• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grand Theft in Boston

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone watch the fox sports 1 telecast? the irish invasion. Stiff Pendred fights like Frankenstein won a decision when he looked like he was completely outclassed.

Benson Henderson dominated Cowboy was shocked he lost that decision. Benson really got alot of shots to that front thigh on Cowboy that upped his numbers, but really looked like he got the better of most exchanges.

They are really pushing Cerrone. Seems like whoever had more takedowns won decisions.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the Ads for the fight...no cable here OR I may have watched it for kicks. Doesn't surprise me Fox1 throws a "free bone" to the viewers and the fight ends up a draw so PPV cash can be made latter.

Anyone else see the same thing I do here?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Bendo dominated Cowboy but I felt he won the fight. He certainly got more strikes and if the judges do their job like they are suppose to, it should have been a point victory for him. He won all 3 rounds imo with the only close round being the 3rd. But apparently the judges don't know shit. They felt just because Cerrone controlled the center of the ring more (ignoring the fact that Bendo was counter striking more effectively) and got 2 takedowns (that resulted in nothing) he won 2 of the 3 rounds. Just dumb.

Neb4life

Eat more BEEF !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,263.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Bendo dominated Cowboy but I felt he won the fight. He certainly got more strikes and if the judges do their job like they are suppose to, it should have been a point victory for him. He won all 3 rounds imo with the only close round being the 3rd. But apparently the judges don't know shit. They felt just because Cerrone controlled the center of the ring more (ignoring the fact that Bendo was counter striking more effectively) and got 2 takedowns (that resulted in nothing) he won 2 of the 3 rounds. Just dumb.

Some judges put a lot of stock in takedowns. I was suprised that Bendo lost. Seems like something was going on since Cowboy is Dana's love child.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get it Mike Goldberg. McGregor is Irish. Awesome. He leaned on that fact like he did "changing of the guard" during the Penn/McDonald fight.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana said after the fight that he agreed that Pendred should have lost, when it came to Henderson though, he said take the decision out of the judges hands. That was only supposed to happen in vegas.

Yeay, takedowns and crowd noise swayed the judges.

Cowboy was really up in the WEC, back when UFC was not on any regular cable stations. He got here and sputtered, now they are eventually gonna get him a title shot.