• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread for Heat games January 8th - January 16th

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, What are the Heats plans for 2016? Durant wont even consider Miami, there is no way he wants to follow in Lebrons footsteps and have to go to Miami to win a ring. Howard wont be leaving Houston. So what is Riley holding back for? What other options are there? He should be making moves right now so that he can use Bosh and Wade while they still have something in the tank. By 2016, Wade will be on his last leg.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s been on his last leg or ovary for a while now

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shabazz Napier has been recalled by the Heat. He will meet the team in Portland in advance of Thursday’s game against the Trail Blazers.

per Ira Winderman.

He didnt exactly put up big numbers while down in the D-League this last stint - dont expect him to be part of the rotation right away - going to need to earn his way like everyone else

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shabazz Napier has been recalled by the Heat. He will meet the team in Portland in advance of Thursday’s game against the Trail Blazers.

per Ira Winderman.

He didnt exactly put up big numbers while down in the D-League this last stint - dont expect him to be part of the rotation right away - going to need to earn his way like everyone else
It seems Riley had a little talk with Spolestra...LOL. They saw what we all saw. Why not give the kid a chance? It really could not be much worse and he is known for playing defense..

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, What are the Heats plans for 2016? Durant wont even consider Miami, there is no way he wants to follow in Lebrons footsteps and have to go to Miami to win a ring. Howard wont be leaving Houston. So what is Riley holding back for? What other options are there? He should be making moves right now so that he can use Bosh and Wade while they still have something in the tank. By 2016, Wade will be on his last leg.

I agree with ya about Wade. But I am not sure there is anything out there for Miami to go get. Wade will turn 33 this month. By 2016 -2017 season he will be 35. I love the guy. He has quietly become a master of the mid range game and an extremely efficient shooting guard. The old raw Flash is gone forever, but this DWade is still capable of winning. By 2016-17 the window to get this guy title #4 will be very small.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Riley had a little talk with Spolestra...LOL. They saw what we all saw. Why not give the kid a chance? It really could not be much worse and he is known for playing defense..

Actually, as usual, you are wrong again. As Ira reported recently , as did a couple of other reporters - And as Spo himself said during a pre-game press conference a few games ago - He has not met with Riles in quite a few weeks.

There is nothing to see as everything is and looks perfectly fine the way it is.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawkins waived

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat have now officially waived Andre Dawkins. Will save $289K of his $507K salary. More importantly (I imagine), will free up roster spot.

Heat has its $2.65M disabled player exception as well as 10-day, rest-of-season and two-year minimum salary contracts to offer.

Per @Albertrandom1 - Heat fan and Cap czar

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job by the front office.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job indeed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any team needs Brown or Dawkins for meaningful minutes this season , they are a team in the D league.

The fact that these 2 were supposed to be Wade's backup is comical.

We're better off playing Ennis there instead of trying to force him minutes at SF when Granger is clearly outplaying him

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Miami Heat consider Samuel Dalembert? - Sun Sentinel
Samuel Dalembert, are the Heat are looking at him? -- Milagros.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: I doubt it, and they've certainly had numerous opportunities before to go in that direction. They already have their Dalembert in Hassan Whiteside. The only way it would make sense would be if they were going to move Chris Andersen for an asset or a draft pick. Then again, teams that might have been considering Birdman now can essentially get Dalembert for nothing. Dalembert has spent most of his career as a tease. Then again, he still might be better than anything the Cavaliers can offer in the middle.

Q: I know Andre Dawkins wasn't in the mix, but does the release of Dawkins make James Ennis the Heat's backup shooting guard? (And don't talk to me about Mario Chalmers; you can't be the starting point guard and the backup shooting guard.). -- Thad.

A: Well, the Heat also can play Danny Granger in the wing rotation, and that's really what you're talking about when you consider how the Heat utilize their small forwards and shooting guards. Then again, Granger also has been receiving minutes recently at power forward. The reality is the Heat have been using a lot of smoke and mirrors to this point at shooting guard behind Dwyane Wade, including the season-opening gambit with Shannon Brown. There has to be a better way than to be counting on Chalmers to handle two such roles.

Q: This is not a time for Heat to panic, but to be realistic about their cards and not try to bluff their way through the season with a weak hand, because their bluff might be called at any time. -- Jimmy, Miami.

A: Well, they still have the $2.65 million disabled-player exception they received for Josh McRoberts' knee injury. But several teams have exceptions that trump that total. The reality is that for as bad as the Eastern Conference has been, if Jason Kidd can keep the Bucks afloat and in the top six in the East, then the Heat could be battling Brooklyn and Indiana for one of the final two playoff spots. And if you haven't looked, the Pacers are right there, getting healthier and finding a way to work past the loss of Paul George. Oh, and the Pacers already are 2-0 against the Heat.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of 5 pm today, all non-guranteed contracts become guaranteed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to wake up fast.

With the way Detroit, Charlotte, & Indy are playing lately the playoffs are really in doubt.

We got in 2 days of practice in Miami before flying out so hopefully we see some improvements

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We need to wake up fast.

With the way Detroit, Charlotte, & Indy are playing lately the playoffs are really in doubt.

We got in 2 days of practice in Miami before flying out so hopefully we see some improvements
I hate that I saw this coming....Detroit, Indiana, Charlotte and even Boston is who we may be battling for the 7th and 8th seed as I think the Nets fade. Those teams will get better as the year goes on. Hope we don't end up with a top 10 protected pick.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Miami Heat have to revisit lack of depth at shooting guard? - Sun Sentinel
I agree with that the Heat do not have a reliable backup for Dwyane Wade. I would trade Mario Chalmers and Justin Hamilton, if that's even an option. We can use Haslem off the bench to back up Hassan Whiteside and Birdman. I have more confidence in Norris Cole and Shabazz Napier at the point than Mario, and I feel Cole has played better when he's not sharing the floor with Chalmers. I'm sure Pat Riley, does not need my advice, just my two cents. -- Chet.

lRelated Submit your question!
MIAMI HEAT BLOG
Submit your question!
SEE ALL RELATED

cComments
Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
ADD A COMMENT

A: I agree a true backup shooting guard is essential, especially with Dwyane Wade likely to miss more time. For all of the Heat's offseason planning and remodeling, it remains somewhat baffling that the options at shooting guard have been limited to since-departed Shannon Brown and Andre Dawkins, rookie James Ennis, an out-of-position Chalmers and Danny Granger, who lacks the quickness and foot speed to play in the backcourt. Considering the Heat are starting Chalmers at point guard alongside Wade, instead of opening with Cole at the point, I'm not sure they agree with your analysis of Cole over Chalmers. And Justin Hamilton would be nothing more than trade filler (say if you're attempting to deal Cole for Iman Shumpert).When it comes to trade chips, I think Chris Andersen might be the best piece the Heat could put in play.

Q: Now that the Heat have waived Andre Dawkins, and given the opportunities that the Heat organization gives to players that pay their dues in the D-League, could we see Tyler Johnson get a 10-day contract? Johnson has been playing great basketball in the D-League. He is an attack guard that brings athleticism to the table, plays solid defense, and could benefit from playing alongside Dwyane Wade. Do you think the Heat will bring him up? -- Gustavo, Puerto Rico.

A: I was surprised at the end of camp that Dawkins got the final roster spot ahead of Johnson. Granted, Dawkins does one thing very well, but it seemed like his other limitations got in the way of his ability to display his 3-point prowess. Johnson is intriguing and could yet be one that got away. With an open roster spot, at least a 10-day could make sense, especially with a pair of back-to-back sets looming in coming weeks.

Q: Does it make sense to make a move at the trading deadline or just play out the year as is? -- J.C.

A: Considering how it looks like the Heat will be battling Brooklyn and Indiana for one of the final two playoff spots in the East, I think any upgrade would help, as long as it does not compromise the planning for the 2016 offseason.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we need to revisit our depth at SG - our starting SG can be a diva far too much and look old and washed up far too often. We have roster spots open and flexibility to improve our team