• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME 4: Oklahoma vs. WVU

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you are coming from, BUT I'm not sure there was much they could have done. OK is looking like a National Champion.

Bama killed FL, MD killed Cuse, OK is a special team this year I think. This has been a rough schedule to start the season. I think MD will surprise a few teams this year also. I think this team barring major injuries will surprise a few people also.

Trotter from ESPN was sending love WVU's way after the game. You don't see much of that from anyone at ESPN.

Rank 4 in the Big 12 power rankings
The Mountaineers have to be the best 2-2 team in the country, with both of their losses coming against top-5 opponents. West Virginia's defensive front just had no answer for Perine or Oklahoma's experienced and powerful offensive line. Yet despite the two losses, there's a lot to like about this West Virginia team, which could inflict plenty of damage the rest of the way in the Big 12 with the firepower that quarterback Clint Trickett and receivers Kevin White and Mario Alford bring.

WVU could win out. Baylor will be tough.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props on a great game and atmosphere! Now all I ask is when you go to Austin, please kick the ever living shit out of ut.....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheat... I'm still not impressed w/ your QB. Wish WVU could have had an answer to stop the OU running game...

OU took WVU's best shot... and was definitely the better team.

Good luck the rest of the way...

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight is still a work in progress, no doubt, but with the run game OU has, he has time to get it together.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight is still a work in progress, no doubt, but with the run game OU has, he has time to get it together.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year!

Wheat, did I hear right that that running back that ate us up in the second half is a freshman?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a true freshman at that! We kept hearing the kid was tearing it up in practice and he's done well when he's come in the first 3 games, but he just exploded and wore your D out the 2nd half.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know getting wore down was part of the issue, but the blocking up front by OU was ran with great precision. Then whoever was left was faced with a manchild running with the ball. Good player good team, good game....hope both go on to do great things.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a true freshman at that! We kept hearing the kid was tearing it up in practice and he's done well when he's come in the first 3 games, but he just exploded and wore your D out the 2nd half.

The kid is strong as a bull, the yards he was getting after the first hit, carrying defenders on his back, wow.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, OU made effective adjustments at the half, WVU, AGAIN, did not.

Completely disagree....they made several adjustments...it's pretty simple...the better team won....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree....they made several adjustments...it's pretty simple...the better team won....

I saw very little difference on either side of the ball, what did you see different? The offensive play selection was very much the same, the defense was in the same sets, with the same assignments, our defense was trying to stop the run, daring OU to beat us passing, OU changed their blocking and ran the ball down the throat of the same defense they faced in the first half.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is strong as a bull, the yards he was getting after the first hit, carrying defenders on his back, wow.

I know getting wore down was part of the issue, but the blocking up front by OU was ran with great precision. Then whoever was left was faced with a manchild running with the ball. Good player good team, good game....hope both go on to do great things.

no doubt the O line was opening big holes, and Perine hit them and then hit whoever was in front of him. I saw the stat about yards after contact, don't remember what it was, but it was ridiculous.

This O line and D line is the best OU has had at the same time, in years.

Probably the best overall OU team since 2000.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw very little difference on either side of the ball, what did you see different? The offensive play selection was very much the same, the defense was in the same sets, with the same assignments, our defense was trying to stop the run, daring OU to beat us passing, OU changed their blocking and ran the ball down the throat of the same defense they faced in the first half.

Even when we had 8 in the box, we could not stop Perine and their trap blocking. The first half looked more straight up and they started using traps in the second half and going outside tackle. Our d lineman could slow him down, but when they went outside the tackle with a lead blocker, we did not have the muscle to stop him. Very good adjustment by Stoops at half to do this. 200 + yards is a testament to that. We had no answer.

I'll ask the expert if there is any adjustment that the coaches could make other than handing out PEDs that could have stopped that rushing attack. I want to know what coaching adjustments should have been made.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when we had 8 in the box, we could not stop Perine and their trap blocking. The first half looked more straight up and they started using traps in the second half and going outside tackle. Our d lineman could slow him down, but when they went outside the tackle with a lead blocker, we did not have the muscle to stop him. Very good adjustment by Stoops at half to do this. 200 + yards is a testament to that. We had no answer.

I'll ask the expert if there is any adjustment that the coaches could make other than handing out PEDs that could have stopped that rushing attack. I want to know what coaching adjustments should have been made.

One thing that could have been done after seeing that OU was running at will and had no desire to pass would have been to bring the house on every play to make that back run sideways, he was much easier to stop running east and west than when he got a head of steam up heading down field. Their o line did a masterful job once they started stunting, that is when our d line and lbs need to hesitate just a split second, and fill the holes. Speaking of offensive adjustments, what did we do? The Holgorsen lovers have claimed he made many great adjustments, I saw none.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that could have been done after seeing that OU was running at will and had no desire to pass would have been to bring the house on every play to make that back run sideways, he was much easier to stop running east and west than when he got a head of steam up heading down field. Their o line did a masterful job once they started stunting, that is when our d line and lbs need to hesitate just a split second, and fill the holes. Speaking of offensive adjustments, what did we do? The Holgorsen lovers have claimed he made many great adjustments, I saw none.

Thanks coach

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks coach

Look at what USF's defense did against OUR rushing attack, stunt blocking, etc when Fraud was here for an example of what could have been done in the second half against OU to see what I'm talking about.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what USF's defense did against OUR rushing attack, stunt blocking, etc when Fraud was here for an example of what could have been done in the second half against OU to see what I'm talking about.

Are you using RR as a "great" example of making adjustments, because if so, explain the 13-9 game with Pitt. I believe RR had a 1-2 record against USF. I guess you're right. Without those halftime adjustments he would have been 0-3.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How could the offesince play selection be the same if they had to keep one if not two backs to pass protect in the second half ..they changed up the tempo by playing all 5 tailbacks..went away from the screen game and took more shots down field...on defense they played 8 in the box to try and stop the run...you watching the same game I was?:wtf2:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:what::what:

Hard to do when you are getting pushed 5 yards down field............

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could the offesince play selection be the same if they had to keep one if not two backs to pass protect in the second half ..they changed up the tempo by playing all 5 tailbacks..went away from the screen game and took more shots down field...on defense they played 8 in the box to try and stop the run...you watching the same game I was?:wtf2:

Why waste the effort with DAD?

I guess the fact Clint was under center and WVU was in a more traditional Power I was not a half-time adjustment.

We've seen that formation all the time...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you using RR as a "great" example of making adjustments, because if so, explain the 13-9 game with Pitt. I believe RR had a 1-2 record against USF. I guess you're right. Without those halftime adjustments he would have been 0-3.

NO, READ POSTS!!!!!! I was using Levitt as an example of good game planning and adjustments, and Fraud NOT making them...,........ WOW, just WOW