• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF is Gibson doing? I was really hoping he'd finally turn the corner this year and become a reliable lineman.
What is an ideal weight for Motuapuaka?....he's under 6ft, so 241lbs sounds heavy.

It would be nice to have some normal sized linebackers. We are always undersized there for speed and that hurts us at times.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to have some normal sized linebackers. We are always undersized there for speed and that hurts us at times.

If we can still have that speed, sure. But Bud's defense is predicated on speed, and I've seen us hurt by a lack of speed at least as much as by a lack of size.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have weddings to go to Sept 6th, 13th, and 20th this fall. Does this qualify as cruel and unusual punishment?

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to move the dates to August. Even though VT has no Saturday home games in October, there's still awesome college football to watch all day.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to move the dates to August. Even though VT has no Saturday home games in October, there's still awesome college football to watch all day.

Good point. All weddings should be after March Madness and before the football season starts.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the decommitments we have thus far for the 2015 class - didn't Babs also add a couple of other resources to assist with our recruiting? Are they not panning out?

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another primetime game for the Hokies to open the season....we need to start winning some of these.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Juice keeps up the trend and has a great spring game, I don't see any scenario in which he isn't getting significant playing time come Fall. Even if Edmunds get back 100% healthy, you can't keep that kind of talent off the field.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Juice keeps up the trend and has a great spring game, I don't see any scenario in which he isn't getting significant playing time come Fall. Even if Edmunds get back 100% healthy, you can't keep that kind of talent off the field.

Keep in mind Beamer has kept that kind of talent on the bench before....even redshirted that kind of talent for no apparent reason.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind Beamer has kept that kind of talent on the bench before....even redshirted that kind of talent for no apparent reason.

True, but he's stated in recent years that you can't keep talent off the field with so many jumping to the nfl early. Along with the fact he knows he's closing out his career, he realizes that he's got to put the best players on the field.

At least that's the hope.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the decommitments we have thus far for the 2015 class - didn't Babs also add a couple of other resources to assist with our recruiting? Are they not panning out?

After reading TKP this AM found the answer to a question I had a while back. Long story short - the reqs "Director of Player Personnel for Football" and "Director of High School Relations for Football" are now being posted. The first req will report to the Associate Athletics Director for Football Operations while the second req will report to the Director of Player Personnel for Football.

I am VERY EXCITED about this move and I personally think it will pay HUGE dividends in the long run recruiting a higher level of talent which also fits the mold of our program. Whit - you get my vote and my money sir. Thank you.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading TKP this AM found the answer to a question I had a while back. Long story short - the reqs "Director of Player Personnel for Football" and "Director of High School Relations for Football" are now being posted. The first req will report to the Associate Athletics Director for Football Operations while the second req will report to the Director of Player Personnel for Football.

I am VERY EXCITED about this move and I personally think it will pay HUGE dividends in the long run recruiting a higher level of talent which also fits the mold of our program. Whit - you get my vote and my money sir. Thank you.

This move will also allow Stiney to continue to do very little for the program while collecting a big salary!

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move will also allow Stiney to continue to do very little for the program while collecting a big salary!

IMHO - from what I have seen from WB, that will probably work itself out now that JW is out.