• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gaborik a King

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pending trade call.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a low risk, high reward move. Frattin blows, the 2nd was probably one of Buffalo's (haven't checked) from the McNabb deal so essentially the Kings paid a 3rd round pick for a rental.

If he plays well and wants to remain a King, I think he will take much less on his new deal too. LA has the leverage now with these types of players being a legitimate contender, plus it's Gaborik's first "real" shot at a Cup.

Hopefully he gels well with the team and addresses some of the scoring woes. Most importantly, I hope the guy doesn't break just getting on the plane to LA - pretty injury prone.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the 2nd round pick is Toronto's, I'm assuming from the Bernier deal, and the 3rd is conditional if the Kings win a playoff round or re-sign Gaborik. All in all, not a bad deal at all for LA.

Dude scored 44 goals just 2 years ago, obviously that will dip being here and in a defensive system but if prorated he hits 25 I say that's great.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called it but auto correct changed Gabbi to Cammi. Frattin to Williams and misc picks to misc players. Otherwise i was right

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think this is a low risk, high reward move. Frattin blows, the 2nd was probably one of Buffalo's (haven't checked) from the McNabb deal so essentially the Kings paid a 3rd round pick for a rental.

If he plays well and wants to remain a King, I think he will take much less on his new deal too. LA has the leverage now with these types of players being a legitimate contender, plus it's Gaborik's first "real" shot at a Cup.

Hopefully he gels well with the team and addresses some of the scoring woes. Most importantly, I hope the guy doesn't break just getting on the plane to LA - pretty injury prone.

Frattin did blow and I am happy he is gone. I liked the trade at first (for Frattin) but obviously didn't work out the way I thought. Regardless, question for ya puck. Technically it's Bernier that we traded for Gaborik right? You usually have a way of equating the trade to like terms i.e. Bernier for Frattin then Frattin for Gabork

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Smack, I was thinking the same thing. Lombardi has done a lot of things very right--getting value for Bernier was not one of them.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move! Remember the last guy they got from Columbus? :suds:

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope he can stay healthy for the rest of the year and through the playoffs.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Smack, I was thinking the same thing. Lombardi has done a lot of things very right--getting value for Bernier was not one of them.

I think he did ok. If Bernier signed as an RFA with any random team Kings would have received a 2nd. Since the Kings had no cap space Kings got Frattin/Scrivins + for a second

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this trade, cue the cricket noises.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think considering what was given up, this works. I think his speed and just the fact that he will shoot the puck a lot gives the Kings something different. Pretty much only Carter/Doughty shoot the puck as it currently stands. Does our Power Play finally improve? I won't hold my breath just yet.

We shall see. Pretty happy that LA didn't give anyone significant up to be honest. That is the biggest win for me.

Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown
Toffoli-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Williams
Nolan-Clifford-?

Depth is looking good too. Third line looks like it could chip in. Although, knowing Sutter, he will do something like: King-Kopitar-Gaborik or something we all just watch in awe as we read the lineup.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think considering what was given up, this works. I think his speed and just the fact that he will shoot the puck a lot gives the Kings something different. Pretty much only Carter/Doughty shoot the puck as it currently stands. Does our Power Play finally improve? I won't hold my breath just yet.

We shall see. Pretty happy that LA didn't give anyone significant up to be honest. That is the biggest win for me.

Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown
Toffoli-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Williams
Nolan-Clifford-?

Depth is looking good too. Third line looks like it could chip in. Although, knowing Sutter, he will do something like: King-Kopitar-Gaborik or something we all just watch in awe as we read the lineup.

I would say swap Williams and Brown, Brown has played well with King on that line.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone know if either of the two additions will be available tomorrow?

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about Gaborik. He has time to get to Winnipeg to meet the team but it will depend on how much time the team gives him to join the team. These guys have families to consider and personal things to take care of. They are people and not sports robots. McNabb will most likely report to Manchester is my thinking.

Ox

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaborik-Kopitar-Brown
Toffoli-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Williams
Nolan-Clifford-?

I would say swap Williams and Brown, Brown has played well with King on that line.

What about Lewis?

Espn says that Jonathan Parker is 5 foot tall?????