the "L's" and drafting a QB, although I imagine that Love would likely have the same result as Fields right now in Chicago. You're likely going to have your pick of the litter when it comes to next year's draft, especially with the Panthers first pick too, so it seems it would be better to stay put.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it's an expectation, more like a feeling. I mean the Lions are 10-3 in their last 13 games with three wins in a row against Green Bay. They are also facing a QB that is basically a rookie. Seems like a good time to have a little confidence, no?

It's funny that the second someone has some confidence in the Lions, the GB fans (really most NFL fans) tell them to "calm down now" "you're still Detroit" and tell them that they shouldn't have confidence.
Actually, the Bears are now Detroit so...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Bears are now Detroit so...
I wouldn't go that far. The Bears have A LOT of draft capital. As a Detroit fan, I'm more nervous about the Bears future potential than GB's. They are going to likely get a generational QB next draft. It's usually pretty easy to build around one of those guys. I think the Bears are 2-3 seasons away from being a legit contender again. Detroit went for decades with very little hope (we had the brief stint with Stafford and Megatron). GB does seem to keep winning games. We'll see how the season unfolds for them, but I don't see them being the threat they were the past 15 years. We'll see if I'm wrong there soon.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want to swap QB's? It seems like you'd be better of taking the "L's" and drafting a QB, although I imagine that Love would likely have the same result as Fields right now in Chicago. You're likely going to have your pick of the litter when it comes to next year's draft, especially with the Panthers first pick too, so it seems it would be better to stay put.
Truth

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. The Bears have A LOT of draft capital. As a Detroit fan, I'm more nervous about the Bears future potential than GB's. They are going to likely get a generational QB next draft. It's usually pretty easy to build around one of those guys. I think the Bears are 2-3 seasons away from being a legit contender again. Detroit went for decades without very little hope (we had the brief stint with Stafford and Megatron). GB does seem to keep winning games. We'll see how the season unfolds for them, but I don't see them being the threat they were the past 15 years. We'll see if I'm wrong there soon.
I just don't trust the Bears organization. They may draft a great QB but somehow find a way to ruin him.

It's Chicago

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the guy who has was the starting QB on a Super Bowl team? Have you seen his stats?

I'm not sure why you think he is a cast off QB destined for failure. Genuine question, what makes you feel that way? Was it because he was traded?
Yes, he didn't have 'it' and had to go. He will raise yalls floor though.

iliketrees

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If ATL didn't have ancient Egyptian gods on their side GB would be 3-0. You can say that about anything.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he didn't have 'it' and had to go. He will raise yalls floor though.

I think he'd raise a lot of "floors" in the NFL. If GB had a chance, I think they would be wise to trade Love and draft picks for him, but I don't see Detroit parting ways with him anytime soon, nor would they trade him within the division.

Although, I just don't see much value in Love. I may find out tonight and the rest of this season that I was wrong though.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ATL didn't have ancient Egyptian gods on their side GB would be 3-0. You can say that about anything.

I think the ATL game is what gives me such confidence about the game tonight. Although, tonight is in GB. That's a tough place to get a win. I prefer this game in September then December.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But it doesn't change the topic.

If the Packers were 3-0, there would be more conversations about Love for sure.

But GB looks good, and I hope they continue to do well.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Watson and Aaron Jones being back is pretty big deal for this game. Dillon has looked average, so ground game getting a huge boost. Watsons vertical game is especially dangerous when we are banking on Melifonwu having consecutive good games. Unless Joseph is able to be back for this one.

Lions have won the last 3, but each game was a 1 score game. This will be another good game. I think you are right that if Lions lose they are in a tough spot.

I see Watson and Jones as questionable... along with Zach Tom and Alexander 2 other important players on injury report. They could still be in-actives for the game. Getting any of them back helps... Jones and Alexander being the biggest help if they can play, I would even take having Zach Tom over Watson personally if I had to choose.

Agree Dillon is very average at RB... if no Jones again tonight, do not like Packers chances much.

Packers being a young team... other than turnovers, the team makes a lot of "rookie" mistakes, lots of penalties (#2 in league) and misscommunications. There is no game I will pencil in as victory before the final whistle this season.

1695913973127.png