• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2: Los Angeles Kings @ Anaheim Ducks, 5/5 7:00 PM, NBCSN

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Kings win their 6th straight playoff game, we are coming home with a 2-0 series lead baby!!:suds::suds:

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a 3-2 league its good to be the team with 3 even if the other team doesn't hold up their end of it

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quiet at my house

Yeah I can relate. I haven't heard a peep out of my friends who are Ducks fans. They were all over it before the series started. Not a word since. Up 2-0 in the series. Beyond my expectations. I was looking for a split in the first 2 at the Pond.

Ox

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward isn't even worthy of sniffing the same air as Quick.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward isn't even worthy of sniffing the same air as Quick.

He can sniff Quick's jock, I'm sure it's a scent he can't get enough of on a daily basis.

Schultz...unbelievable game. Good call Deader, he played great in Regehr/Mitchell's absence.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can sniff Quick's jock, I'm sure it's a scent he can't get enough of on a daily basis.

Schultz...unbelievable game. Good call Deader, he played great in Regehr/Mitchell's absence.

Yeah, I dont think hes a bad defenseman at all. he keeps it simple which is all we need. Some big plays on the PK too.

2 days off now till Game 3. Lets hope Mitchell and Regher get better and we can keep it up at home.

Even though we got out shot badly we never seemed to not be in control of the game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I dont think hes a bad defenseman at all. he keeps it simple which is all we need. Some big plays on the PK too.

PK is where he made the most impact, especially having the reach that he does. Played pretty physical too.

2 days off now till Game 3. Lets hope Mitchell and Regher get better and we can keep it up at home.

Even though we got out shot badly we never seemed to not be in control of the game.

I think the two days off will help the Kings, it's been an emotional high the last week and that runs out. Hopefully they get some rest, get healthy and come back on an even keel. While it's nice to be up 2-0 o Anaheim last series showed it isn't over until it's over.

The Kings were in control of this game almost the entire time. Anaheim had a lot of zone time but it was mainly to the outside or one and dones.

And for Gods sake Richards needs a goal.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win King fans, this might have been the Ducks' best chance to win a game this series being at home, with 2 Kings' dmen out of the game, and it being a must win scenario. Major props to Quick and company for continuing the hot streak. Major props, had the Kings dead in the water 6 games ago, how things have changed.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win King fans, this might have been the Ducks' best chance to win a game this series being at home, with 2 Kings' dmen out of the game, and it being a must win scenario. Major props to Quick and company for continuing the hot streak. Major props, had the Kings dead in the water 6 games ago, how things have changed.

I know it's still early, but chances are good, that we might make it to our 3rd straight Western Conference finals & a rematch Vs the BlackHawks.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Doobee. Back at ya on your team's ability to regain home-ice. Even the most die-hard of us Kings fans couldn't imagine being able to come back after going down 0-3 to the Sharks and flat out getting blown out in Games 1 and 2. Sure didn't look good. Makes me apprehensive of getting to giddy over this 2-0 series lead against the Ducks.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still early, but chances are good, that we might make it to our 3rd straight Western Conference finals & a rematch Vs the BlackHawks.

Thanks Doobee. Back at ya on your team's ability to regain home-ice. Even the most die-hard of us Kings fans couldn't imagine being able to come back after going down 0-3 to the Sharks and flat out getting blown out in Games 1 and 2. Sure didn't look good. Makes me apprehensive of getting to giddy over this 2-0 series lead against the Ducks.

Ox

Very true guys, as great as the Kings have been playing you can't get too excited with it only being 2 games. Still tho, the way the Kings have played since game 3 against the Sharks, they're definitely playing their best hockey at the right time and when the Kings are playing their best hockey they could beat anyone. Good luck against the Ducks, great start, hopefully they could now finish.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As far as I am concerned, there is no home ice advantage for the Ducks, if anything, it's a 50/50 split at the puddle. One thing for sure, we will not be outcheered at Staples.

One more thing..even tho it led to a penalty, Quick should have been named number 1 star for Punching Fairy in the sack. Classic!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about the Kings that makes them very dangerous is that this is a team that believes they could do anything. Whether it be winning the Stanley Cup as an 8th seed or coming back from 3-0 to win the series, I think this Kings team has to be loaded with confidence right now.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 3 years they won a cup as the 8 seed, come back down from 0-2 against the blues and back down from 0-3 this year against the Sharks.

Its really quite amazing what this team has done in 3 years. If they make it back to the WCF it would put them up there with the Wings who made it to the WCF from 07-09.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I am concerned, there is no home ice advantage for the Ducks, if anything, it's a 50/50 split at the puddle. One thing for sure, we will not be outcheered at Staples.

There was no home ice advantage and the Ducks knew it. I think it's pathetic when an opposing team comes into YOUR building and out cheers YOUR fans. IN THE FRIGGIN PLAYOFFS!!

The Puddle has always been Staples Center South, it just got more amplified with this being the first ever playoff series. No question whatsoever who owns the fans in this region, and it ain't Anaheim.

One more thing..even tho it led to a penalty, Quick should have been named number 1 star for Punching Fairy in the sack. Classic!

He tried to knee Quick in the head near the end when he was pushed from behind by Voynov, much akin to when Brown pulled his bogus somersault and kicked Luongo in the head. I have zero tolerance for crap like that, especially when it's embellished like both Brown and Perry did. That bush league stuff needs to be answered for.

The Canucks went apeshit and went after Brown from the first drop the next game with Brown eventually fighting Kesler (?). Being a playoff series, I don't think we will see that from LA, but I hope they do turn up the heat a little on the Ducks players physically and any chance they get start shoving their own players into Hiller when they can.