• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #14 - Sugar Bowl, VT vs. Michigan

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that after 9,000 tickets, the ACC is paying for the tickets, not Virginia Tech.

So what happens with the tickets after the ACC eats them? Do they get sold to stub hub, placed on ebay, donated?

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, you can't run an offense that isn't working. VT can't afford three and outs, so they need a dependable way to get a first down. Running DW is predictable, and will therefore only work against a decent run defense if there are other options as well. VT can't waste offensive opportunities. If they can reliably get first downs in the first half, they win the game.

Clemson had a pretty good strategy, that worked BECAUSE VT was predictable.

VT is now faced with the challenge of being both unpredictable, and reliable. It is a challenge for the offensive coaching staff, but one that they have to address to win. Michigan is not Wake Forest.

I agree to a point. DW was extremely successful running against Clemson earlier in the season (20 carries for 123 yards, 2 catches for 21 yards) and our run defense was pretty average throughout the whole season. The simple fact that he is far and away the best weapon on offense for the Hokies should warrant at least 15 touches a half; he only had 8 (with 6 being on the ground) in the ACCCG. It's a travesty when your best player gets less than 20 touches during the course of the game.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fairly surprising considering its a Dec 31st game. It's not surprising that the Orange Bowl (and Sugar this year) continue to struggle to sell tickets when they get effed into playing the games on the 3rd or 4th. The Orange is on a Wednesday night, Sugar on a Tuesday, after a holiday weekend and after people have taken time off for xmas. Not many people are down to take vacation for the first 2 or 3 days of the year.

Put the Sugar on the 1st like the Rose Bowl, and each team sells out their allotment no problem.

Yes, It IS surprising, and then it isn't considering who we are talking about (UVA). Not that VT is blowing the doors off the SB right now, but this is the very reason why UVA has gotten shafted in bowl's in the past (along with many other teams). The only bowl I can remember them selling out was the tire bowl, and hell, that's a long day trip. You could leave early in the morning, get to C'Lotte in 5 and be back in C'Ville to catch Letterman. A co-worker of mine (UVA fan) and his group are driving down to Atlanta on Friday, catching the game on Saturday, driving back on Sunday and still has Monday to rest up (since New Year's day is being observed on Monday for us) before coming back to work...

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of quick facts about this game. This is only the second game Virginia Tech has ever played against a Big 10 team. Indiana in the 1993 Independence Bowl is the other (Nebraska doesn't count since they were Big 12 when we played them).
Also, VT is the only team to go to a BCS Bowl in four of the past five years.

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So I have four people dedicated to wearing tech gear on the third that will be working that day in Toledo. One convenient store worker, one liqueur store, and two bar tenders. Naturally they are all OSU fans, but I figured this should be fun. I've got a ton of clothes so I'm going to keep recruiting.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes come the Sugar Bowl we will add the entire OSU fan base to our list of supporters.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys in the BCS spirit? I sure am. That's why I just ordered my Sugar (or is it Orange?) Bowl VT shirt to show my Wisconsin Badger pride!!

Virginia Tech Hokies 2012 BCS Sugar Bowl Bound T-Shirt

looks like someone missed the boat to Africa.

lol...here's another good one
41-07957-Y.jpg

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just found out my tickets are in section 143, row 20...anyone close by??

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Section 604 row 5 for me... getting pumped for this trip already

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The ticket sales is just the media trying to justify that we don't belong in a BCS bowl this year. We haven't won as consistent in them as we should in our BCS bowl games and the fact we got blown out in our two "big" games this year, the media is finding new ways to prove we don't belong. All we have to do is win, which has been easier said than done.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The ticket sales is just the media trying to justify that we don't belong in a BCS bowl this year. We haven't won as consistent in them as we should in our BCS bowl games and the fact we got blown out in our two "big" games this year, the media is finding new ways to prove we don't belong. All we have to do is win, which has been easier said than done.

Oh yeah i get that just ready for the talk to switch to the actual game.

some more from the bitter blog:

http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...end-seniors-out-on-a-high-note-at-sugar-bowl/

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW in the link i posted above it says that TG fully expects Jayron to turn pro.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Foster said he reamed out a ref at the ’95 Sugar Bowl against Texas after a missed block in the back call, straining his vocal cord. He couldn’t communicate well on the sideline, so he got a shot of adrenaline at halftime to help him. Bud Foster on a shot of adrenalin might be the most intense thing I can think of on a football sideline."

lol