• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Reds @ Giants 8/24/10

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line-Up:

Torres CF
Posey C
Huff 1B
Burrell LF
Ross RF
Sandoval 3B
Uribe SS
F. Sanchez 2B
J. Sanchez P

This looks like a playoff-caliber line-up to me. The bench isn't too shabby either.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, I like this lineup. Hopefully Sanchez doesn't "need" Whiteside catching to be successful.

Hey Heath, did you go to school in SLO? I love that area down there.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if UUU can break out of his slump, ala Panda and Franchez. I'll be there tonight and hoping to stick around -- but that's on Chez.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how much of the game I'll get to watch today, so have a goodnight guys if I'm not around.

Have fun at the game tzill. Hopefully you get to stick around.

Man, it's weird seeing Livindisup as the positive poster over there now. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, I like this lineup. Hopefully Sanchez doesn't "need" Whiteside catching to be successful.

Hey Heath, did you go to school in SLO? I love that area down there.

Grew up in SLO. Went to school in Eugene at the University of Oregon. Got back home by way of The City and South Lake Tahoe. I've been really fortunate to live in great places my whole life. You have good taste. Get over to the Central Coast much?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see if UUU can break out of his slump, ala Panda and Franchez. I'll be there tonight and hoping to stick around -- but that's on Chez.

Enjoy the game. I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how much of the game I'll get to watch today, so have a goodnight guys if I'm not around.

Have fun at the game tzill. Hopefully you get to stick around.

Man, it's weird seeing Livindisup as the positive poster over there now. ;)

Don't worry, all those douchebags have their manic phases. Remember when NoSense was saying that he "expected" the Giants to make the playoffs? They all eventually revert back to menstruating form.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the game. I don't think you'll be disappointed. :)

I've got a good feeling and Newest Fish (former fish?) is starting in RF...if I see ANYONE who even LOOKS like he might be inout, I will punch him right in the vagina.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a good feeling and Newest Fish (former fish?) is starting in RF...if I see ANYONE who even LOOKS like he might be inout, I will punch him right in the vagina.

Hahaha. Easy enough. Wait til the last out or until the Giants have it well in hand, though. I don't want you to miss a victory for the sake of what's coming to that guy, regardless.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grew up in SLO. Went to school in Eugene at the University of Oregon. Got back home by way of The City and South Lake Tahoe. I've been really fortunate to live in great places my whole life. You have good taste. Get over to the Central Coast much?

I love Oregon. Really like the area around Ashland. Yes, I love the coast be it North or South. Love San Francisco and Half Moon Bay (I grew up in San Mateo) and I love the Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara areas as well (went to school at UCSB). I'm sure you already know about these places, but if you go to Pismo, I really like Splash Cafe for their Clam Chowder bread bowls and Mo's BBQ for restaurants. I also like to go to Paso Robles for some wine tasting occasionally (their is a great Italian place that starts with a 'G' that is eluding me at the moment.....the owner is a very nice, ridiculously buff, lol, Italian guy).....it's no Napa, but there are some good ones down there. I really like Justin for Red Wines and I like Meridian for any white wines (especially their Chardonnay). Had two buddies that went to SLO and I was always up there visiting on the weekends. I liked the Frog and the Peach and Mothers (???) bars, they were pretty cool. They lived in a great area right off of Princeton street (down off the bluff where all the College named streets were).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Oregon. Really like the area around Ashland. Yes, I love the coast be it North or South. Love San Francisco and Half Moon Bay (I grew up in San Mateo) and I love the Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara areas as well (went to school at UCSB). I'm sure you already know about these places, but if you go to Pismo, I really like Splash Cafe for their Clam Chowder bread bowls and Mo's BBQ for restaurants. I also like to go to Paso Robles for some wine tasting occasionally (their is a great Italian place that starts with a 'G' that is eluding me at the moment.....the owner is a very nice, ridiculously buff, lol, Italian guy).....it's no Napa, but there are some good ones down there. I really like Justin for Red Wines and I like Meridian for any white wines (especially their Chardonnay). Had two buddies that went to SLO and I was always up there visiting on the weekends. I liked the Frog and the Peach and Mothers (???) bars, they were pretty cool. They lived in a great area right off of Princeton street (down off the bluff where all the College named streets were).

Nice. I was born in San Mateo. First eight years of my life spent in Burlingame. You've got great taste in wine. Justin's quality is rarely rivaled around here. If you like Meridian's Chard, you'll love Harmony Cellars' (small vineyard in a tiny town on the way to Cambria from the south). Next time you're over this way, head to Avila Beach for the Wood Winery tasting room. Killer bordeaux-style blend (Raffine), awesome viognier and a cab/syrah blend that'll knock your socks off.

My girl friend and I just moved into a new place close to downtown, which has changed significantly in the last couple years. You probably wouldn't even recognize the Frog 'n Peach (which was an ice cream shop when I was a kid). It's pretty weird to sit in the booth where you used to eat ice cream and now get drunk. Mother's has changed a little, too. They call it MoTav now, but it's still Mother's to Slocals. Splash has gone down hill a little bit. The Pismo location is still great, but we got one in SLO that just doesn't cut it.

Actually just got back from a trip up to Oregon, too. Camped outside Florence, stayed with friends in Portland and played disc golf in Coos Bay, NE Portland and Grants Pass. Only stopped in Ashland for gas, but the lady was certainly impressed with its beauty (and extremely reasonable rent). Hope you get to enjoy a vacation yourself soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I was born in San Mateo. First eight years of my life spent in Burlingame. You've got great taste in wine. Justin's quality is rarely rivaled around here. If you like Meridian's Chard, you'll love Harmony Cellars' (small vineyard in a tiny town on the way to Cambria from the south). Next time you're over this way, head to Avila Beach for the Wood Winery tasting room. Killer bordeaux-style blend (Raffine), awesome viognier and a cab/syrah blend that'll knock your socks off.

My girl friend and I just moved into a new place close to downtown, which has changed significantly in the last couple years. You probably wouldn't even recognize the Frog 'n Peach (which was an ice cream shop when I was a kid). It's pretty weird to sit in the booth where you used to eat ice cream and now get drunk. Mother's has changed a little, too. They call it MoTav now, but it's still Mother's to Slocals. Splash has gone down hill a little bit. The Pismo location is still great, but we got one in SLO that just doesn't cut it.

Actually just got back from a trip up to Oregon, too. Camped outside Florence, stayed with friends in Portland and played disc golf in Coos Bay, NE Portland and Grants Pass. Only stopped in Ashland for gas, but the lady was certainly impressed with its beauty (and extremely reasonable rent). Hope you get to enjoy a vacation yourself soon.

I'll have to hit you up on this board next time I'm headed down that way to get all the local haunts that are awesome. Thanks for the heads up man, it's much appreciated.

That's crazy about the Frog n' Peach, I never knew it was an ice cream shop, lol. Yeah, all I remember about Mothers Tavern was that it was two stories, there were some good looking ladies and the beer was pretty good price-wise, lol.

I love the Oregon coast, tough to beat it when it comes to scenery, I just wish it weren't so damn cold, lol. Sounds like an awesome vacation man; good for you and the lady. :)

TheSaboteur

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Ross has similar mannerisms to Sanchez at the plate. Kinda weird.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1 Baby. Keep it up boys. Looks like Cody Ross is having a pretty good game so far.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess everybody done run ofttt. :)

Another early lead. Me likey.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess everybody done run ofttt. :)

Another early lead. Me likey.

Heath had to roll and tzill is at the game I think. But yes, daddy like!

Holy chit even steady Freddy has a bomb? :eek:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have I missed? Just turned on the game. Give me a one sentence summary man.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know much, just turned on the game too, lol.

Looks like it's just us though.....it'll be like the OG GDT!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody like that Dawg guy? He looks kind of annoying.

Hopefully nobody in here is Dawg.....:)