• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 2: Los Angeles Kings @ Anaheim Ducks, 5/5 7:00 PM, NBCSN

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Cinco De Mayo. Forget game 1, play like it's a 0-0 series and you need to take home ice away from the Ducks.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A mart will score two goals

Yes I know he is Canadian from Spain but he is the closest to Mexican we got

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be curious to see if the Kings legs can keep up with the Ducks. We certainly got away with one Saturday night. I suppose a 7 game series against your real in state rival after being three games down can really zap a teams energy. Then again, the Ducks had a tough six game series.

Bottom line, Kings need to find a higher gear because duplicating game ones intensity will not win this series.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kings did steal one in game 1 but that was the Ducks best shot. They came at LA with everything and we responded with a huge win. Need the real Kings team to step up and dominate the FO and hits again. We can't expect to get that lucky again with the bounces/rebounds or Gaborik knocking it out of mid air. Need to move the puck laterally and make Hiller move, stop shooting it into his chest.

With Shultz in, still does worry me. I know we did ok with 5 D men but still, my biggest fear is when he goes to play the puck in the corner of the defensive zone and fails. Hopefully, like Ox says, won't ask him to do much and he and the rest of the D can take away the speed by standing up at the blue line.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Kings will be ok tonight, Ducks look tired also. We may steal another one, Quick is playing amazing.

Let's get it done boys GO KINGS GO!! :yahoo::yahoo:

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings did steal one in game 1 but that was the Ducks best shot. They came at LA with everything and we responded with a huge win. Need the real Kings team to step up and dominate the FO and hits again. We can't expect to get that lucky again with the bounces/rebounds or Gaborik knocking it out of mid air. Need to move the puck laterally and make Hiller move, stop shooting it into his chest.

With Shultz in, still does worry me. I know we did ok with 5 D men but still, my biggest fear is when he goes to play the puck in the corner of the defensive zone and fails. Hopefully, like Ox says, won't ask him to do much and he and the rest of the D can take away the speed by standing up at the blue line.

That's exactly what I am curious about.... did the Sucks blow their wad in game one or is that just how they play - quick feet, counter, opportunistic transition offense. That was the third time this year I have seen the Sucks play and the style has not changed nor the effort - so I will be surprised if game 1 was their "best shot." However, I hope it was!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you saw is Anaheim's game. They will play that style all night long, they've done it for the last 3 years under Boudreau.

Their best asset is their speed, and if the Kings can neutralize that the scoring chances will go down immediately. There is a significant talent level drop off after Perry and Getzlaf, lots of secondary scorers who are decent and have had a good year but no real proof to say they are for real. Patrick Maroon? Nick Bonino? Not exactly household names.

What I think will be a key difference in this series is coaching. Boudreau is notorious for lighting up the regular season and then eating shit in the playoffs. He gets outcoached, plain and simple, and I'm thinking reclusive Sutter has some tricks up his sleeve that will ultimately pay off.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward is such a homer.
"Ducks don't have to change anything. They got unlucky in game one. And look to turn it around in game two."

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gabby show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, even before I realized the game started Gaborik puts the Kings up 1-0. Kings are on fire :flame:

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward is such a homer.
"Ducks don't have to change anything. They got unlucky in game one. And look to turn it around in game two."

Yeah... they're unlucky Gaborik plays for the Kings.

Hayward can go Eff himself.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gayzy reeling still taking shots at the Kings even with their fast start