• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s dead, like, right there.

Heh. Just wait a minute NK (furiously sawing), I'll be right with you.... <horrible tearing noise> Just gotta' put my face...

<splat>

on...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re not going to pretend this comes down to “it takes three hours for the dilithium crystals to recharge, captain.”
It’s magic. This isn’t a hinderance to making the scene I wrote-out, the one that actually puts on screen the skills she has acquired ...as opposed to the Vin Diesel ending the writers gave us.

They DID set it up.

She used the move on Brienne when they sparred.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books, yes.

In the show, no.

Also worth noting, I remember reading somewhere that Melisandre doesn't give this quote to Arya in the books.

Initially she did, Emilia Clark wore purple contacts, but apparently
had to ditch them as they caused her a lot of discomfort etc.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re not going to pretend this comes down to “it takes three hours for the dilithium crystals to recharge, captain.”
It’s magic. This isn’t a hinderance to making the scene I wrote-out, the one that actually puts on screen the skills she has acquired ...as opposed to the Vin Diesel ending the writers gave us.

If they take time to work out the logistics in feeding an army and dragons, they probably would have covered that.

I'm ok with your idea, but if she had the face of a WW that got into the crypts, it would have been better.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look there's always going to be holes in everything. You can nit-pick EVERYTHING. The first time Dany rode the dragon - part of my brain is going, 'She'd get knocked off as soon as that dragon hits about 35 mph, or banks even a little bit.'

But you just have to suspend your disbelief at some point.

On last night's LATE NIGHT, Seth Myers (big fan of the show) pointed out, why'd the zombies suddenly slow down and get all sneaky in the library? Library rules?

Funny line, but you just have to roll with it. You can nit-pick everything.

Do the characters act with some internal logic, do they follow the rules the universe has set up? If they do, just go with it.

(and full disclosure, in my teens/early 20's I was TOTALLY that nit-pick guy)

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Arya (and even she might have satisfied her bloodlust by now), does anyone in the north have any compulsion to go fight Cersei?

Jon defeated NK
Sansa killed Bolton and Littlefinger.
Wildlings def don’t give a fudge.
The northern houses don’t want a southern Prince anyway.

What am I missing? That Jon bent the knee? Heck, even he has new info that calls that into question.

Jon and Sansa care because of Dani and Tyrion. Everyone else cares because Jon and Sansa cares. Also...Cersei has always been the far and away #1 on Arya's list.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They DID set it up.

She used the move on Brienne when they sparred.
Talking about flying outta nowhere past all the baddies in slow mo. I have no problem with THE MOVE

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon and Sansa care because of Dani and Tyrion. Everyone else cares because Jon and Sansa cares. Also...Cersei has always been the far and away #1 on Arya's list.
Jon and Sansa caring about Dany and Tyrion would lead them to try to convince them not to fight, not to send half of Westeros to their deaths.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I could tell the difference between a white walker and someone who wasn't... But considering this is the battle of all battles where many heroes could die it would be nice if you could tell who the hero was. That did get better as the episode progressed.

Unless they were dragons and they all looked the same.

I could easily tell those kinds of details. In the zombie dogpiles, I could easily see that it was Brienne or Jayme, or whichever other hero was getting swarmed. And yes, absolutely, as the fight moved inside the castle, where there were more torches/lights/lamps, it got easier to see.

I asked a co-worker about the detail thing last night, (he's a photog) and he mentioned that for about :45 seconds he couldn't see too well, then he turned off the lamp he has next to his TV, and he could see fine.

So if your TV was in a lighted room, or god forbid a room with a window, you were probably fooked.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about flying outta nowhere past all the baddies in slow mo. I have no problem with THE MOVE

I guess all those blindfolded sneak past everyone drills she did paid off.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, taking off the lens cap is certainly job one.

Ha!

I did have to laugh when I read an article about how the episode was too dark and they had spoken to the cinematographer who said, "I know it wasn't too dark because I shot it."

I'd have more respect for him if he'd gone with your lame bit about having to tune the TV settings to the episode.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if your TV was in a lighted room, or god forbid a room with a window, you were probably fooked.

Yeah, the dipfuck that I referenced in my last post said that they'd created it to be watched in a completely dark room. I guess because they assume most people keep their TV sets in sensory deprivation chambers. What a dumb fuck.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the first season Syrio taught her to move as "quiet as a shadow". She snuck up on Jon in broad daylight on a snow covered ground … the same place where she snuck up on NK.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha!

I did have to laugh when I read an article about how the episode was too dark and they had spoken to the cinematographer who said, "I know it wasn't too dark because I shot it."

I'd have more respect for him if he'd gone with your lame bit about having to tune the TV settings to the episode.

I know that this post made some logical sense in your own brain when you typed it. I'm not grokking it.

I'm going to assume that the DOP knows how to read a vectorscope.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the dipfuck that I referenced in my last post said that they'd created it to be watched in a completely dark room. I guess because they assume most people keep their TV sets in sensory deprivation chambers. What a dumb fuck.

Something crazy like recommending people watch it in the dark before the episode would have been helpful.

Seems like a lot of excuse making could have been avoided.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly they should have been thinking of your TV.

I can point you to about 100 youtube videos on the pros/cons of what kind of TV to buy if you have a high light room.

Best TV for bright rooms - Forums

Anything else you need assistance with?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time Dany rode the dragon - part of my brain is going, 'She'd get knocked off as soon as that dragon hits about 35 mph, or banks even a little bit.'

I always assumed that she strategically placed a couple of the dragon's back horns to keep her stuck on.

Hot, right?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Too bad showing pivotal stuff ON SCREEN isn’t a priority for writers/directors

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s interesting. And it poses a bigger question for me..why must someone become the NK/NQ?

Like if someone like Bran is telling me someone has to take that spot to protect the winter cycle I would ask why....what’s the downside if someone doesn’t.

They just faced the gravest threat to mankind ever, and barely slipped past it (thanks to a Hollywood ending). What could be worse than that, which would necessitate someone taking that spot? Logic would say that the new NK/NQ would just come down some winter with another gravest threat to mankind.

I have a struggle with what could possibly be worse than that if they didn’t replace the NK.
Can’t be another Night King. The first one was created by the “Children of the Forest” elf-creatures. Assuming there’s only one NK at a time, this one was the last. The NK rebelled against his creators and killed the last of the Children of the Forest in Brandon Stark’s weird storyline.

The only big baddie left in Westeros is Cersei.