• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2: Los Angeles Kings @ Chicago Blackhawks, 5/21 5:00 PM, NBCSN

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, a game today!!

Blackhawks have not lost at home yet in the playoffs, it would be great to change that tonight.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get a win tonight, we need to check these fuckers & slow them down. Fuck the Chickenhawks!

GO KINGS GO!!:yahoo::yahoo:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not feel like this is a must win. First team to lose at home makes this series fall by the wayside. And honestly, I think the Kings will give the team with a "Racially Insensitive American-Indian Name" a brutal fight at home.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Need our top guns to play like it, can't be shut down by the Towes line. Also, overall the 2nd line caused the most problems for the Hawks. Expect Sutter to use that line alot

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be considered a "must win". Chicago hasn't lost at home all playoffs, so this bursts that bubble, not to mention coming back to LA 1-1 would be huge.

While the dramatics have been great for LA this playoff season, it would be nice if these mooks could just go out, play their game and get a win in standard fashion. Going down 2-0 to the Hawks, even if coming back to LA, is asking for problems. Before you know it, the Kings could be down 3-0 and personally I don't see the Kings pulling that out - the Hawks are not the Ducks or Sharks.

The Kings have had their problems with them the last 2½ years and need to do everything they can to set themselves up to win this series.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to win one in Chicago. Any one will do. Why not his one?
if not this one then Game 7 would even be better
Kings need to prove that they can beat the Hawks. The sooner the better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this is a must win, but the Kings should treat it like one. Chicago has been less than stellar on the road this year (But dominant at home), so there is still a series if they head back to LA with Kings down 0-2 (Especially since this team is pretty freaking resilient this year). But Kings will need to win one in Chicago eventually if they plan on winning this series, so they need to be focused every chance they get, because winning there is brutal.

Crawford made some big saves in Game 1, and there is almost no way to beat Chicago if you are only going to score 1 goal. The team needs to help Quick out a little bit. As usual, first goal will be huge (This is getting ridiculous since Round 2 with teams being like 29-1 when scoring first).

That noon game and my girl not having cable made me miss all but period 1 of Game 1 on Sunday. I have since watched Game 1 twice on Tivo and I thought the Kings looked more than capable of hanging with Chicago. Last year they looked too slow and had some injuries, but they looked good in Game 1. Held the BlackCocks to 21 shots and had some golden opportunities to steal one there. I was actually impressed with the Kings coming off less than 2 days rest for a noon game. Unlike last year, they didn't have to play the next day and actually got some days off (Playing Saturday and Sunday to start the series last year was rough I thought).

Last year, there was no Willie Mitchell, which I thought was huge, and Mike Richards was knocked out in Game 1 (missing Games 2,3, and 4). This year, those two guys are in, we added Gaborik, and the two young guys Pearson and Toffoli have infused some much needed youth and speed into this lineup.

Kings need to use their depth to really pound Chicago up front in an attempt to make this a long series. Richards on the 4th line is a luxury that needs to be utilized. Kings can roll 4 lines all series and hopefully they can be fresher later in games and later in the series.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feed is blowing chunks.

Like watching a streaming feed at 56k NBCSN sucks

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Kane holding Mitchell's stick and Mitchell is called?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two slow defensemen

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell penalty was fucking bullshit considering what they let the Blackhawks do all last game entering the zone. Cu nty call.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't connect a pass for the life of them