• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2: Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks, 5/21 5:00 PM, NBCSN

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings got a couple of big breaks.... And they capitalized like champs. How disheveled did the Blackhawks appear after the Kings first goal? Wow.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be proudly wearing my Kings jerseys all over Chicago!

Good for you. You'll still mostly get grief but it'll be easier to take. I'm sure you'll hear all about how they're the defending champs and it's still only 1 win and how the Blackhawks completely outplayed the Kings for 2 periods. Just point to the scoreboard. The series is all even 1-1 and the next 2 are in LA with Chicago being only 2-4 on the road in this year's playoffs.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game - they went from completely lifeless to completely destroying the Hawks. Seeing their smug fans shut their pie holes was awesome.

Coming back to LA where they have not had a good road record, LA needs to throttle them in both games.

Plus as mentioned we don't have to hear that retarded Chelsea Dagger song.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah baby! I drank a lot after the first period and hate when the Kings hunker down into a definitive two defenseman/3 forward structure. Meanwhile the BlackCocks are rolling (at least) 4 at us and outnumbering us at every point. Kings came out flat and after hearing the interviews the last few days, I was disappointed with the start.

Hawks outplayed LA for the first 38 minutes but there is no doubt that Quick made a huge save and Williams got a fortunate goal to change the mood. I love the sense of urgency though, as the Kings lit up Chicago and Jamie Tampon on special teams. Muzzin, you fucking frustrating fuck, what a shot! Caught Crawford cheating and roofed it short side.

Kings with a lead is like watching two completely different teams. Huge win, and man was that stressful for the first part of that game. I was part of the "Calm" group when it came to being up 3-2 because the Kings had already made their case. They proved that they could hang with Chicago. Now, Kings have a huge opportunity.

Pete, put that Quick haterade in the fridge because he does nothing but compete and deliver. Not really sure what else you want from the guy. I felt like he could have stopped that 2nd goal as well, but he makes the big saves every night and is the backbone of this team.

Coming home against an awesome team, so we could very well split at home, but this Kings team competes and are going to make this a serious series.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks outplayed LA for the first 38 minutes but there is no doubt that Quick made a huge save and Williams got a fortunate goal to change the mood.

Funny you mention this, I actually think the nice helmet tap from Roszival is what lit a fire under the Kings. Williams was pretty pissed, that's something that shouldn't be happening to a veteran and I think he took it personally and that carried on to the rest of the team.

You'd think Roszival would just play his game, this is twice now where an incident involving him hurt his team (the Brown incident in the WCFs in 2012, Penner goes on to win the game in OT and send the Kings to the SCFs) and now this - it was still 2-0 when Roszival decided to be a bush league player. Hope he enjoyed the enormous can of of whoopass LA opened up on them.

I think that, and also the huge save from Quick on Seabrook when it was still 2-0 were pivotal moments that swung it in the Kings' favor.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game - they went from completely lifeless to completely destroying the Hawks. Seeing their smug fans shut their pie holes was awesome.

Coming back to LA where they have not had a good road record, LA needs to throttle them in both games.

Plus as mentioned we don't have to hear that retarded Chelsea Dagger song.

^^^^^

This X 1000