• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Geeeez....This roster needs a lot of off season work..an assessment.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there is great focus on what's happening at the QB position, here are the guys that I believe will be on the move during the off-season:

1. E.J. Biggers.........health and coverage skills doom him

2. Chris Chester.......Retirement

3. Ryan Clark...........Retirement

4. Pierre Garcon......Trade

5. Kedric Goldston....Released

6. Josh LeRibeus......Released

7. Kory Lichtensteiger....cut/traded

8. Brandon Meriweather....Released

9. Santana Moss.....Retirement

10. Tyler Polumbus....Released

11. Brian Orakpo......free agency

12. Tracy Porter....injury settlement

13. Tanard Jackson....Released

Here's a further list of guys on the bubble (could be traded or released)

1. Stephen Bowen.....age/ health

2. Barry Cofield........age/ health

3. Tom Compton.......pre-season cut (see below list)

4. Kirk Cousins........Trade

5. Robert Griffin III....Trade by request

6. Leonard Hankerson....Health

7. Shawn Lauvao.......pre-season cut/ health

8. Colt McCoy........Released

Finally a list of guys that I'll list as "The great experiments"

1. Tom Compton.....experiment at guard

2. Morgan Mosses....Experiment at guard

3. Deangelo Hall.....in the slot or at safety.

Seems to be a lot of work and a lot of decisions in the coming weeks. I'm counting at least 24 roster slots being affected in the off-season.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with some of this list - especially the older guys. However - you just can't get rid of half the team & start over again especially without a multi-year plan. This addresses the pt of player development that I have brought up in numerous threads.

Some of the players on this list or either too old or too hopeless to even consider for the future, but there are lots of guys who might actually contribute if they had the right coaching staff & the team & fans show a bit more patience (tough I know). For starters - you can't rid of all your QBs & really no reason to get rid of RG3 at this time. He is relatively cheap so give him till the beginning of next season to see if he can improve.

Ditto for several of the O-lineman & several others. Again - the O-line plays as a unit & the addition of one or two quality lineman & some better coaching & time could result in major improvement in this area. Don't base the O-line strictly on the last month or so when Williams was hurt, coaching was suspect & the overall atmosphere was probably terrible. You have to give this a bit of time.

You simply cannot count on gutting the team & praying for 2-3 stellar drafts to fix everything. That is just one aspect of building a team. That is where player development will be key.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with some of this list - especially the older guys. However - you just can't get rid of half the team & start over again especially without a multi-year plan. This addresses the pt of player development that I have brought up in numerous threads.

Some of the players on this list or either too old or too hopeless to even consider for the future, but there are lots of guys who might actually contribute if they had the right coaching staff & the team & fans show a bit more patience (tough I know). For starters - you can't rid of all your QBs & really no reason to get rid of RG3 at this time. He is relatively cheap so give him till the beginning of next season to see if he can improve.

Ditto for several of the O-lineman & several others. Again - the O-line plays as a unit & the addition of one or two quality lineman & some better coaching & time could result in major improvement in this area. Don't base the O-line strictly on the last month or so when Williams was hurt, coaching was suspect & the overall atmosphere was probably terrible. You have to give this a bit of time.

You simply cannot count on gutting the team & praying for 2-3 stellar drafts to fix everything. That is just one aspect of building a team. That is where player development will be key.

OK, for the sake of argument let's say that I agree with you, which on my list would you keep? The whole RGIII thing was based on his desire to not want to stay here.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cut'all them players we would be better

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit of taking'someones 2nd or 3 rd stringer and'making him a starter needs to stop I agree with sytime cut them all fuck it !!!!!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, for the sake of argument let's say that I agree with you, which on my list would you keep? The whole RGIII thing was based on his desire to not want to stay here.

OK. For starters at least 2 of the 3 of the QBs. If I have to get rid of one of them it would be Cousins since that situation probably won't be productive for anyone.

I would then also probably keep Garcon, Lich, Compton, Moses, maybe Leribeus & possibly Hall and Bowen or Cofield. If he stayed for cheap (doubt it) I would also consider Orakpo. Like I said I agree with some (actually quite a bit) of your list. I am more concerned about starting completely from scratch.

At this time some ex-Redskins are actually making noise on other teams & I don't want this team to get rid of too many players w/o first ensuring that they have had a fair shot & are properly developed. I guess I have more of an issue with this team neglecting this area then with your actual list. This team outright sucks in terms of proper coaching & development.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit of taking'someones 2nd or 3 rd stringer and'making him a starter needs to stop I agree with sytime cut them all fuck it !!!!!!

We are talking about making the best of the Redskins own mid round draft picks & in some cases the players the Redskins have ditched are doing quite nicely elsewhere. With your approach you have to pray that you have a perfect draft every year. Guess what? No team has that type of track record. To just assume that coaching means nothing is foolish.