• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 10/17 2010 @ 2011 NLCS Game 3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any word about what time they expect play to resume?

I know, this is driving me nuts. MLB has killed the radio feed and KNBR on the interwebs are still playing Warrior best-of interviews.

:puke:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved to Pasadena for grad school in 1985, and just moved back closer to NorCal. I survived 27 years in SoCal, and enjoyed many of those years.

I do regret that my son is a Dodger/Clipper/Laker/Kings/Galaxy fan. They do say wisdom comes with age, though, so there is hope yet.

True, but team loyalty comes at a VERY young age.

Sorry, Stokesie, but I place the blame for your kids fandom squarely on your shoulders. My bro raised his 3 kids in OC and has recently lived in Denver before moving to SD this past year. His daughter is a Giants/9er fan and his boys are Raider/Giants fans. He decided he wanted to do it, and he did it (he lost out to his wife on the Niners for his daughter, but that actually makes sense).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, Stokesie, but I place the blame for your kids fandom squarely on your shoulders. My bro raised his 3 kids in OC and has recently lived in Denver before moving to SD this past year. His daughter is a Giants/9er fan and his boys are Raider/Giants fans. He decided he wanted to do it, and he did it (he lost out to his wife on the Niners for his daughter, but that actually makes sense).

My wife wants to make our son a Chicago Bears fan. She doesn't really follow any other pro sports, so she's giving me the Giants and Warriors. I'm a die hard Niners fan, but it could be worse. At least my wife's not a Cowboys fan.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, this is driving me nuts. MLB has killed the radio feed and KNBR on the interwebs are still playing Warrior best-of interviews.

:puke:

If this delays lasts long enough, I may actually be able to watch the end of this game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife wants to make our son a Chicago Bears fan. She doesn't really follow any other pro sports, so she's giving me the Giants and Warriors. I'm a die hard Niners fan, but it could be worse. At least my wife's not a Cowboys fan.

Is she a real fan, or is she just one of those people who claim a team just to claim a team.

My bro's thought, and I agree 100%, is that a father's bonding with his son through sports is HUGE. For ANYONE (mother, uncle, friend, etc) to step in on that is quite rude. I HATE the tRaiders, but I respect my bro's stance on this, so I try not to be vocal about my hatred for the team around his kids. His daughter acted like a tRaider fan until her 18th b-day when she came out of the closet as a Niner fan.

God I love her :)

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the best I could. Peer influence proved too strong for the lad. He is a huge sports fan, and it is great to go to games with him from time to time. We had good memories as he was growing up, going to Fenway, Camden Yards, Wrigley, Petco, Kingdome, ATT, Candlestick, Dodger Stadium, Target Field, and almost every minor league Cal League stadium, in addition to Clippers, Woe-rriors, Lakers, Kings, and the Long Beach Ice Dogs. The lad never took to hockey, though, and he doubted I ever played because my front teeth are still real. He never knew of a pro football team in LA, so he has no real loyalties there. Tried to help him love the 49ers, but Nolan and Singletary got in the way. We go to Spring Training every year, which is a cool father/son thing. If his choice of sports teams is his only downfall, I consider my parenting a success, no matter what others may think. :p

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is she a real fan, or is she just one of those people who claim a team just to claim a team.

My bro's thought, and I agree 100%, is that a father's bonding with his son through sports is HUGE. For ANYONE (mother, uncle, friend, etc) to step in on that is quite rude. I HATE the tRaiders, but I respect my bro's stance on this, so I try not to be vocal about my hatred for the team around his kids. His daughter acted like a tRaider fan until her 18th b-day when she came out of the closet as a Niner fan.

God I love her :)

Sweet deal!

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is supposed to start at 7: 05 west coast time

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game on. LOOGY gets Jay. 3-1 bad guys. 6 outs left.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 outs...pathetic inning. We need a baserunner to get MVP up. We need a baserunner anyway, so it's really up to Oxy/Scoots/Panda....

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time Huff did anything in a meaningful AB , 2010 ??

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon boys go out kicking, scratching, clawing and fighting!!! Fuck Motte!!!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this Mijares dude. Who advocated for a trade with KC to get him????