• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - San Jose at Nashville - Dec 15, 5:00PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok well maybe I spoke in frustration with Demers. Overall he is not too bad. I just hope TMac doesn't single him out too much because he is young and he (TMac) can get away with that on a young player. Let's see TMac jump on Marleau for his team worse -16. Not going to happen. IMO, I think one of the big 3 will be traded before the 2011 season starts. Too much invested in that one line, and they are not even the best line this year.

Benching a young player for making a mistake was a Ron Wilson speciality. McLellan has been very patient with younger players and has shown a willingness to put them right back out there so they can learn from their mistakes.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like what Braun and Demmers are doing, slightly remind me of Letang and Gologoski in Pittsburgh. I don't know if they are on par skill level wise but i'd say they are close

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well maybe I spoke in frustration with Demers. Overall he is not too bad. I just hope TMac doesn't single him out too much because he is young and he (TMac) can get away with that on a young player. Let's see TMac jump on Marleau for his team worse -16. Not going to happen. IMO, I think one of the big 3 will be traded before the 2011 season starts. Too much invested in that one line, and they are not even the best line this year.

Sorry MrV, I'm not trying to say you're wrong. I'm just saying I hope tmac doesn't overreact to one horrid play by Demers. Especially considering this teams leadership could use one huge reaming! Man, I can't believe Boyles positioning on that Kostitsyn goal...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry MrV, I'm not trying to say you're wrong. I'm just saying I hope tmac doesn't overreact to one horrid play by Demers. Especially considering this teams leadership could use one huge reaming! Man, I can't believe Boyles positioning on that Kostitsyn goal...

One horrid play? If that was worth a benching then the sharks could ice about 8 players a game.

Boyles positioning has always been suspect, not that he is getting worn out logging huge minutes its getting that much worse

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Boyle's made more bad reads/plays already this year than I remember him doing all of last year. I don't know if he's just trying to do too much or what but he, more than anyone else, really needs to improve his game if this team is going to have any shot.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to stay positive with this team as it slumps it's way through the beginning of the season but I surrender. They suck. Actually I have to be honest they don't suck, they are completely mediocre.

Marleau has been invisible so far this year.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope TMac doesn't overreact too, but he seemed to be laying blame on Demers in his postgame press conference. Don't really want to see Demers thrown under the bus when others (like the high paid Boyle, Marleau) are not carrying their weight either. And what about guys like Mitchell? No goals in a month?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, Marleau was playing really well up until about 2-3 weeks ago and he's looked much better that last two games. Honestly I'm less worried about Marleau than I am Thornton, Boyle, Heatley, and Pavelski.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilson just needs to bring in the experts to figure out what's going wrong...

bobs.jpg

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win tonight. Preds have been on a roll lately.

Good game, sharks.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Big Three decides to not consistently pay the price and work hard, this team will remain mediocre and continue with the lousy, throw away losses like the awful one tonight. They have gone stale here, and at least one of them should be gone before the beginning of next season. You have 17,562 who continue to loyally fill HP, and then you have these circus clowns on the team who just don't give as much of a damn as they should. Most likely, tomorrow night and Saturday night in STL will be ugly. I would rather have a team with a little less talent that decides to go all out, rather than these pathetic bunch of idiot losers who think that their natural talent will automatically carry them to a Cup. The so-called leadership group here sucks crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Three = Tin Man, Lion, Scarecrow = 0 Cups

patrickjc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Random thoughts

Perhaps I missed something, but I was wondering why Niemi is getting most of the starts in goal lately (4 in a row). Is Nitty injured? Niemi is playing ok, but it seems that TMac would be alternating goalies more often.

Also, it is telling that the Sharks have only one streak of 3 wins in a row this season. At least their inconsistency is consistent. Perhaps the captaincy should be given to one of the players who can step up and show some leadership. I don't know what kind of off -ice leader Thornton is, but he displays no leadership by example on the ice.

Patrick

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I missed something, but I was wondering why Niemi is getting most of the starts in goal lately (4 in a row). Is Nitty injured? Niemi is playing ok, but it seems that TMac would be alternating goalies more often.

Also, it is telling that the Sharks have only one streak of 3 wins in a row this season. At least their inconsistency is consistent. Perhaps the captaincy should be given to one of the players who can step up and show some leadership. I don't know what kind of off -ice leader Thornton is, but he displays no leadership by example on the ice.
Patrick

Amen to that.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expecting Thornton to be an effective leader and to consistently drive to the net with force would be like expecting a prostitute to be a virgin. :rolleyes:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I missed another good one... eh? Hah!

This Sharks team... "They are who we thought they were" (i.e. not very good, not surprisingly)

LOL.. and have a good night kids.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team lacks a little bit of everything. The one thing that irks me night after night is when a horrible ending to a game like this occurs (which is all the time this year) they don't show any emotion to what just happened. I'd be fuming like T.O. Somebody has to step up and punch someone in the face to get back on track.

The defense is young, they could turn out to be good or maybe not who knows at this point but there is no reason why this offense should have trouble scoring goals. Meanwhile marleau's sitting there eating a bag of popcorn off to the side while logan couture and the rookies work their tails off, alone. BS

Sorry that's my rant for the night. Funny how this team is pulling their lazy game strategy when they are in last place in the division LOL wtf seriously? Cheers for hoping it all goes uphill from here.