• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME THREAD: 3-11-15, Pistons @ Warriors, 7:30 pst

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see. Of course Detroit has the 2 big guys in Monroe and Drummond. Maybe D. Lee will get a little bit of playing time, though if I were a betting man, I think Lee is gone after this season. While, in my opinion, he's played well, he's slowly getting less and less PT. Am I missing something?

Bobby Jackson (from OKC, right) is playing well for the Pistons, who just lost at home to the Hornets.

So, of course I have to pick the Dubs big.....111-92.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see. Of course Detroit has the 2 big guys in Monroe and Drummond. Maybe D. Lee will get a little bit of playing time, though if I were a betting man, I think Lee is gone after this season. While, in my opinion, he's played well, he's slowly getting less and less PT. Am I missing something?

Bobby Jackson (from OKC, right) is playing well for the Pistons, who just lost at home to the Hornets.

So, of course I have to pick the Dubs big.....111-92.

Reggie Jackson, but close enough I suppose. Bobby Jackson used to play for the Kings back in their glory years of the 00's.

Lee is probably gone after this season, mostly due to financial reasons. He'll be hard to move, but if they were able to move Biedrins and Jefferson, Myers can pretty much do anything.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're thinking of the famous baseball player "Reggie Jackson". No, just kidding. My bad.

Is Lee's contract not up this year? I was thinking it was the way people were talking about him possibly not being a Warrior next year. So, whoever takes him will have to take on his fairly big salary, huh? He'll likely go to a bad team with a fair amount of younger players in hopes he'll help to bring some stability to them. No one who is competing for the playoffs is going to waste that much money on him, in my opinion. But, I don't know much about that side of it. I kinda just fake my way through it, like I did with Bobby Jackson.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're thinking of the famous baseball player "Reggie Jackson". No, just kidding. My bad.

Is Lee's contract not up this year? I was thinking it was the way people were talking about him possibly not being a Warrior next year. So, whoever takes him will have to take on his fairly big salary, huh? He'll likely go to a bad team with a fair amount of younger players in hopes he'll help to bring some stability to them. No one who is competing for the playoffs is going to waste that much money on him, in my opinion. But, I don't know much about that side of it. I kinda just fake my way through it, like I did with Bobby Jackson.

Lee has one more year on his deal, past this year at approx 15.5M. The good thing is that his deal is expiring. The bad news is trying to find a team to take him, without taking a bunch of future salary back.

The reason people pretty much considered Lee gone was because of the Warriors having to pay Draymond in the off season. The Warriors are close to the cap and if they pay Draymond a fair market contract, it's gonna put the Warriors into the Luxury tax.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Warrior fans and players alike will all be sad to see Lee go....not because of what a great player that he is. He's a good player. Rather, he was a big part of the team finally turning it around and being a winner, even a team who made the playoffs twice. Plus, there's really nothing not to like about him as a person.