• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

goalie by the end of the draft?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i for one have a feeling nothing is getting done today or tomorrow and that its gonna take til july 1st or later for us to see what our goalie situation will be. i think holmgren still hasnt found the right offer and doesnt wanna jump into a commitment too soon.

the more and more i think the more im liking the idea of getting chris mason. his career numbers are just as solid as a miller or luongo and hes gonna cost aroud 4 mil at most. then resign leighton as your backup and over the next year keep pursuing a young goalie and try and get him in your system.

anyone else think its gonna be a few days before we see our goalie?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my prediction also.

(crosses fingers)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked if Ballard was in play, Talon replied, "They're all in play."

I hope that includes Vokoun.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it will take carter to get vokoun. we all know that will not happen.

i agree that nothing will happen. i actually think that league wide nothing will really happen. writers are good at reporting every little conversation between gms and post all of them as rumors. i am thinking this will be like the trade deadline where nothing really happens except us watching teams draft young players.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it with everyone wanting old over-paid goalies, Vokoun and Thomas?

First off Scott is right I'm going to assume that to get either it will take Carter to acquire them, and then what is to say they ever preform. I think one think that no one is realizing is that Leights played hiss ass off this season for us and both him and Boosh played well in the playoffs(just not well enough to win a cup). If we are going to upgrade let's upgrade for Christ's sake and go after a Bernier, Schnieder, harding, Quick or any other young goalie who's showing he can be a premier NHL goaltender. Then we lock him up for the next 5 years or so at a reasonable cap hit keep developing our farm system goalies and spend the difference improving the rest of our team. Then let's win a fucking cup.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a post at the swamp that the Flyers were interested in trading for TIm Thomas, sending Simon Gagne to Boston. Any of you Flyers fans hear this yet? It would basically be an even swap of salaries. As a Bruins fan, I certainly would welcome this trade as I think Gagne is a quality player. Thoughts?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed take you're overpaid back-up elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just reporting a rumor I heard, no need to be offended

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gagne has one more year, and then his 5.25 cap hit goes to keeping Carter and giving Giroux and Leino a raise. If we traded him for Thomas, it would work this year, but we'd have to let go of Carter next year to keep Giroux and Leino. IMO, he is worth Gagne, but not Gagne and Carter.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellis does not have a Vezina. Ellis has not been one of the best goalies in the league the last 3 years. Ellis couldn't even start for a fringe playoff team. Thomas is a terrific goalie, but Boston was drunk and/or high when they offered that contract to him.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the puck out of the net. That's all you need to do, and I don't care how you do it. I don't think Sabres or Wing fans cared either when Hasek was carrying them to the Finals.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A flopper who didn't make it to the NHL until late in his career and shined when he did make it to the league, while winning a Cup late in his career with a team who played in the 1997 SCF?

I sure hope so.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Thomas. With the right D he may be effective but to what extent? Leighton proved he could be better than average with a good D. If we got Hamhuis I could see Thomas not having to be spectacular, just come with a few big ones every now and then and NO SOFTIES!!( Yea you Leighton)