• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goalie situation

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Harding is out indefinitely with a broken foot. :gaah:

Darcy Kuemper is still unsigned - though he is an RFA..... but still!?!? :gaah:

as of now, they'll need to rely on Backstrom and John Curry (only 6 NHL games).... so they've invited Ilya Bryzgalov to camp, which opened today... :gaah:

Not a promising way to open camp after their exciting run in the playoffs last year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sign Kuemper ASAP. Backstrom is feasible, Bryzgalov is not. Sucks about Harding.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK much about John Curry I'll admit.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sign Kuemper ASAP. Backstrom is feasible, Bryzgalov is not. Sucks about Harding.

I agree Doobs, but what's Kuemper's value? He's only got 32 some odd games over 2 seasons in the NHL. They already have so much tied up in Harding and Backstrom. Wild were too loyal when they re-signed Backstrom and overpaid. (and I said it at the time). Ilya is only good in stretches.

IDK much about John Curry I'll admit.

LOL.... No one does, yet!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Doobs, but what's Kuemper's value? He's only got 32 some odd games over 2 seasons in the NHL. They already have so much tied up in Harding and Backstrom. Wild were too loyal when they re-signed Backstrom and overpaid. (and I said it at the time). Ilya is only good in stretches.

LOL.... No one does, yet!

I would've given Kuemper that contract over Harding & Backstrom. Kuemper has the most upsides in the long term IMO. I don't know anything about Curry besides NHL 14.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've given Kuemper that contract over Harding & Backstrom. Kuemper has the most upsides in the long term IMO. I don't know anything about Curry besides NHL 14.

Unfortunately, Harding was the future and his contract was given before he was diagnosed with MS last summer. Backstrom's was a headscratcher, though. As for Kuemper, he'd only played 6 games in the NHL....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, Harding was the future and his contract was given before he was diagnosed with MS last summer. Backstrom's was a headscratcher, though. As for Kuemper, he'd only played 6 games in the NHL....

:agree:

True Harding was just bad luck. Thought for sure the Wild would let Backstrom go. I would sign Kuemper & try to trade Backstrom. I think Kuemper has a lot of potential. Showed some good stuff in his limited appearances IMO.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Kuemper & the Wild have agreed to a 2 year deal...

Wild goalie Kuemper agrees to two-year contract - NHL.com - News

Yup. They suspended Harding without pay to do it. I wonder who the teammate was, that he got into an altercation with. They've been so tight lipped about it...

:noidea:

Sucks for Harding. I'd been pulling for him, not just because he's a member of the Wild, but also because he has MS. I've watched my mom struggle with it since we was diagnosed nearly 20 years ago.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. They suspended Harding without pay to do it. I wonder who the teammate was, that he got into an altercation with. They've been so tight lipped about it...

:noidea:

Sucks for Harding. I'd been pulling for him, not just because he's a member of the Wild, but also because he has MS. I've watched my mom struggle with it since we was diagnosed nearly 20 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your mom man, MS is no joke. Really amazing how Harding could play goalie at this level with that disease. Really hard not to root for him.