• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something crazy like recommending people watch it in the dark before the episode would have been helpful.

Seems like a lot of excuse making could have been avoided.

Really PF?

My image skills are horrible apparently...

That's supposed to be a 'do not eat' message on a silica gel-pack
ZMc6H3cMzJsdSiNd8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first season Syrio taught her to move as "quiet as a shadow". She snuck up on Jon in broad daylight on a snow covered ground … the same place where she snuck up on NK.

One of my favorite moments of episode 3 was the callback to "what do we say to the god of death."
Speaking of callback from previous episodes, another favorite moment for me was Arya telling Sansa to "stick them with the pointy end."

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Hawk Down. Everyone has same outfit. Everyone is shaved. Everyone holding same equipment. Everyone with same haircut. Long battle sequence at night. Shot with correct lighting so that one could tell every little thing that was going on. No loss of authenticity or tension.
Don’t give GOT a pass with these lame excuses y’all are preferring. It was shot too dark. Most scenes were backlit. It was just plain done badly.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something crazy like recommending people watch it in the dark before the episode would have been helpful.

Seems like a lot of excuse making could have been avoided.

Great point.

A simple pre-show announcement that the episode was intended to be watched under conditions that probably 90% of viewers' televisions aren't in would have been helpful.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes please. Can you explain to me why you're so emotionally invested in defending a shitty stylistic choice the producer made?

Heh. Holy hell Batman...

I'm emotionally invested?

Too fucking funny

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot with correct lighting.

Heh.

Okay, you guys continue venting.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Holy hell Batman...

I'm emotionally invested?

Too fucking funny

Yes. You are. Absolutely.

There are millions of people talking about how the episode was too dark, and you're flailing around here like a rube, all about, "everyone but me has the wrong TV," and "you need to tune the TV to the show." It's nonsense.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. You are. Absolutely.

There are millions of people talking about how the episode was too dark, and you're flailing around here like a rube, all about, "everyone but me has the wrong TV," and "you need to tune the TV to the show." It's nonsense.

There are also millions of people who aren't bitching and moaning about it like someone pissed in their cornflakes, and who call it things like 'the best TV episode ever.'

Like a rube. Heh.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about flying outta nowhere past all the baddies in slow mo. I have no problem with THE MOVE
Arya snuck up on Jon Snow in broad daylight in practically the same spot earlier this season.

She knows how to move around the Godswood.

Edit: Fuck, ninja'd.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Hawk Down. Everyone has same outfit. Everyone is shaved. Everyone holding same equipment. Everyone with same haircut. Long battle sequence at night. Shot with correct lighting so that one could tell every little thing that was going on. No loss of authenticity or tension.
Don’t give GOT a pass with these lame excuses y’all are preferring. It was shot too dark. Most scenes were backlit. It was just plain done badly.

I'm not going to pretend to know the specific reasons why or how the final product was too dark, but it was. Only fanboy "GoT can do no wrong" types would suggest there isn't an issue despite all of this...

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arya snuck up on Jon Snow in broad daylight in practically the same spot earlier this season.

She knows how to move around the Godswood.

Edit: Fuck, ninja'd.
Again. Not ON SCREEN. It’s THE pivotal moment, and it’s not ON SCREEN. It’s the equivalent of the pivotal moment in some dumb tv show being a guy ‘rerouting the encryptions’ somewhere off screen on some computer to keep the power plant from blowing up.

Show important pivotal things ON SCREEN. not just Arya Diesel flying in slow mo out of nowhere ftw

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are also millions of people who aren't bitching and moaning about it like someone pissed in their cornflakes, and who call it things like 'the best TV episode ever.'

Haha.

No.

If you think there are even half as many people calling 8.3 the best television episode ever as there are people calling it too dark, we can stop this debate now and I'll just wish you luck in the Special Olympics this summer.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know what? In battle, there are dragons screeching, fires crackling, people screaming, equipment crackling, wind howling... it would have been awesome if we couldn’t hear any of the dialogue on top of not being able to see anything.
tOtAlLy AuThEnTiC

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like a rube. Heh.

This wasn't people complaining about the plot or some artistic decision. This was an issue where a significant portion of viewers couldn't see what was going on.

Blaming it on people who suddenly don't know how to watch a TV is very lame..

I certainly will watch the episode again in the dark and see.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only fanboy "GoT can do no wrong" types would suggest there isn't an issue despite all of this...

Anyone who disagrees with me is a fanboy or a rube. Or stupidz, or something.

Who's emotionally invested?

I managed to view the episode just fine. So did plenty of other people.

If your TV doesn't do low light well, there's some options you have. <shrug>