• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT #33 - Red Wings at Sharks - 7:30PM

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not know that. That would make the transition a little easier.

Why did the Wild move him to defense? Does Lemaire just hate offense that much?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win tonight. That PK late in the 3rd period would have failed last season.

Sharks Win!

Category 5o

Errday Trollin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 wins in a row? WTF?!

Who would have thought trading Murray would have been the spark the team needed.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Nemo on back to back shutouts. I still don't like him but he has been solid this year. I hope he has something left in the tank when we get blown out of the water in the first round of the playoff.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns makes it 2-0.

Dmen never transition to forward well, how long can he keep this up?

Didn't we get killed by Byfuglien, another D/F converter. I think Byfuglien is back to Dmen now.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this be the begining of something???? :think:

I like what I'm seeing! :clap:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we get killed by Byfuglien, another D/F converter. I think Byfuglien is back to Dmen now.

Your right Byfuglien did kill us in Chicago. I would still say it is rare that kind of transition works out. But Jabba the Buff was able to pull it off.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game but was anyone else cringing every time Braun touched the puck in the defensive zone? I thought he was horrible yet again. Not really sure what's wrong with him... just a confidence thing?

Also, I don't like the Marleau/Couture/Wingels line at all. Break it up. Those players don't know how to play with each other at all. It looks silly out there.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Putting burns at forward was the best move this team has made in a looooooonng time...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saddest thing is that they could have been winning a lot more games if they stopped being stubborn sooner and started rolling some lines that made sense... and sat the people who have no business playing (Burish, Handzus, Murray, etc.)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good game but was anyone else cringing every time Braun touched the puck in the defensive zone? I thought he was horrible yet again. Not really sure what's wrong with him... just a confidence thing?

Also, I don't like the Marleau/Couture/Wingels line at all. Break it up. Those players don't know how to play with each other at all. It looks silly out there.

I didn't think Braun was bad at all. I don't like the Braun/Vlasic pairing. They don't seem to work well together but Braun's individual play wasn't bad.

Marleau/Couture and Marleau/Wingels have good chemistry but for what ever reason Couture and Wingels can't seem to get on the same page. I like that line though because it is strong defensively and McLellan can match it up against top lines giving the Thornton and Pavelski easier match ups and better offensive oppertunities.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't think Braun was bad at all. I don't like the Braun/Vlasic pairing. They don't seem to work well together but Braun's individual play wasn't bad.

Marleau/Couture and Marleau/Wingels have good chemistry but for what ever reason Couture and Wingels can't seem to get on the same page. I like that line though because it is strong defensively and McLellan can match it up against top lines giving the Thornton and Pavelski easier match ups and better offensive oppertunities.

Wasnt it Braun paired with Boyle that looked really good last season? I remember demers and pickles looked like a legit top 2 pairing when they played together

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havlat and Burish, amnesty buyout candidates? :decision:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Havlat and Burish, amnesty buyout candidates? :decision:

Why Havlat? He's been one of the Sharks best players when he's healthy. Not sure they can do a compliance buy out of Burish. If it works the same way as this year the player has to be making $3m or more.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought it was harder to transition from forward to defense. The main issue being skating backwards while maintaining proper gap control is not something you just pick up easily. Whereas going from defense to offense seems like playing a simpler game depending on the forechecking scheme a team uses.

I think the best thing with Burns going to forward is that his wrister becomes a huge weapon. That laser he scored on Howard was amazing. From that close shooting it right under the crossbar was a thing of beauty. Obviously, wristers just aren't as effective from near the blueline. Looking at the goals Burns scored as a dman with the Wild, they were all off wristers from jumping up in the play.

Burns has to be having fun playing forward again. I thought his main weakness as a dman was his inability to think the game quick enough when play was fast (defending an on coming rush). He doesn't have to do that anymore.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Havlat? He's been one of the Sharks best players when he's healthy. Not sure they can do a compliance buy out of Burish. If it works the same way as this year the player has to be making $3m or more.

Exactly and when will that be? Yeah, we are stuck with Burish but Havlat, I hope he is being shopped right now. Of course, we just won 3 games in a row so Dougie is probably prepared to sell off what's left of the farm for bottom six fodder. Woohoo!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly and when will that be? Yeah, we are stuck with Burish but Havlat, I hope he is being shopped right now. Of course, we just won 3 games in a row so Dougie is probably prepared to sell off what's left of the farm for bottom six fodder. Woohoo!

You don't buy out someone because of injury history. It paints a very, very bad picture of the organization to other players.

Putting burns at forward was the best move this team has made in a looooooonng time...

The coaching staff has made a few good choices reciently. Putting Burns at forward, removing Handzus and Burish from the line up, moving Pavs to 3rd line center, seperating Thornton and Marleau are all good moves. Now we can only pray they stick with those moves. The sad part is the coaching staff is just doing this now when many on this board were calling for those moves at the start of the season.

Wasnt it Braun paired with Boyle that looked really good last season? I remember demers and pickles looked like a legit top 2 pairing when they played together

Last year Braun looked his best when paired with Demers. It was two seasons ago that the Demers/Vlasic pairing was so effective.