• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia vs LSU in SEC Championship Game

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there is still a lot of football but this seems the likely matchup. UGA best defense in SEC vs LSU best offense I'm SEC.

If Georgia wins you could have three 1 loss SEC teams.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like UGA, but don't think they're good enough to beat this year's LSU, unless the Tigers help them out with lots of mistakes.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The is why I was against the playoff - the SEC is and has been the actual CFB championship for decades. The rest of the conferences have a couple big recruiters who simply try to stay healthy and practice against weak teams all season for their bowl or NCG chance. Squads like OSUx, Clemson, Oklahoma...they're just a taking advantage of the loophole of a weak conference and sad schedule.

If Joja and LSUx make it to the SECCG, which really is the NCG, it'll be a good contest and worthy of another great season of tough football in the SEC. But it ain't over yet. Any team can lose on any Saturday in the SEC.

I don't know why everything always has to suck everywhere else, but it does. No wonder the South is getting so Goddamned crowded.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like UGA, but don't think they're good enough to beat this year's LSU, unless the Tigers help them out with lots of mistakes.
We have a shot. Auburn held them in check in Baton Rouge, and our defense is just as good, if not better than Auburn's, and we're better offensively than Auburn.

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UGA beats LSU and there are three 1 loss teams, UGA gets in automatically but with the worst loss.

Bama and LSU fans will take over the Finebaum show

Reactions: gob

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UGA beats LSU and there are three 1 loss teams, UGA gets in automatically but with the worst loss.

Bama and LSU fans will take over the Finebaum show

I'm getting a little suspicious that we don't actually control our own destiny. Let's say we get to the SECCG at 11-1 and beat 12-0 LSU, both UGA and LSU will be 12-1, but considering our bad loss and LSU's road win against Bama, I'm not entirely convinced the committee would take us over LSU.

But otherwise, one loss Oregon/Oklahoma gets in over Bama.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The is why I was against the playoff - the SEC is and has been the actual CFB championship for decades. The rest of the conferences have a couple big recruiters who simply try to stay healthy and practice against weak teams all season for their bowl or NCG chance. Squads like OSUx, Clemson, Oklahoma...they're just a taking advantage of the loophole of a weak conference and sad schedule.

If Joja and LSUx make it to the SECCG, which really is the NCG, it'll be a good contest and worthy of another great season of tough football in the SEC. But it ain't over yet. Any team can lose on any Saturday in the SEC.

I don't know why everything always has to suck everywhere else, but it does. No wonder the South is getting so Goddamned crowded.

Whatever makes you sleep at night. I know "Big Game" Danny isn't going to help you sleep much.

Fun fact: If Ohio State finishes the regular season undefeated they will have more wins against ranked team than ANY team in the nation.

Keep lying to yourself, fuckstick

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is obviously the better team but anything could happen.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a little suspicious that we don't actually control our own destiny. Let's say we get to the SECCG at 11-1 and beat 12-0 LSU, both UGA and LSU will be 12-1, but considering our bad loss and LSU's road win against Bama, I'm not entirely convinced the committee would take us over LSU.

Even with the bad loss, there's no way LSU would get in OVER Georgia in that scenario. Georgia would've beat them head-to-head and would be SEC Champs. LSU would probably also get in, but Georgia would definitely be in in that scenario.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever makes you sleep at night. I know "Big Game" Danny isn't going to help you sleep much.

Fun fact: If Ohio State finishes the regular season undefeated they will have more wins against ranked team than ANY team in the nation.

Quality wins...such quality.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality wins...such quality.

You are going full TEAM SEC lolzz it's funny

Florida's top wins and ranked wins this season:
13 Auburn (2 loss team but could be a 4 loss team)

Can add nothing to that list.

Ohio St's top win and ranked wins this season:
17 Cincy (loss team)
15 Wisconsin (2 loss team)
24 Indiana (2 loss team)

Could add to the list: 9 Penn St (loss team), 14scUM (2 loss team)

But yeah your conference plays the best competition and no one else does lolzzz

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there is still a lot of football but this seems the likely matchup. UGA best defense in SEC vs LSU best offense I'm SEC.

If Georgia wins you could have three 1 loss SEC teams.

I don't think so.

If LSU wins...LSU and Bama will get in.

If UGA wins...Only UGA will get in. (They won't put a loser from a CCG in. It would be difficult for them
to put in Bama over LSU.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IF Ohio State finishes the season undefeated....where have I heard that one before...

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It should be really simple, if Georgia wins the SEC Championship Game they get a playoff bid. If they don't they deserve a good bowl.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so.

If LSU wins...LSU and Bama will get in.

If UGA wins...Only UGA will get in. (They won't put a loser from a CCG in. It would be difficult for them
to put in Bama over LSU.

Any Conference Champion with only one loss should get in over someone who is not a Conference Champion. The operative word is SHOULD!!!

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Conference Champion with only one loss should get in over someone who is not a Conference Champion. The operative word is SHOULD!!!

I have no problem with that.

But the fault lies with the Big10 and the Pac12. When the four leagues came up with this playoff idea...
The Big10 and Pac12 argued that the best 4 Conf Champs should get in. Slive of the SEC fought them
for the best 4 teams. They buckled to the SEC,

And once again...they have the standings favoring two teams from the SEC getting in. Bama is at 5 waiting
for UGA to lose the SEC title game to LSU and they come in as the 4th seed.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Auburn beats Georgia, then Georgia beats LSU? Setting up to break the system

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the fault lies with the Big10 and the Pac12. When the four leagues came up with this playoff idea...
The Big10 and Pac12 argued that the best 4 Conf Champs should get in. Slive of the SEC fought them

And once again...they have the standings favoring two teams from the SEC getting in. Bama is at 5 waiting

Bama will get jumped by a 1 loss PAC champ and/or a one loss B12 champ.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the B1G and PAC who fought ANY playoff idea for years, and the B12 backed them on it. Yet they were the first to carp about the BCS.

At least Slive WANTED a playoff. Without that, we would still have the BCS and the B1G, PAC, and B12 STILL bitching about it.