• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 12 - Philadelphia Flyers at Edmonton Oilers(11-3-15): 9:00pm EST

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team defense is just awful. Look at Simmonds at -8 while tied for 2nd in scoring on the team...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team defense is just awful. Look at Simmonds at -8 while tied for 2nd in scoring on the team...Lol
Simmonds to me looks like he's trying to play a speed type of game instead of a power game. Simmer your a power forward get back to that style that made you successful.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, the whole damn team is failing to get into the dirty scoring areas and either draw penalties or slam pucks on net. That's exactly what you do when you can't score. Shoot the puck and drive the fucking net!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, the whole damn team is failing to get into the dirty scoring areas and either draw penalties or slam pucks on net. That's exactly what you do when you can't score. Shoot the puck and drive the fucking net!!
THIS!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think that a guy like Ryan White is doing this more than any of our other players. Maybe that is why Hakstol had him on the ice in the final minutes with the goalie pulled, looking for the tying goal.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think that a guy like Ryan White is doing this more than any of our other players. Maybe that is why Hakstol had him on the ice in the final minutes with the goalie pulled, looking for the tying goal.
Love Ryan White when PEB was playing that was our best line. I absolutely love Neuvirth doesn't give up near as many rebounds as Mase, excellent that we have two solid goalies we haven't had that in a long time.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having coached sports, and played at various levels, it is a sad state of affairs when the players the coach is relying on are the "character/energy" players and not the top line skill players. I am just so frustrated with this mess. They looked good/not great in the preseason. At least would be entertaining. Now, they look BAD. I don't see a win in the schedule until they play Carolina and even that I am not banking on. Mason and Neuvirth are getting hung out to dry and there is no concerted offensive effort. Everyone is trying to rush back to protect the crap blueline.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having coached sports, and played at various levels, it is a sad state of affairs when the players the coach is relying on are the "character/energy" players and not the top line skill players. I am just so frustrated with this mess. They looked good/not great in the preseason. At least would be entertaining. Now, they look BAD. I don't see a win in the schedule until they play Carolina and even that I am not banking on. Mason and Neuvirth are getting hung out to dry and there is no concerted offensive effort. Everyone is trying to rush back to protect the crap blueline.

Yeah they haven't even been fun to watch lately - at least if they're going to give up four goals every game, at least provide some more offense

I think what has hurt the Flyers is not creating enough power plays lately - that's where they can really re-gain their confidence - someone like Wayne Simmonds would benefit if they can get more power play chances

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I'm sure that a large reason for our power play slumping is the fact that we're only drawing two penalties per game right now. That's not a lot of game action practice. The top power play guys would all benefit offensively from more man advantage situations.

I'm far from ready to say that this team is broken. Once we start drawing 4 and 5 penalties a game, Jake will get on the scoreboard and so will other guys like Simmonds and Schenn. That breeds more offensive confidence for them at even strength too.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I'm sure that a large reason for our power play slumping is the fact that we're only drawing two penalties per game right now. That's not a lot of game action practice. The top power play guys would all benefit offensively from more man advantage situations.

I'm far from ready to say that this team is broken. Once we start drawing 4 and 5 penalties a game, Jake will get on the scoreboard and so will other guys like Simmonds and Schenn. That breeds more offensive confidence for them at even strength too.

I would also like to see them push the pace more - they got faster players and got rid of slower players so I thought they would have been able to push the pace on a more consistent basis - the defensemen should be faster now imo

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I simply work too much this year and can't get any time to watch these games.