• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 7 vs Steelers

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to ruin the sports weekend Lions.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it looks bad, but I can't help thinking how cool it's going to be when they reel off 9 wins in a row.

Coincidence? I think not.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team doesn’t get a legit horse of a running back then I may lose interest. We got to be able to score from inside the 5.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great play call. If Caldwell took the field goal (as is Cooters game plan) then wed be kicking for the lead now.
But would've given up a huge play to lose the game... Lions have no love for their fan base.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team doesn’t get a legit horse of a running back then I may lose interest. We got to be able to score from inside the 5.
Golden Rule. Never draft a skill positioned offensive player from Nebraska.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have hung 40 on the Steelers tonight. A competent red zone offense at least scores 30 points.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this season is officially over. On to the draft discussion. What will it take to trade up for Barkley?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No reliable big body targets for Staff hurts, too.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some piss poor coaching. I keep reading we need a RB or an O-line, but what I saw is we need a real OC. No way can 2 guys be unblocked on every run play. These are not assignment issues, these are design flaws. Cooter does not know how to design run plays. He is not a legit OC. Maybe he figures it out someday.

Then out of nowhere Mr. Super conservative decides to go for it on 4th and 2 in the 3rd quarter when we coud have taken the lead. Maybe we get lucky and he gets fired despite signing a new contract. This was unacceptable. I think if we had gotten McHoody this year, the offense would be better as he would fill the knowledge gap for Cooter on offense.

Dont get me wrong, Defense was not great either but they did just enough to win.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it looks bad, but I can't help thinking how cool it's going to be when they reel off 9 wins in a row.
I can recalled when the Lions started out 0-4 and were getting thrashed by the Cardinals and the fan base booed the Lions and most walked out of the game. The following week the Lions ended their 0-5 start by beating the Bears and dicked around the next two weeks with a 1-7 start until Martha Ford said she wanted wins and jobs were on the line. The sandbaggers went 6-2 in the second half of the season. The moral of the story is... your screwed unless Martha speaks out again!!!

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some piss poor coaching. I keep reading we need a RB or an O-line, but what I saw is we need a real OC. No way can 2 guys be unblocked on every run play. These are not assignment issues, these are design flaws. Cooter does not know how to design run plays. He is not a legit OC. Maybe he figures it out someday.

Then out of nowhere Mr. Super conservative decides to go for it on 4th and 2 in the 3rd quarter when we could have taken the lead. Maybe we get lucky and he gets fired despite signing a new contract. This was unacceptable. I think if we had gotten McHoody this year, the offense would be better as he would fill the knowledge gap for Cooter on offense.
In the words of Steve Mariucc on his way out of Detroit... "Friends don't let friends coach the Lions."

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then out of nowhere Mr. Super conservative decides to go for it on 4th and 2 in the 3rd quarter when we coud have taken the lead. Maybe we get lucky and he gets fired despite signing a new contract. This was unacceptable. I think if we had gotten McHoody this year, the offense would be better as he would fill the knowledge gap for Cooter on offense.

Dont get me wrong, Defense was not great either but they did just enough to win.

Agreed that the coaching staff was terrible, but a lot of coaches do dumb things but have the talent to cover it up.

Don't let the bad coaching cover up what I have believed is this team's foundational problem forever. It is an organizational failure to obtain a talented running back.

Stafford showed last night that he can make average receivers better than they are. Give Stafford a clean pocket for 3+ seconds and he will make plays.

What Cooter doesn't have is a legit running back. The Lions haven't had one in 20 years.

No D-coordinator in the league game plans to stop the Lions run game. It cripples the offense because they are so 1-dimensional in short yardage.