• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 1 - Philadelphia Flyers at Boston Bruins(10/8/14): 7:30pm EST

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of a sudden my pickems don't look so good :doh:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this pathetic franchise is such a fucking embarrassing joke

how many games into the season does this faggot shit team go winless to start THIS season?

dafuq?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this pathetic franchise is such a fucking embarrassing joke

how many games into the season does this faggot shit team go winless to start THIS season?

First you bash the Eagles and now the Flyers. Wtf is your deal? You are by far the most negative so-called fan I've seen on these boards.:noidea:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First you bash the Eagles and now the Flyers. Wtf is your deal? You are by far the most negative so-called fan I've seen on these boards.:noidea:

They also lost on the road to a good team off a broken stick fluttering shot...I guess to each their own. I'm just happy that Mase looked really good he seems to be the real deal which is huge!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo played a great game after his dumb penalty. Played hard and strong vs much bigger players played well offensively by getting shots to the net and setting up others. Drew a penalty and had the Bruins concentrating on revenge against him taking away from their own game. The 4th line might have been our best line.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo played a great game after his dumb penalty. Played hard and strong vs much bigger players played well offensively by getting shots to the net and setting up others. Drew a penalty and had the Bruins concentrating on revenge against him taking away from their own game. The 4th line might have been our best line.

The problem is, a lot of his games are like that - besides dumb penalties he plays well, but regardless of how well he plays the rest of the game, if he's going to take stupid penalties like he did last night, then he doesn't deserve to play - one play in a game can be the difference - teams are too close in the league

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, a lot of his games are like that - besides dumb penalties he plays well, but regardless of how well he plays the rest of the game, if he's going to take stupid penalties like he did last night, then he doesn't deserve to play - one play in a game can be the difference - teams are too close in the league

If he evens out the dumb penalties by drawing a penalty what's the difference? Over the course of the season he draws more penalties than he takes stupid ones so he definitely deserves to play in each and every game for that fact alone not to mention he hits very hard causing guys to fumble the puck creating turnovers. He did his job last night better than most guys on the team did but only he gets singled out for one play. Did anyone single out Gee for totally sucking last night no because he was just invisible and didn't take any penalties. We don't have a player in our system that would've played a better 4th line game than Rinaldo did last night period.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he evens out the dumb penalties by drawing a penalty what's the difference? Over the course of the season he draws more penalties than he takes stupid ones so he definitely deserves to play in each and every game for that fact alone not to mention he hits very hard causing guys to fumble the puck creating turnovers. He did his job last night better than most guys on the team did but only he gets singled out for one play. Did anyone single out Gee for totally sucking last night no because he was just invisible and didn't take any penalties. We don't have a player in our system that would've played a better 4th line game than Rinaldo did last night period.

He doesn't even out the dumb penalties because he never scores - he gives the team energy but that doesn't translate to goals - his dumb penalty was the difference in this game - they would have had an important point if he didn't take that dumb penalty

His offense is non-existent and even if he provides energy, if he's taking dumb penalties like that he's useless - Blair Jones can give the team just as much energy and spark without the stupid penalties, and he may even have a little more offense

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't even out the dumb penalties because he never scores - he gives the team energy but that doesn't translate to goals - his dumb penalty was the difference in this game - they would have had an important point if he didn't take that dumb penalty

His offense is non-existent and even if he provides energy, if he's taking dumb penalties like that he's useless - Blair Jones can give the team just as much energy and spark without the stupid penalties, and he may even have a little more offense

If Blair Jones could give just as much energy without taking dumb penalties he wouldn't be in the minors and Rinaldo on the team plain and simple. He doesn't even out the dumb penalties because he never scores???? he evens them out by drawing penalties and letting our power play score he doesn't have to score. Last nights penalty wasnt the difference in the game last night the difference was our 1st line was invisible and our power play didn't do anything was the difference. Cant win games by scoring one goal.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Rinaldo has drawn 1 penalty and taken 2 penalties. As long as that differential is negative, I don't think he's helping the team.

However, I did not see his second penalty. Maybe that was a 'good' penalty. If that's the case, then he took a dumb penalty, and drew a dumb penalty. The fact that the Bruins scored on the ensuing PP and the Flyers did not, is not on Rinaldo. Those two plays, from a Rinaldo perspective, are a wash IMO. Obviously a wash is not helping the team. What would be helpful is if he could draw the dumb penalties without taking them himself.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Rinaldo has drawn 1 penalty and taken 2 penalties. As long as that differential is negative, I don't think he's helping the team.

However, I did not see his second penalty. Maybe that was a 'good' penalty. If that's the case, then he took a dumb penalty, and drew a dumb penalty. The fact that the Bruins scored on the ensuing PP and the Flyers did not, is not on Rinaldo. Those two plays, from a Rinaldo perspective, are a wash IMO. Obviously a wash is not helping the team. What would be helpful is if he could draw the dumb penalties without taking them himself.

As I said in a previous post over the course of a season he draws more penalties than he takes dumb ones but he only gets called out for the dumb ones and never gets recognized for him drawing penalty and us scoring on the PP Only the PP gets the credit. Last night the announcer who did the game recognized him as one of the best Flyers to play all night just sayin.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in a previous post over the course of a season he draws more penalties than he takes dumb ones but he only gets called out for the dumb ones and never gets recognized for him drawing penalty and us scoring on the PP Only the PP gets the credit. Last night the announcer who did the game recognized him as one of the best Flyers to play all night just sayin.

don't get me wrong, I liked his energy. I thought the 4th line was the flyers most productive line last night (at least for the half that I saw). Either them or the 3rd line.

The penalty hurt last night though. There's no denying that. And last night he was not even in the penalty category, so that takes away some of his effectiveness. Like I said, not his fault the Bruins cashed in on the PP and the Flyers didn't on the one he drew. But that comes with the territory of being a pest.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't get me wrong, I liked his energy. I thought the 4th line was the flyers most productive line last night (at least for the half that I saw). Either them or the 3rd line.

The penalty hurt last night though. There's no denying that. And last night he was not even in the penalty category, so that takes away some of his effectiveness. Like I said, not his fault the Bruins cashed in on the PP and the Flyers didn't on the one he drew. But that comes with the territory of being a pest.

I hear ya im just saying Rinaldo is always getting blasted on here for the bad stuff and when he plays really good as he did last night it is still about his penalty. We didn't lose that game because he took that penalty we lost that game because Gee and the first line stunk and Gee and the PP stunk We aren't winning scoring one goal so Rinaldo and that dumb penalty shouldn't be the focus of last nights game.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Blair Jones could give just as much energy without taking dumb penalties he wouldn't be in the minors and Rinaldo on the team plain and simple. He doesn't even out the dumb penalties because he never scores???? he evens them out by drawing penalties and letting our power play score he doesn't have to score. Last nights penalty wasnt the difference in the game last night the difference was our 1st line was invisible and our power play didn't do anything was the difference. Cant win games by scoring one goal.

Just because a guy is in the minors doesn't mean he deserves to be there - maybe the previous teams didn't use him correctly - Zac Rinaldo wouldn't be a main 4th line option on teams as good or better than the Flyers because they wouldn't put up with his shit penalties every game - Blackhawks and Kings would bench his ass ASAP if he kept taking dumb penalties like he did last night

The Flyers need to try scoring 5 on 5 instead of hoping a 4th line plug draws penalties for them - great teams have no problem scoring 5 on 5, don't they? Time for the Flyers to stop relying on the PP - get some even strength goals - the Kings and Blackhawks have been doing it for years and with the talent the Flyers have, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to do that as well

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a difficult game to watch. The power play was dreadful and everything 5 on 5 was just a touch out of synch.

About the only positives you can take from this are Mason being strong in net and Couturier starting to dominate.

Either way, it's extremely difficult to watch our boys get zero points when we had a tie game with under two minutes left. This is how we lose home ice.