• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Dallas at San Jose - Dec 13, 7:30PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couture post game says no doubt his shootout goal went in. He says it went in by at least a foot and Raycroft kicked it out with his skate. Sometimes we just have to use common sense. I know everyone will say you cant see it go in on the video replays, but come on give me a break.

You should be complaining more about Niemi's inability to stop Dallas' attempts. He wasn't close to stopping either of them. He played a strong game in regulation and the OT but he looked pathetic on those shootout attemps.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldnt complain I cant stand shootouts win or lose.

Exactly. Shootouts are a fucking abomination. I still don't really understand why they haven't gotten rid of the shootout. The fans don't care for it, I'm sure the players don't really either.

The 3-game points is what pisses me off the most though, I guess. An OT loss should get you zero points, not 1. Or, if you're given a pity point for losing in OT, make a regulation win 3 points (and an OT win only 2).

Anyway, went off on a tangent there, sorry...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly. Shootouts are a fucking abomination. I still don't really understand why they haven't gotten rid of the shootout. The fans don't care for it, I'm sure the players don't really either.

The 3-game points is what pisses me off the most though, I guess. An OT loss should get you zero points, not 1. Or, if you're given a pity point for losing in OT, make a regulation win 3 points (and an OT win only 2).

Anyway, went off on a tangent there, sorry...

Hockey pureists don't like the shootout but we are in the minority now. Even then I can't tell you how many people have told me they hate the shootout but when one is going on they are glued to their seat or the TV. It was designed to draw the interest of the fair weather fan and for the most part it's worked. I don't see the shootout going anywhere for a while.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton could draw so many penalties if he bulldozed his way to the net. Instead, he'd rather pull up and look for the pass. He did this a few times during this game and it was so frustrating to watch. Also, looking to pass when he could skate up ice with the puck instead. The Sharks could have used a few more PP opportunities against the Stars' weak PK.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're probably right on Thornton. Look what happened when we actually got physical and got in front of Raycroft. We frustrated him and scored 2 goals in 2 minutes.

zambonidriver104

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Personally, if I could have anything in the world, it would be overtime that lasted until someone scored. But I know that's not realistic in an already grueling 82 game schedule.

Frankly, even though I know it's a cheap gimmick, I think I'd take a shootout over a tie any time someone gave me the choice. I sort of know it's not "pure" or even all that good, but I dunno I guess I'm one of those people Cmon described that finds myself glued to it when it's on. Sort of wish that wasn't the case so I could sound more like a purist, but it is what it is.

That said, 3 points is an embarrassment in my opinion, and needs to be remedied. While not loving any option, I'd probably vote for every game being a 3-pointer and giving 2 to the winner of a shootout, 3 to the winner of any other game including overtime.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, 3 points is an embarrassment in my opinion, and needs to be remedied. While not loving any option, I'd probably vote for every game being a 3-pointer and giving 2 to the winner of a shootout, 3 to the winner of any other game including overtime.

Yeah, there's no reason why they can't do at least that much if they insist on leaving the stupid shootout as is anyway.