• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GameDay thread- Broncos @ Bengals

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts and observations:

Sambraillo really isn't game ready, but got some good work in today.

Shane Ray - is the real thing and unblockable.

Jano is a gem.

Kubiak's comment about Siemian at the end of training camp was that he just quietly gets better at every opportunity - holds through game 3 - as Siemian added the deep pass to something the defense has to worry about today.

Glad to see Okung make it back into the game after a low back injury.

Good to see the WRs - play up to their payroll - nice games by both DT and Manny Sanders

Latimer is a football player - even if he isn't a 2nd round level talent on the field.

Darrien Stewart is one heck of a player.

The Oline played fairly well in pass protection -even though they were mixed and matched in different combinations.

Booker looked better than CJ today.

Heuerman did make a nice play downfield with his catch. I hope he pays dividends.

I want Dixon to run out of punt formation.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering cincygrad, do you as a true fan, ever predict your team will lose or bet against them vs any team during season ? Or do you always wave your fandom colors regardless? I'm doing a thesis on the subject and am reaching out to fans of all teams on the " what is a true fan ? ". Appreciate your response

I picked us to beat the Jets by a field goal (correct) and lose to the Steelers (also correct). I picked us today, but I was pretty ambivalent about it. I'd say, in general, I'm pretty honest about my expectations. Today was a tough call as I thought your qb would struggle.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked us to beat the Jets by a field goal (correct) and lose to the Steelers (also correct). I picked us today, but I was pretty ambivalent about it. I'd say, in general, I'm pretty honest about my expectations. Today was a tough call as I thought your qb would struggle.
Thanks cg. I'm was getting a little more confused every time I pose this question to different fan bases across the country until I started looking at the age groups. Not sure how old you are but one thing that has really reared its head is those born before the 80's would rather give up the house than bet against their team and those who have become fans 80's and after, are more apt to be concerned with getting a pat on back or win a bet than regarding their team winning regardless. I'm still early in my research so there is more inquiries to be made. I think so far anyway, that ego and money is pulling away from the die-hard dinosaurs of pre 80's. Thanks for your input Sir.:)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks cg. I'm was getting a little more confused every time I pose this question to different fan bases across the country until I started looking at the age groups. Not sure how old you are but one thing that has really reared its head is those born before the 80's would rather give up the house than bet against their team and those who have become fans 80's and after, are more apt to be concerned with getting a pat on back or win a bet than regarding their team winning regardless. I'm still early in my research so there is more inquiries to be made. I think so far anyway, that ego and money is pulling away from the die-hard dinosaurs of pre 80's. Thanks for your input Sir.:)

It is not about getting a pat on the back. It is being willing to look at your team as objectively as possible. I hope I am wrong and couldn't be happier that I was wrong that we wouldn't have a QB throw for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns this week. I am happy for Siemian. Every week I can promise you I cheer just as hard if not harder for a Bronco win than you. It is an emotional roller coaster when watching these games. And it is an entire family affair every single week. My wife and 1 year old both wear their Bronco gear proudly and the dogs have their Bronco collars on for game day. Doesn't mean that I can't sit here and say that I see some weaknesses in this team. I can do that for every team in the league. Can you honestly say our OL was incredible last year? Can you say our QB play was great last year? No both were terrible but the team found a way to overcome their weaknesses. That is the great thing about the NFL is that the Salary Cap tries to put things on equal footing for all teams and teams have to decide how best to spend their money. That means some positions will not get the attention that others will.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Ray made the plays of the day on defense with his 2 sacks to take cincy out of Fg range
After DT fumble. 1st and 10'on the Denver 37 turned to not 4th and 20 from cincy 45

Also schofield playing LT after playing RT and RG the weeks before

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game. Maybe one of our most impressive regular season wins in a while. Being on the road against a playoff caliber team in a place that they hadn't lost in 5 years during the month of September. Lots of things going against us with some key injuries last week and then key injuries during the game but the entire team stayed calm even when down and struggling at times.

Game balls for me
Trevor Siemian. The game didn't start out like he would have hoped or the team would have hoped. At times it was looking like what we had done the first 2 weeks of move the ball decently between the 20's but struggle to finish drives. Yet he kept fighting through it all and found a way to make some big time throws. Very impressed with this kid.

Michael Schofield. Who would have thought we would be talking about this kid in such a positive light this year? I think most thought he would be gone after the way he played last year. All he has done though is turn into a very good RG for the team and become one of the most versatile OL players in the entire league. I think I saw him play 3 different positions in the game yesterday and he held up well at all 3. And that is a tougher task than people want to admit. This kid just shows you cannot judge a player so quickly in their career as they can quickly turn things around.

Emmanuel Sanders. Backed up his words well. Honestly I was one that was not excited by the things the WR's said publicly. I can understand voicing that frustration behind closed doors but these guys went out and backed it up and had a statement game that they are still the top WR duo in the league.

Shane Ray. First actual NFL start and the kid goes and gets 3 sacks. We all know that the OLB/DE opposite of Von Miller is going to get one-on-one opportunities and we need them to take advantage of that. Shane Ray just showed he has arrived as a legit pass rusher in this league. Very proud of this kid and what he brings to the table.

Gary Kubiak. I criticized him last week for being too conservative. I thought last week was one of his worst coached games as our OC/HC. This week maybe one of his best. The offense was attacking and did a great job calling those deep plays when they saw one-on-one coverage on the outside. Might force teams to have to rethink the idea of blitzing our young QB. And I would also add that with the run game struggling he didn't just become stubborn and say we are going to keep running into this brick wall until we break through. He changed things up at half time and really took advantage of a defense that was begging Siemian to beat them.

The one complaint I do have from this game has shown up this year is we have got to start the game better. I think both the Bengals and Panthers scored touchdowns on the opening drive and the Colts were able to get a field goal. Every game we have been put into a hole and have had to fight our way out. So far so good but I would rather see us have a clean game where we are winning from the start to finish.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but the game appears to the rest of the football world to be fixed. Three consecutive penalties on third down and Denver didn't make a first down. After the FG, Adam Jones knee was down before he lost the ball and they would not reverse the fumble call. Bullshit officiating and every call has gone for the Broncos.

This is the 2nd week in a row you have come saying things like this. Come on BigKen. I love having fans of other teams come to our board but let's actually talk football not some conspiracy where the league wants the Broncos to win.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was two penalties not three. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff CD - thanks for the observations.

It cracks me up, but it is paying off for the Broncos - that they let so many young guys get snaps. Kubiak treats the regular season like the post-preseason in getting ready for the playoffs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff CD - thanks for the observations.

It cracks me up, but it is paying off for the Broncos - that they let so many young guys get snaps. Kubiak treats the regular season like the post-preseason in getting ready for the playoffs.

That is the great thing! He is not afraid to play young guys at big moments of games and we see that in the playoffs that when we need a big play even the young guys seem to find a way to rise to the moment. For the Broncos yesterday with Stephenson out and Okung going down during the game the OL could have completely fallen apart like we saw last year. Instead the young guys stepped up for the most part and played a pretty good game. Will Parks another 7th round guy made a big play to close out the game and was smart enough to know just go down instead of risking a fumble there. Shane Ray stepped in for Ware and maybe played better than Ware did at any point this season.

Honestly just down right impressed with how well this team is coached and just how well the players respond to that coaching. They are mentally tough every single game and just don't let things get to them. There really has been a standard established here in Denver and the young guys come in and see it and want to live up to it. Only other team that I see this type of culture established is that of New England.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen said:
I hate to say it but the game appears to the rest of the football world to be fixed. Three consecutive penalties on third down and Denver didn't make a first down. After the FG, Adam Jones knee was down before he lost the ball and they would not reverse the fumble call. Bullshit officiating and every call has gone for the Broncos.

Is that why our owner got looked over for the HOF ? Drink a little less when posting . Our player same thing over looked for HOF .

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latimer is a football player - even if he isn't a 2nd round level talent on the field..
Shane Ray stepped in for Ware and maybe played better than Ware did at any point this season. [/QUOTE]

Shane had a great game yesterday, take nothing away from him, but from what I have read he highly benefited from Von forcing Dalton to step into the pocket.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Ray stepped in for Ware and maybe played better than Ware did at any point this season.

Shane had a great game yesterday, take nothing away from him, but from what I have read he highly benefited from Von forcing Dalton to step into the pocket.[/QUOTE]

He benefited yes from Von on the other side but that can be said of Ware as well. And I do know that Von and whoever is in talks a lot about one of them going high and the other working to go inside. So could be a combination of Von saying "hey I will rush to the outside and if he stays back there I got him but you rush inside and if he steps up you will be right there." Which then of course helps later where we see Dalton not step up in the pocket after being sacked their already a few times and Von then getting his sack going around the outside.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not about getting a pat on the back. It is being willing to look at your team as objectively as possible. I hope I am wrong and couldn't be happier that I was wrong that we wouldn't have a QB throw for 300 yards and 4 touchdowns this week. I am happy for Siemian. Every week I can promise you I cheer just as hard if not harder for a Bronco win than you. It is an emotional roller coaster when watching these games. And it is an entire family affair every single week. My wife and 1 year old both wear their Bronco gear proudly and the dogs have their Bronco collars on for game day. Doesn't mean that I can't sit here and say that I see some weaknesses in this team. I can do that for every team in the league. Can you honestly say our OL was incredible last year? Can you say our QB play was great last year? No both were terrible but the team found a way to overcome their weaknesses. That is the great thing about the NFL is that the Salary Cap tries to put things on equal footing for all teams and teams have to decide how best to spend their money. That means some positions will not get the attention that others will.
Gosh, that was inspirational. Why do some think that post was directed at them? Seems ego is alive and well. :)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd week in a row you have come saying things like this. Come on BigKen. I love having fans of other teams come to our board but let's actually talk football not some conspiracy where the league wants the Broncos to win.

Okay........I promise to stay out of your board.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian didn't look real good in the first half. 2nd half he looked great. He has a nack for throwing INT's near the LOS. He needs to cut down on that. Had two dropped this week. First half he looked uncomfortable. 2nd half he settled down and looked really good. He is getting there.

Big Ken- I saw no penalties at the game that would have made me think there was some conspiracy and even the Bengal fans were pretty upset at their own team for quite a few penalties. Not the refs fault when you are gonna play sloppy. They have to call it like it was. I thought the officiating was very good.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny...... I had similar thoughts about the NE-HOU game. I mean, what are the odds of a third string QB w/out a start going into enemy territory and gets the win 27-0? I mean, NE had to have gotten some "extra" help with that, right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay........I promise to stay out of your board.

I never said that. I said I would appreciate if you came here to talk football not accuse the league of trying to help the Broncos win these games. We love having fans of other teams come here but if you are only here to troll then not really what we are about on this board.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gosh, that was inspirational. Why do some think that post was directed at them? Seems ego is alive and well. :)

I guess I am not big on the whole passive aggressive way of expressing yourself. You and I have also had these talks before where you got after me and others calling us not great fans because we pointed out some shortcomings in our team or thought they might lose a few games this year. So figured since you have gotten after me before for this that you were speaking towards me and a few others.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am not big on the whole passive aggressive way of expressing yourself. You and I have also had these talks before where you got after me and others calling us not great fans because we pointed out some shortcomings in our team or thought they might lose a few games this year. So figured since you have gotten after me before for this that you were speaking towards me and a few others.
He's just trying to stir the drama pot.......... Again :L