• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Full Swing

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's DJ and that's why I couldn't care less that he's gone.

Easily one of the most talented and under-achieving guys to ever play on tour.
He's got his millions and married into more

He doesn't have any more drive than that

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Opportunity"

Lol

They can't cut it against the talent in the PGA so they run to a tour where winning doesn't matter because they still get paid millions.
If this documentary showed anything it was exactly this. These guys didn't want to work for a win. They wanted to get paid to rest on their past accomplishments and "compete" in glorified exhibitions.

They took the easy route and sold their legacy in doing so.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this documentary showed anything it was exactly this. These guys didn't want to work for a win. They wanted to get paid to rest on their past accomplishments and "compete" in glorified exhibitions.

exactly what I took away from it.

I get where they are coming from...that's a lot of money to say no to when all it asks is that you continue doing what you love at a less competitive level.

it would be like Aaron Rodgers going and playing in the USFL with more pay because he was having trouble winning another Super Bowl in the NFL

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A man's gotta take his opportunities when they arise. A huge name like Brooks Koepka is going to get paid.

Good for him. But the LIV is never going to be anything but a sideshow of mostly has-beens and never-was's.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. But the LIV is never going to be anything but a sideshow of mostly has-beens and never-was's.
I don't see how the business model works with only 48 guys but they certainly got what they wanted in name recognition. I am rooting for them to succeed. Can't stand monopolistic giants like the PGA trying to crush all competition.,

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They've got the name recognition over the PGA by far. Big names that everyone knows like Cam Smith, Mickelson, Koepka, DeChambeau, Bubba Watson, Oosthuizen, Garci, Dustin Johnson, Paul Casey, McDowell, Leishman, Poulter, Reed, Stenson, Westwood and a slew of good young players. Regardless of perhaps being past their primes those names still move the needle.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got the name recognition over the PGA by far. Big names that everyone knows like Cam Smith, Mickelson, Koepka, DeChambeau, Bubba Watson, Oosthuizen, Garci, Dustin Johnson, Paul Casey, McDowell, Leishman, Poulter, Reed, Stenson, Westwood and a slew of good young players. Regardless of perhaps being past their primes those names still move the needle.
what's funny is LIV doesn't move the needle despite the names on their payroll.

instead they just feed idiots like you propaganda, which we all know you eat up like skittles.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got more name recognition like a celerity softball game has more name recognition than an average MLB game.

But that barely wins your votes among the nostalgic and means fucks all to anyone that actually follows the sports.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got more name recognition like a celerity softball game has more name recognition than an average MLB game.

But that barely wins your votes among the nostalgic and means fucks all to anyone that actually follows the sports.
I'm hopeful LIOV catches on. We cannot allow monopolistic giants like the PGA to use their power and influence to try and destroy any competition it faces.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's funny is LIV doesn't move the needle despite the names on their payroll.

instead they just feed idiots like you propaganda, which we all know you eat up like skittles.

If you really believe that LIV tournaments average 17 viewers per round you really are a fool. No wonder the PGA keeps feeding you this bullshit because clowns like you are swallowing the kool aid

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poulter was going to lose his card. He "saved face" by leaving. Brooks was pretty much on suicide watch. That dude was so f'ed up in the head when they offered him a boatload of cash...how can anyone be surprised he made the decision he did.

Pretty much everyone in LIV simply don't want to put the work in anymore (or never have wanted to put the work in).
Plus, his wife to be looks pretty high maintenance.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the LIV players are now promoting their tournaments on "The CW". Interesting to see if it survives on its own merits, or if the Saudi's will just continue to bankroll it until they get bored.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the business model works with only 48 guys but they certainly got what they wanted in name recognition. I am rooting for them to succeed. Can't stand monopolistic giants like the PGA trying to crush all competition.,

The shelf-life wrt the value of "name recognition" for those guys began deteriorating the minute they signed with LIV.

They've decided that instead of competing against the best in the world, they'd rather play exhibition golf for Saudi money. Most golf fans aren't going to give a damn about what they do in those events.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the LIV players are now promoting their tournaments on "The CW". Interesting to see if it survives on its own merits, or if the Saudi's will just continue to bankroll it until they get bored.

Yes it will be. I've no beef with those guys for going for the gold. I'm just not interested.

As others have posted, I couldn't possibly care less about the politics of all this or who's making or losing money. But when I watch golf, it's to watch the best in the world compete against each other. I do watch some LPGA, but if I'm being honest .. my interest there maps pretty closely with how many in contention that week are nice looking women.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shelf-life wrt the value of "name recognition" for those guys began deteriorating the minute they signed with LIV.

They've decided that instead of competing against the best in the world, they'd rather play exhibition golf for Saudi money. Most golf fans aren't going to give a damn about what they do in those events.

You mean...you don't remember the stats and accomplishments of "He Hate Me" in the XFL???

Imagine the competition for that name in LIV. I'd have to give it to Reed, but there's so many other options.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most golfers I know disagree with you. Everyone I know is saying the big mouth McIlroy is doing the PGA no favors. He's gone from extremely popular to an embarrassment. Same with Thomas and Horschel.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most golfers I know disagree with you. Everyone I know is saying the big mouth McIlroy is doing the PGA no favors. He's gone from extremely popular to an embarrassment. Same with Thomas and Horschel.
I'm sure you run with a golf crowd of like minded idiots, so not surprised.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you run with a golf crowd of like minded idiots, so not surprised.
Since less than 1% of golfers are scratch players, I'm highly confident that all the guys I play with are better than you.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LIV is exhibition golf. If your friends are interested in watching exhibition golf, they'll have that option. You're kidding yourself if you think the LIV "tour" will ever be anything but a once in awhile curiosity for most golf fans.

But enough with this "Rory said this!" and "Horschel said that!" crap. Nobody gives a shit about any of that nonsense. What do you think this is ... The Housewives of SportsHoopla? Gtfo with that... Lol.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since less than 1% of golfers are scratch players, I'm highly confident that all the guys I play with are better than you.
I don't give a shit how good they are.

If they are friends with you, they aren't smart.