• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Ravens

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but taking it out on the rams means zilch for me... personally, I want us to tear a good team apart and stand out as real contenders...

I can take losses BUT i hate when we lose like clowns.... fucking terrible...

I'm looking at MNF as a redeem game....

I hear ya but we are not quite ready yet. If this group of coaches stays together and adds a few key players to this core group of players we will be tough for quite a few years to come. We did come out looking like clowns in some respects, you are right, such as the O line. It is amazing how much one player like Chilo Rachal can impact and drag down the whole offensive line. Our receivers are not good and the pass rush is ineffective but all in all they are doing much better than I thought they would.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game probably means bad things for the Steelers though. That game is at home and we get an 8 day week to prepare and rest while they are the ones making the cross the country trip. I think you will see us play with a chip on shoulder during that game much like the Ravens did tonight. I say our D dominates that game and we pound the ball with Gore and Hunter on that D.

Agreed!

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Almost seemed like the oline gave up. They weren't playing with any intensity. They are better than that.

None of them, with the exception of Goodwin, have played in a big game before with this much hype and it got to them. Its gotta be a terrible feeling to get dominated so completely on national TV and having your toughness put into question so I think they will play much better next week to avoid this type of embarrassment again. It was evident from the body language as the teams came on the field that the intensity was not there tonight.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them, with the exception of Goodwin, have played in a big game before with this much hype and it got to them. Its gotta be a terrible feeling to get dominated so completely on national TV and having your toughness put into question so I think they will play much better next week to avoid this type of embarrassment again. It was evident from the body language as the teams came on the field that the intensity was not there tonight.

What? The Lions game and Giants game were probably bigger games than this one.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would not put to much into this game. It was a short week of rest to play a really physically football team across 2 time zones. I mean what can you do? The early calls that took away our TD and Interception really took the wind out of our sails.

It looked bad but we have played some good pass rushing teams before and held up well.

I'm most disappointed in the play calling and lack of effort on the part of the offensive line. It's one thing to get beat but where was the effort? And why have we got away from the run? I'm ok watching Gore and Hunter carry the ball a few times in a row before Smith uses playaction to look deep. The play calling seem to take a step back tonight. I guess maybe that is a result of the short week as well. It seems they went a bit vanilla tonight and did not do a lot of the things they had been all season.

Well said and I agree.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst four plays of the game by so far it's obvious.

1. Penalty negates Alex-Ginn's 75-yard TD.
2. PI negates interception.
3. Alex's Interception.
4. Ginn's drop.

Ginn's drop is only this low because the other three bad plays put us in near lose situation either way. Alex's Int is only so low because with either of the two above plays it wouldn't have meant as much. Also, with an Edwards' defensive play would have stopped it, plus one more positive motion could have been a TD. Execution wasn't good but the play call was worse. In a game against NY I would have said that was ok because we'd get them later. Against the Ravens? Take the points. On the other hand, getting a TD would changed the direction of the game by virtue of how hard points are.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What? The Lions game and Giants game were probably bigger games than this one.

No way. Those were mediocre teams and were not even close to being in the national spotlight as this game was being a prime time game and the Harbaugh brothers and everyone starting to believe the 49ers were a lot better than they were. They got exposed tonight but they'll be back

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I could vent about this game for a bit fellas. I think its an aberration. Looking forward to the STL game and getting things right again. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving- apart from the 49er game.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Worst four plays of the game by so far it's obvious.

1. Penalty negates Alex-Ginn's 75-yard TD.
2. PI negates interception.
3. Alex's Interception.
4. Ginn's drop.

Ginn's drop is only this low because the other three bad plays put us in near lose situation either way. Alex's Int is only so low because with either of the two above plays it wouldn't have meant as much. Also, with an Edwards' defensive play would have stopped it, plus one more positive motion could have been a TD. Execution wasn't good but the play call was worse. In a game against NY I would have said that was ok because we'd get them later. Against the Ravens? Take the points. On the other hand, getting a TD would changed the direction of the game by virtue of how hard points are.

Ya, those first three were worth 13 points but the Ginn drop was meaningless, just a crappy play by a crappy player with the game already decided. It did epitomize though the embarrassing lack of production and talent of our receivers. The worst play by the receivers though was Kyle Williams' half ass one hand attempt at Smith's swing pass that could have gone a long way when the game was still up for grabs. That showed the lack of effort that the team put out tonight.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured we'd win either the Ravens or the Steelers game but not both. I hoped but assumed one would be a loss. Now, this makes the Steeler game bigger and if we had won this game, I wouldn't have predicted/counted them out v. the Steelers. If/when/if/when we beat the Steelers this game will be ok as we have learned something. I can't tell you what we learned because I'm trying to forget the game, but I trust that we did. Hoepfully we have a net gain.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya but we are not quite ready yet. If this group of coaches stays together and adds a few key players to this core group of players we will be tough for quite a few years to come. We did come out looking like clowns in some respects, you are right, such as the O line. It is amazing how much one player like Chilo Rachal can impact and drag down the whole offensive line. Our receivers are not good and the pass rush is ineffective but all in all they are doing much better than I thought they would.

Chilo did came from USC :redface:

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glad I could vent about this game for a bit fellas. I think its an aberration. Looking forward to the STL game and getting things right again. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving- apart from the 49er game.

I think being so happy to have the entire family together for the first time in a long time is the reason this game does not bother me, plus I was pretty sure it would turn out as a loss before the game anyway. The ones I hate to lose are the ones to teams that are inferior to us. The Ravens are just a better team.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Those were mediocre teams and were not even close to being in the national spotlight as this game was being a prime time game and the Harbaugh brothers and everyone starting to believe the 49ers were a lot better than they were. They got exposed tonight but they'll be back

Going to have to disgree.

The Lions were undefeated and had the game at home with unreal crowd that was in a frenzy thanks to their start. That game was on FOX and the featured 1pm game in most markets.

The Giants game was the featured 4pm and shown across most every FOX station. That game was suppose to show how far we had come and we answered the call.

This game was on the NFL Network on 3 days rest. It may have been primetime, but I bet you far fewer homes get the NFL Network than they do FOX and as a result I bet more people saw the Lions and Giants game.

Also it's a loss to the Ravens on the road on short rest. I say look at our losses and compare them to other contender teams. The Saints? they laid a huge egg to the Rams and yet they are still contenders. The Giants lost to the Redskins and Seahawks, they are still contenders. I could really go on and on. The only team better than us is the Packers if you compare quality wins to losses.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we played the ravens on 3 day rest and we played a 4 pm game on sunday....We lost by 10 points and we still are winning the west so we shouldn't go into panic mode just yet

all good points.

That game was tied going into the 4th. These are good playoff-type games that should help going into the postseason.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think the Steelers will beat the 49ers much worse than the Ravens did and will physically dominate them too. If you can't put pressure on Rothlisberger he will kill you. With all day to throw, that team will pick apart our secondary at will with those fast receivers and strong-armed QB. Rothlisberger is too big and strong and Wallace and the boys are too fast. Their defense is better than the Ravens, faster, stronger and just as well coached.

Also, the 49ers will have clinched the division by then and the Steelers will be in a dogfight with the Ravens and it will be a critical game for them. They may not blow us off the field but it will be one-sided and they will dominate the 49ers.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How da hell does Jax and Seattle beat the Ravens and we cant? wtf!

Short week and a long trip. It's that simple really. The Ravens also showed up to play this game. They really seem to play to the level of their competition. They were not interested in playing the Seahawks and Jags or even the Cards, but they got amped up for us because we are a similar team that plays physical. They wanted to prove themselves. We probably did as well but the short week killed us.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Going to have to disgree.

The Lions were undefeated and had the game at home with unreal crowd that was in a frenzy thanks to their start. That game was on FOX and the featured 1pm game in most markets.

The Giants game was the featured 4pm and shown across most every FOX station. That game was suppose to show how far we had come and we answered the call.

This game was on the NFL Network on 3 days rest. It may have been primetime, but I bet you far fewer homes get the NFL Network than they do FOX and as a result I bet more people saw the Lions and Giants game.

Also it's a loss to the Ravens on the road on short rest. I say look at our losses and compare them to other contender teams. The Saints? they laid a huge egg to the Rams and yet they are still contenders. The Giants lost to the Redskins and Seahawks, they are still contenders. I could really go on and on. The only team better than us is the Packers if you compare quality wins to losses.

True, but we've since seen the real Lions after that hot start. They are 2 and 4 since that 5 and oh start. All the rest of our points are very good but this game showed that the 49ers have a lot of work to do on both of their lines and at wide receiver. But the O line was so bad that it is difficult to assess the rest of the offensive problems, because the O line pla is key to the success of the entire offense.