• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck, you guys got La Russa

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I don't think you can go wrong with that. Guy's a fucking genius, and I hat to say it. I also hate to see that he is going to basically run the show in PHX, but it's what you guys need.

Not only do I see KT on his way out, but I think he can get someone in to replace him who can do a good job. And Gibby will be all out of excuses. Still willing to give Gibby the benefit of the doubt, because I haven't seen what he can do without being handcuffed by KT. But, one way or the other, La Russa will also see to it that you have a good skipper. Should be an improvement from top to bottom in the next couple years. :gaah:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can LaRussa still recite the alphabet backwards while walking on one leg?:noidea::scratch::wink::wink:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This marks the beginning of the end for KT. This is long overdue!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Axe KT immediately! Thus is such an awesome move. Not sure there is a guy with more experience and success than LaRussa.

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very exciting day for the Diamondbacks. I was shocked when I read the news today that they hired Tony La Russa. It reminds me of the Knicks bringing in Phil Jackson to run the team. La Russa garners the utmost respect in the baseball world and it is unbelievable the Diamondbacks were able to get him. I imagine they must be paying him a huge amount of money as they should be. This hopefully will send a shock to the team and get them moving in the right direction. Kevin Towers is finally not in charge of the moves anymore. This is awesome. A truly great day for the Diamondbacks organization.

BACKSfromAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 956.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT is probably wondering if he can trade Tony La Russa ???

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully LaRusa does more than Dave Duncan has as our "pitching consultant".

I was never a big Dave Duncan fan. I'll admit that he had success in Oakland with La Russa, but since 1996 with the Cards, he had only one Cy Young (Carpenter in '05). That's not impressive for his last 16 seasons as a pitching coach.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a big Dave Duncan fan. I'll admit that he had success in Oakland with La Russa, but since 1996 with the Cards, he had only one Cy Young (Carpenter in '05). That's not impressive for his last 16 seasons as a pitching coach.

I'm not even sure exactly what he is doing for the Diamondbacks. It looks like his hiring was just a publicity stunt by the organization to make the fanbase think that they are trying to become championship-caliber.

The LaRussa hiring does appear to signal that the end of the Kevin Towers' Era is close. So that's good.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLR's hiring is a sign that changes will be coming. It probably won't happen in the next few months, but it will happen before the season is out unless the team drastically turns it around by the trade deadline.

As to Duncan's effectiveness, he has only been in his position since February. It is likely going to take 2 years before we start seeing results from Duncan's hiring.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well just fire Towers now. He's basically been handcuffed since he can no longer make decisions without reporting to LaRussa first.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This signing will only get me excited when they fire KT. Sitting through the rest of the year with that clown KT still employed while LaRussa babysits him I don't call an improvement.

I agree about Gibby. I'm not calling for him to be fired, but if LaRussa decided to do it and take over the coaching duties himself...well, I'd get over it.