• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5: Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks, 5/28 5:00 PM, NBCSN

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just home from the "Watch Party". A lot of fun but a disappointing ending. Gritty effort from our boys and a shame they couldn't finish it off. I'm still not concerned. The Kings only have to win 1 of the next 2. Chicago has to win both. Several iffy penalties on both sides so I have no complaint with the officiating plus they let them play in the Overtimes. Of course it had to be an ex-King that won it for them. I really don't think that Crawford is good enough to beat the Kings 3 times in a row.

Ox

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please quit posted here

Because the Blackhawks were wiped. Go fuck yourself, you're a fucking wanking cu nt.

Double OT win that tired? Are such an assfack you can't even be objective? Get a fucking grip.

Please go to this "Kings" thread Link

Because I tipped my hat? Get a grip, dude. Seriously. It's a fucking hockey game, a great one at that.

Go back to Baseball.. you know nothing about hockey - the other thread is for band wagoners. GO !

:nod:

Whatever, it's fucking sports get a grip.

Whoa, what's with the King on King violence? Pull together boys, game 6 should be an intense one.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, what's with the King on King violence? Pull together boys, game 6 should be an intense one.

Ha ha... Yeah, he's the stereo typical post room badass that approves various as legit and others as bandwagoners. Even though I live in a Northern California and only get the games during the playoffs.... The guy needs a little perspective. It's a hockey post room, nothing more.

Regardless, great game last night, my friend. A classic edge of your seat game.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just home from the "Watch Party". A lot of fun but a disappointing ending. Gritty effort from our boys and a shame they couldn't finish it off. I'm still not concerned. The Kings only have to win 1 of the next 2. Chicago has to win both. Several iffy penalties on both sides so I have no complaint with the officiating plus they let them play in the Overtimes. Of course it had to be an ex-King that won it for them. I really don't think that Crawford is good enough to beat the Kings 3 times in a row.

Ox

To me, it's all about Quick. If he corrals the rebounds a bit, makes his typical spectacular saves in crucial moments, we will be fine. It's how this team is built.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...what an ugly game from the Kings' standpoint. Looked like Games 1-2 from the SJ series again, no defense, no Quick.

Time to tighten it up and win it at home tomorrow. I don't think it would be beneficial for LA to have to go back to Chicago for a Game 7.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it's all about Quick. If he corrals the rebounds a bit, makes his typical spectacular saves in crucial moments, we will be fine. It's how this team is built.

Quick was off his game last night, he was leaving fat rebounds all over the place.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick was off his game last night, he was leaving fat rebounds all over the place.

I'm in the minority on this, but Quick looked tired to me. His only rest was when Sutter pulled him a couple of weeks ago midway through a game.

Chicago is a fantastic home team but have been suspect on the road of late. I see no reason why the Kings do not win this game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the minority on this, but Quick looked tired to me. His only rest was when Sutter pulled him a couple of weeks ago midway through a game.

I'm pretty sure you may be in the minority, I didn't see fatigue, I saw a guy who was fighting the puck. While he hasn't been spectacular this series, he hasn't needed to be because the Kings are pouring in goals. He hasn't stolen a game as we are accustomed to seeing him do.

Last night the Hawks were way more active, buzzing around and creating chances and he saw a lot of shots. It's difficult to turn on the switch like that when you haven't really had to be great all series and all of a sudden you're being asked to hold the fort down.

Quick plays a ton of games every year, I think he is used to the workload in that sense but I don't think he was prepared to see as much puck as he did last night and

Chicago is a fantastic home team but have been suspect on the road of late. I see no reason why the Kings do not win this game.

The Kings haven't dominated at home though either, they are only 5-3 and were 3-3 until the two wins this week. Chicago was due for a win, my money was on last night and it happened, so the Kings absolutely must clamp down, play their game and not get into the wild west hockey that was played last night - they aren't built for that and will lose again if they play into their game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article on Quick and his up and down play this postseason. Of course it's a blog/fan writer but I actually found it to be quite spot on:

Is Jonathan Quick Becoming a Concern for the Los Angeles Kings? | Bleacher Report

Quick needs to lock that down tomorrow if the Kings want to go to the SCFs again. He needs to establish himself as an elite goalie again with whatever games are left in the playoffs.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with that assessment also. The Kings will only go as far as their goaltender can take them. He is the backbone of the defense first Kings team.

Ox