• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the crazy ass shit in this show and people decide to draw a line at Arya getting past the white walkers undetected.

Oh hell no...that could never happen. :pound::pound::pound:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't people complaining about the plot or some artistic decision. This was an issue where a significant portion of viewers couldn't see what was going on.

Blaming it on people who suddenly don't know how to watch a TV is very lame..

I certainly will watch the episode again in the dark and see.

I watched it in the dark, not that much of a help. Didn't stop me from enjoying the episode though.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who disagrees with me is a fanboy or a rube. Or stupidz, or something.

False. Anyone claiming there isn't an issue with the darkness -- as you are -- when there clearly is, is a fanboy or a rube.

You can tell me you like the way NK died and I'll disagree with you, but I know it's a subjective thing. The darkness isn't subjective. It's real.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the crazy ass shit in this show and people decide to draw a line at Arya getting past the white walkers undetected.

Oh hell no...that could never happen. :pound::pound::pound:
Doing THE pivotal thing OFF SCREEN is objectively bad art in this medium.

The above leading to what we got, Arya Diesel flying out of nowhere in slow mo to kill the baddie, is bad art.

Plain. Simple.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. Anyone claiming there isn't an issue with the darkness -- as you are -- when there clearly is, is a fanboy or a rube.

You can tell me you like the way NK died and I'll disagree with you, but I know it's a subjective thing. The darkness isn't subjective. It's real.

I didn't say it wasn't an issue, I said I could see it just fine. And then mentioned some fixes. Oh noes!!

It Was Impossible to See Anything on 'Game of Thrones' & People Had Jokes About It

Some of these made me laugh, particularly the ones by people who actually TRIED to adjust their TV or turned off their lights and still couldn't see.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you tie the string around the Boba Fett action figure's foot so you could pull it out of your ass this time like I suggested?

Yeah but the string broke so you just made things worse. Thanks Mr Helper. Those co pays to the proctologist and piling up.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would have made that suspenseful, 'didn't see that coming.' moment better? Seeing it coming!

This post brought to you by the world-wide fund for internal post logic.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what would have made that suspenseful, 'didn't see that coming.' moment better? Seeing it coming!

This post brought to you by the world-wide fund for internal post logic.
Actually, you need to read my FIX for this scene. I’m not advocating for seeing something coming. I’m saying that if the PIVOTAL THNG happens because of some ‘skill’ that can not be shown by definition, that’s a really really bad artistic choice. Especially when it leads to Arya Diesel flying in slow mo.

But EVEN IF they did show a sequence of her sneaking past white walkers all badass style, and then still getting ‘caught’ by the NK, that would be better.

Yes, even seeing it coming would have been better than what we got... which was Arya-ex-machina.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine harvesting a face is not speedy.

I thought it was pretty clear from Arya's training that taking a face was more like a ritual and took proper time to clean/wash/remove the face.

We don't know how long from Arya dispatching the waif that she took her face and hung it up. There was fresh blood on the ground and blood dripping from the mask, so maybe it is possible to just shuck the face off, but there has to be something else involved with getting the face to look normal. Of course, the writers could just gloss over this.

See I never got the impression in the book or even early on in the show that this was a situation where you actually needed to rip someone's face off in order to use it. I thought it was just some sort of magic. And considering how magically fast Arya got good at fighting with every single weapon imaginable after only training with a stick I don't see how her using Theon's face would be a problem.

Of course, the show makes it LOOK like there are actual masks but even within the show's continuity that doesn't make sense. Remember when Jagen drinks that poison and then there's another Jagen right behind him? And then Arya rips off the one Jagen's mask and he's wearing like 10 masks underneath the Jagen mask? He's even wearing a Jagen mask under a Jagen mask.

So if these are real faces you have to cut off people that means that there were identical triplets that looked like Jagen running around at one point. It also means that the faceless men walk around wearing 10 masks at a time. Seems really stupid. I'm pretty sure it's just magic.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which was Arya-ex-machina.

No, it really wasn't. Because they'd been setting it up with little clues and scenes for multiple seasons of the show. Maybe you need to watch the Bravos Faceless men episodes over again?

Was Arya killing the NK a surprise? Sure, because everyone thought that Dany or Jon was going to do it. Because they were the more OBVIOUS choices. Because like in any good murder mystery, they'd given OTHER potential clues that point to other people being the murderer.

But they HAD dropped clues that Arya was going to be the one to do it, including Missendai's line about the gender pronoun being wrong in 'prince who was promised.'

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes, no making Valyrian steel from scratch.

Surprisingly I'm no expert blacksmithing but I that's basically all I'm getting at. I would assume the original forging process involved creating the steel, melting it with dragon fire, infusing it with whatever prevents it from dulling and whatever gives it the odd markings, and then shaping it.

This other guy just melted it down and re-shaped it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first season Syrio taught her to move as "quiet as a shadow". She snuck up on Jon in broad daylight on a snow covered ground … the same place where she snuck up on NK.
She "snuck up" on him by sprinting past an army of his wights and homies and then screaming really load before she jumped at him?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it really wasn't. Because they'd been setting it up with little clues and scenes for multiple seasons of the show. Maybe you need to watch the Bravos Faceless men episodes over again?

Was Arya killing the NK a surprise? Sure, because everyone thought that Dany or Jon was going to do it. Because they were the more OBVIOUS choices. Because like in any good murder mystery, they'd given OTHER potential clues that point to other people being the murderer.

But they HAD dropped clues that Arya was going to be the one to do it, including Missendai's line about the gender pronoun being wrong in 'prince who was promised.'
My point has nothing to do with what you’re bringing up here.
Yes she’s a sneaky assassin. Yes, she may have been able to sneak past white walkers. But they don’t SHOW this or even hint at it on screen (but for the white walker’s hair whisp point 5 seconds before she pounces).
They show the actress coming in on a crane in the last second to save the situation, that is LITERALLY the original Deus ex machina

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one in the show trained like Arya did to be the swift blade of death. She's the ultimate Min-Max stealth assassin.

She spent all 7 seasons becoming what she was this past weekend, and she was already skilled from episode 1. Her entire series journey was about becoming a badass.

I'd like to see a flashback of what she did, but she wasn't ex-Machina or Mary Sue at all.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the show trained like Arya did to be the swift blade of death. She's the ultimate Min-Max stealth assassin.

She spent all 7 seasons becoming what she was this past weekend, and she was already skilled from episode 1. Her entire series journey was about becoming a badass.

I'd like to see a flashback of what she did, but she wasn't ex-Machina or Mary Sue at all.
I didn’t say she was a Mary Sue, ...but a force coming in on a crane in the last second to resolve the seemingly unwinnable situation is LITERALLY THE DEFINITION of Deus ex machina. And I do mean LITERALLY

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing THE pivotal thing OFF SCREEN is objectively bad art in this medium.

The above leading to what we got, Arya Diesel flying out of nowhere in slow mo to kill the baddie, is bad art.

Plain. Simple.

I appreciate your opinion.