• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - San Jose at Nashville - Dec 15, 5:00PM

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was too pissed to post last night. I really hope Demers doesn't get too down on himself. He's the only player on the blueline besides Boyle with any sense of offensive creativity. Braun has a good shot, but can't touch the playmaking abilities of Demers.

As for the team, everyone has touched on it already. Laziness all around. Too many one dimensional players on the team. The only two way forwards on the team are Couture, Marleau, and Pavs. The makeup of the team is so dependent on being able to succeed offensively that when they struggle to score, things don't work out. Not holding on to leads, struggles 5 on 5, running around the defensive zone. Unless the "stars" on the team wake up offensively, all our comments in this thread are going to play like a broken record.

But we should know that even if they decide to snap out of their slumber, they will be taking frequent naps throughout the year. We knew Thornton was a happy go lucky guy and that making him Captain introduced a risk of team complacency. Well, here it is. I didn't read any of the post game comments, but I wouldn't be surprised if the words "It's no big deal" came out of Thornton's mouth.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was too pissed to post last night. I really hope Demers doesn't get too down on himself. He's the only player on the blueline besides Boyle with any sense of offensive creativity. Braun has a good shot, but can't touch the playmaking abilities of Demers.

As for the team, everyone has touched on it already. Laziness all around. Too many one dimensional players on the team. The only two way forwards on the team are Couture, Marleau, and Pavs. The makeup of the team is so dependent on being able to succeed offensively that when they struggle to score, things don't work out. Not holding on to leads, struggles 5 on 5, running around the defensive zone. Unless the "stars" on the team wake up offensively, all our comments in this thread are going to play like a broken record.

But we should know that even if they decide to snap out of their slumber, they will be taking frequent naps throughout the year. We knew Thornton was a happy go lucky guy and that making him Captain introduced a risk of team complacency. Well, here it is. I didn't read any of the post game comments, but I wouldn't be surprised if the words "It's no big deal" came out of Thornton's mouth.

yeah, jumbo with the C is looking like a goof. it is his team, but he's just not a leader who inspires fire out of his teammates. Boyle, Clowe, or pavs would have been better I feel. Jumbo and patty are both in the same boat with pretty much no outward passion for the game and both are guilty regularly of floating and half-arsing.

no doubt that if team canada were playing half as well as they did last year, the sharks would be 1st in the pacific and 2nd in the west behind just the wings. The big difference this year, aside perhaps from the D, has been the absolute junk from those three, particularly patty, of course. However, Jumbo hasnt been below a point per game for a looong time and heater too, so it's clearly not all on patty's shoulders. Pavs too has been undeniably disappointing as well. Perhaps the D cant move the puck or shoot as the could last year, but I think it's just a team-wide slump kinda like a lite version of jersey (who is packed with scorers, all of which can't score right now...)

Who knows? 31 games in is significant, but 51 left is also a lot and if they get in the PO's then anything can happen (and their only like 2 or 3 points out, basically nothing...). Dont forget that they took it to the wings in Detroit, played toe-to-toe with MTL, and had the rediculous comeback against philly. In a 7 game series, anyone can win and the sharks do have time to figure it out as long as they can stay in the race and not lose 4 or 5 in a row and put themselves in a bind.

btw, the youngins on D should continue to improve. Demers and Braun will get more confident and more secure, so we should see better decision making and improvement there too. The big 3 will be back and they will find their game at some point. They didnt suddenly stink (patty has been mercurial throughout his career, but jumbo and heater are perennial consistent scorers and they will find the twine more soon...)

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of the top 6 forwards only Heatley and Clowe have shown up with any regularity this season. What's really sad of the defenseman who have been here since opening day only vlasic, huskins and walin have been consistent and somewhat steady

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatley showed up every game? Not sure about that, dude... half of the games? Maybe... kind of, sort of.

Agreed on Clowe, though... and Couture.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose is always tough to beat so that was a big win for the Preds. Good game San Jose and best of luck the rest of the season.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Jose is always tough to beat so that was a big win for the Preds. Good game San Jose and best of luck the rest of the season.

Good luck to the Predators, too. They have more heart and character than the chumps in the Sharks' uniforms, that's for sure.