• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT #33 - Red Wings at Sharks - 7:30PM

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I always thought it was harder to transition from forward to defense. The main issue being skating backwards while maintaining proper gap control is not something you just pick up easily. Whereas going from defense to offense seems like playing a simpler game depending on the forechecking scheme a team uses.

I think the best thing with Burns going to forward is that his wrister becomes a huge weapon. That laser he scored on Howard was amazing. From that close shooting it right under the crossbar was a thing of beauty. Obviously, wristers just aren't as effective from near the blueline. Looking at the goals Burns scored as a dman with the Wild, they were all off wristers from jumping up in the play.

Burns has to be having fun playing forward again. I thought his main weakness as a dman was his inability to think the game quick enough when play was fast (defending an on coming rush). He doesn't have to do that anymore.

When I moved from forward to defense I found it easier. Because ill I had to do is remember what I liked doing as a forward and take it away. So my zone coverages and transition D were all strong. However knowing when to step up on an opposing forward hard as hell and I'd get burned on those situations like burns lol

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is anything worse for this organization than paying him 11 millions dollars over the next two years to sit in the press box or play at 50%, he is never healthy. Obviously, I'd favor a trade over an amnesty but I'm at the point where I just want him off the team.