• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 6/12 NASA @ Giants

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, thanks arse, now nobody will pay me their dues.

Oh right, in case of such an event, I did remember to write in an escape clause on page 2. Thanks Anthem, you're a better lawyer than tz. :heh: (I kid)

Lol, awesome.

HF Alert, but did Cam run away? Soy confused.

We'll see. They're starting to make a believer out of me. (and yes, Lilly is hurt)

gp and Cam got into it about Cam wanting a '30 HR guy' and gp insisting Panda counts. Haven't seen Cam since.

And no HF for me this time I know he was winding me up. I was shooting right back at him. I like this stuff. Other posters not so much.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gp and Cam got into it about Cam wanting a '30 HR guy' and gp insisting Panda counts. Haven't seen Cam since.

And no HF for me this time I know he was winding me up. I was shooting right back at him. I like this stuff. Other posters not so much.

Aw, gotcha. Cam didn't ever give me the impression of being the shrinking violet type, I'm sure he'll be back full of piss and vinegar.

No, I was using the HF Alert for myself. I wasn't sure if I misread what you wrote. Also, just because gp is wicked smart (seriously, I have to wikipedia a lot of the cases he brings up, lol), doesn't mean he's infallible. If you gotta feeling, I'm glad you stick to it msg.

EDIT: There are a ton of smart folks on this board, sometimes they look good and sometimes they look bad.....and I use all of the knowledge you guys give me to sound smart to other folks outside of this forum and use them as my own thoughts without citing any of you aholes. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, gotcha. Cam didn't ever give me the impression of being the shrinking violet type, I'm sure he'll be back full of piss and vinegar.

No, I was using the HF Alert for myself. I wasn't sure if I misread what you wrote.

Ah yes, now I understand.

And yeah I don't think Cam is gone for good, it's only been a few days...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really, gp? Why u mad?

If I had Cameron's thin skin I'd run away too...

Repeat after me: the Dodgers are for real...the Dodgers are for real...

:ss:

LOL. :boink:

You know, when you have to explain the humor, it ain't funny.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I was using the HF Alert for myself. I wasn't sure if I misread what you wrote. Also, just because gp is wicked smart (seriously, I have to wikipedia a lot of the cases he brings up, lol), doesn't mean he's infallible. If you gotta feeling, I'm glad you stick to it msg.

EDIT: There are a ton of smart folks on this board, sometimes they look good and sometimes they look bad.....and I use all of the knowledge you guys give me to sound smart to other folks outside of this forum and use them as my own thoughts without citing any of you aholes. :D

The key to creativity is the ability to plagiarize. Without being caught.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do the exact same thing, although with my wife I'll give due credit to my conversations with my 'internet Giants nerds'

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Actually, I was poking fun at those of us who said the dodgers aren't for real earlier in the season. You see, you said we were "blind," hence the response of "I can't see your post".

And cam wanted "30HR run power," and I suggested Panda was that guy. I'm guessing cam was having a heavy flow day when he morphed that into a "30HR guy" argument.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I was poking fun at those of us who said the dodgers aren't for real earlier in the season. You see, you said we were "blind," hence the response of "I can't see your post".
And cam wanted "30HR run power," and I suggested Panda was that guy. I'm guessing cam was having a heavy flow day when he morphed that into a "30HR guy" argument.

Too subtle for this crowd. Especially me.

:laugh:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is such a blind spot with that team around here, probably because it's the hated Dodgers. Hard to take them being good.

It's all pitching with them and a few hitters, just like Giants 2010. Pitching not all that great? Look at the stats for this year. Maybe you can make a case that their guys will regress, but it's no secret why they are doing so well SO FAR.

For this year, their 5 starters ERAs so far are 2.65, 2.87, 3.14 (is Lilly hurt?), 3.57, 3.59. Ours are 2.26, 2.41, 3.08, 3.24, and 6.00 (without the names of course you would have figured the 6 is Zito but it doesn't matter who it is)

So far not much difference, right? Except the team ERA is 3.14 for the Dodgers, 3.29 for us (2nd and 3rd in baseball). And then the defense....we've given up far more unearned runs.

Now to the hitting...they don't have a lineup? First of all, 3 very solid hitters out of 8 is pretty good. The role players are doing their part as well as ours are.
They are 2nd in baseball in OBP and 9th in runs scored (we're 17th and 23rd).

Every year some team does this and folks scratch their heads all year and yet that surprise team makes the playoffs. It sucks that it's LA's turn but it is what it is. Dogfight to the end, both teams make the playoffs IMO.

I agree with everything, but the bolded. I love that the Dodgers are relevant. This is good for fans, players and most of California.

Plus, you keep bringing this up like it's something that absolutely no one expected. The exact scenario of the Dodgers opening by winning 2/3 of their games may be something that no one expected, but that is often the case with "beginning of the season guesses." Any prognosticators who didn't think the Dodgers had the personnel to at least compete for the Division, and maybe get a playoff spot was kidding themselves. They are still in that position... as are the Giants and Diamondbacks.

I'm not saying the Dodgers are going to completely flame out, but they could have certain players go back to career norms, and finish with 90 wins. That certainly would've sounded high in spring training, but I wouldn't have dismissed that prediction like it was a Cazstradomous Rant. This is gonna be a really fun season.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree with everything, but the bolded. I love that the Dodgers are relevant. This is good for fans, players and most of California.

Plus, you keep bringing this up like it's something that absolutely no one expected. The exact scenario of the Dodgers opening by winning 2/3 of their games may be something that no one expected, but that is often the case with "beginning of the season guesses." Any prognosticators who didn't think the Dodgers had the personnel to at least compete for the Division, and maybe get a playoff spot was kidding themselves. They are still in that position... as are the Giants and Diamondbacks.

I'm not saying the Dodgers are going to completely flame out, but they could have certain players go back to career norms, and finish with 90 wins. That certainly would've sounded high in spring training, but I wouldn't have dismissed that prediction like it was a Cazstradamus Rant. This is gonna be a really fun season.

Nice. Need to add that to the board vocabulary.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying the Dodgers are going to completely flame out, but they could have certain players go back to career norms, and finish with 90 wins. That certainly would've sounded high in spring training, but I wouldn't have dismissed that prediction like it was a Cazstradomous Rant. This is gonna be a really fun season.

I agree completely, they aren't going to win 103 games (their current pace). But 90-92 is about all we are going to win, hence the dogfight. And yes, a very fun season. It is kind of cool to have the rivalry mean something to both teams. Each Giant-Dodger game should be playoff intensity.

And as to the bolded, I think that's a bit of hindsight. When the season started NOBODY had the Dodgers in the mix, it was us and AZ. They are a genuine surprise, like AZ last year, and arguably the Giants in 2010.