• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

goalie by the end of the draft?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a post at the swamp that the Flyers were interested in trading for TIm Thomas, sending Simon Gagne to Boston. Any of you Flyers fans hear this yet? It would basically be an even swap of salaries. As a Bruins fan, I certainly would welcome this trade as I think Gagne is a quality player. Thoughts?

No

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea i was not offended beantown. i just think that would be an awful deal for us.

well we might have a goalie tomorrow and i am hearing nabokov is down to us and another team. he would be our best goalie in a while.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea. nabokov is a common philly name. nabokov cheese steaks. maybe we can put an ivan drago statue next to rocky.

i would guess for around what hamhuis was asking for. i did not really want nabokov although it makes sense. he is our best goalie in a while, he could be a good goalie for another 3 or 4 years, he actually wins games by himself at times, and he is better than thomas. also, we do not have to trade much for him. i wanted bernier although it would have been a tough trade to make. it would require carter to be traded and if bernier turned out to be average then that is an epic trade for the kings and pretty much means you get fired.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate all of the talk of acquiring Nabokov, Thomas, Vokoun, Turco and Mason. These goalies are too old and too expensive, plain and simple. I think we're better off trading for a much younger, cheaper goalie that we can count on for years to come or even just staying with Leighton and improving the defense instead.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate all of the talk of acquiring Nabokov, Thomas, Vokoun, Turco and Mason. These goalies are too old and too expensive, plain and simple. I think we're better off trading for a much younger, cheaper goalie that we can count on for years to come or even just staying with Leighton and improving the defense instead.

If tonight proved anything, it's that the Flyers will not be going with this route.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you Mav, Fuck all these old ass wanna be's! Nabakov is no where an improvement over our current goalies. Shit that fag will let in more softies than Leighton! Out of the ones you have listed the only one I would be happy with is Vokun because He can make the routine save plus some spectacular ones when need be, but behind a solid "D" core he would be lethal. He is very steady in net and would thrive on a good team. If we do get Nabby that punk will find out real quick philly fans aren't very forgiving like Shark fans!

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nabby is the one old head I wouldnt mind for the right price. If we can get him at 3.5 for 2-3 years, it would be a steal IMO. I just dont want no ridiculous 5 year NMC for 5 million a year.

He plays too much in San Jose behind a somewhat shoddy defense. If we provide a viable backup, he might have some energy to make a good run in the playoffs. Im sure sharks fans have something to say about that though...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya.. career 2.39 GAA and .912 in the regular season is terrible, i dont want that for like 4 mil.. that would be so terrible

'but he chokes in the playoffs!!'.. 2.29 GAA and .914 playoff stats.. aka he gets better.. i dont want to bring in a young guy that takes a year+ to get used to the NHL cause next offseason gagne, carter, giroux, and leino need new contracts.. the reason the flyers put together a run to the finals is because leino and giroux (2 of our best forwards) cost a combined 1.6 mil.. that wont be the case next year..

i agree 100% in not getting an old washed up goalie.. nabokov and vokoun dont belong in that category.. nabokov had the highest save percentage of his career last year (.922).. the sharks have like 13 mil to sign 8 players, thats why they aren't resigning him.. and IMO vokoun might be the best goalie in the league.. he's put up enough numbers to show people he's good, and he's played behind GARBAGE his entire career.. his lowest save percentage since the lockout was a .919, and he had a .925 last season with the panthers who had NOTHING else

i would be happy with either of these guys (assuming nabokov doesn't cost more than 5, and if its that much it better be a short contract)

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the price for vokun would be but I hope it is reasonable. He would be the best bet all around. Still not sold on Nabby, He is just too much of a disappearing act come playoff time! He was on a good team last year. Although they made it to the WCF'S he still looked horrible in that series...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the price for vokun would be but I hope it is reasonable. He would be the best bet all around. Still not sold on Nabby, He is just too much of a disappearing act come playoff time! He was on a good team last year. Although they made it to the WCF'S he still looked horrible in that series...

his stats get better in the playoffs? i don't understand how thats disappearing?

the sharks suck in the playoffs cause their 1 trick pony (the thorton line) disappears every year, regardless of who is on it, because thorton is a joke in the playoffs

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his stats get better in the playoffs? i don't understand how thats disappearing?

the sharks suck in the playoffs cause their 1 trick pony (the thorton line) disappears every year, regardless of who is on it, because thorton is a joke in the playoffs

Stats don't always tell the whole tale though, look at some of the goals he has let in over the years in the playoffs. He really looked bad in the WCF's. I just don't see it sorry. I would much rather see concentrated efforts on Bernier, Quick or Vokun.. I know Nabby would be cheap but I think this team can make another cup run this year, I just don't think Nabby is the missing piece.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Leighton had pretty amazing stats int he playoffs yet we are all blaming him for two incredibly weak goals

just playing devil's advocate here Awaz. I am agreeing with your other points

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a good point.. stats dont tell the whole tale.. but i think nabby would be a definite upgrade, for not much cap space..

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he could get an incentive based contract. the bonus money does not count against the cap. so he could get a nice contract and we would be happy because not all of the money counts against the cap.

seriously, he would be our best goalie in 20 years. i wanted bernier although it would be a huge risk. trading a proven 40 goal scorer for a goalie who is good in the ahl. leighton was good in the ahl. also, if bernier did play well then our cap situation would be horrible next year. he would need a new contract also.

if nabokov signs for a reasonable cap hit, it is probably our best option.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question to all of you --

With Backlund, Duchesne, Teslak, Eriksson, De Serres, Kovar, Riople and Morrison via-ing for the top "goalie of the future" position....just how long do our boys need to sign a free agent for??

I mean, just how much should we pay or give up with these players waiting to be our next Pelle Lindbergh or Ron Hextall?

Last edited by a moderator:

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well there is a question. if the flyers sign nabokov to an incentive based contract it has to be a 1 year deal. now they can do that for next year and then do the same thing the year after. i am not sure. either way, eriksson is the closest and probably needs 2-3 years.