• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #3 New England Patriots vs New York Jets Sunday 9/24/2023 1:00 PM EST CBS

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 o'clock games here on the west coast are the best because they actually start at 10 a.m. You can start drinking at 10 a.m. and the wife can't say shit.
Yeah, when I live in Cali that took some getting use to.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I live in Cali that took some getting use to.

When I first moved to CA back in 2006 I lived right near this sports bar in Burbank called Champs. They play ALL the games so it's the place to be on Sunday mornings. I used to go every Sunday. It's kinda hilarious to see all these drunk people out on the sidewalk so early in the day every Sunday.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I should have used a different QB as an example as it's obvious a few of you can't have a decent conversation that includes Brady without getting pissy.

Back to my original point. IMO, if Mahomes, Hurts, Burrow, Tagovailoa, Purdy, and a few others were our QB we'd be 2 - 0 instead of 0 - 2. Yes, Mac has played decent but as we all repeatedly said last season he doesn't have the killer competitive instinct and that trickles down to the rest of the team.
and we'd be 2-0 with Micah Parsons too. That's too much weight to put on Mac when there are plenty of elements that contributed to losses. How about the Red Sea not parting for Mostert? That wouldn't have hurt while trying to get to 1 and 1.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And exactly what have these four provided in the first two games?

How long do you give him to rebuild the offense? He's been at it since 2019 and still hasn't addressed the same problems the team had back then. Especially at WR.

I know you love the guy, but facts are facts. With TB12 he had 9 AFCCG wins, 6 SB wins. In his career w/o TB12, he's .490 and 2 playoff losses. Since Brady left, he's 25-27 with one playoff loss. I'm sorry, but he's not rebuilding. He's hole plugging. That's because that's what he's been able to do with the GOAT at QB.

With Uche, Jennings, Duggar, Henry and Gesicki all headed to free agency and monster contracts, I'm willing to bet my left nut that he'll go defense, defense, defense in FA and we'll be screaming like wounded rabbits at this time in 2024.

For some reason, Bill either won't sign players early or doesn't know how. "Hey Duggar, have a seat. How about extending your contract to 2026? I'll guarantee you 3 years, $45M and I'll give you $15M of it as a Bonus today."
I think you're on to something.
Bill needs to just draft the next Tom Brady.
I wonder why he hasn't thought of that.

Not that he wasn't in cap space purgatory for 2020 and 2021 or anything like that.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has addressed WR why are you ignoring that? I don't love anybody other than my wife and son, but I am not spinning tales and telling lies like you are. He has addressed WRs, we never had top tier WRs in NE we had TB12 WRS did not make Brady better he made them better. Other than Randy Moss when have the Pats targeted a big name WR? And how many SBs did we win with Moss?
He's not my favorite, but I would say Cooks.
He gave up a first for him and a year later got a first for him, so he was legitimately first round talent.

And, thank god for Jason McCourty...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’re not interested in identifying the reason why this team cannot finish a comeback? They simply can’t. Two weeks in a row the offense folded like a lawn chair when victory was there to be had. And that’s not even addressing the countless times that happened last season.

So you’re perfectly fine saying Mac is the franchise QB even if we go 0 and 17. Got it.
They seriously need to stop going for the epic comeback and try for an early lead instead. Go no huddle right out of the gate.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're on to something.
Bill needs to just draft the next Tom Brady.
I wonder why he hasn't thought of that.

Not that he wasn't in cap space purgatory for 2020 and 2021 or anything like that.

You're not allowed to mention Brady.

Even with shitty players BB will always get the Pats to a minimum of mediocrity. Which means as long as he's coach we'll never whiff an early first round pick unless we trade the farm for it. Which means we either catch lightning in a bottle TWICE with a later pick or we're sort of fucked in the QB department for the foreseeable future.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not allowed to mention Brady.

Even with shitty players BB will always get the Pats to a minimum of mediocrity. Which means as long as he's coach we'll never whiff an early first round pick unless we trade the farm for it. Which means we either catch lightning in a bottle TWICE with a later pick or we're sort of fucked in the QB department for the foreseeable future.
No he is. You are not!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, Bill either won't sign players early or doesn't know how. "Hey Duggar, have a seat. How about extending your contract to 2026? I'll guarantee you 3 years, $45M and I'll give you $15M of it as a Bonus today."
There have been many many times Bill has extended players before their contract was up. sometimes mid season, sometimes off season.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seriously need to stop going for the epic comeback and try for an early lead instead. Go no huddle right out of the gate.

Regardless of how good the Jets D is the Pats need to come out and spank them on Sunday. But they won't.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac was not that bad. BB decided to take away Hill and Waddle assuming we could at least slow the run and you are correct our front 7 failed to do that
And if they hadn't spotted Miami 2 scores they wouldn't have had to come back from 2 scores down.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Pats should win this one. I feel that around week six the Pats will be a very tough team to beat. There are still adjustments with BOB at the helm but I seem some good

They better win this one. I think the defence will keep Wilson on his toes. But the Jets defence could well keep Jones on his toes.