• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fromm Declares

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fromm threw for under 50% in nearly half his games. Hard to say he is definitively better than anyone.
Your all hyped up because of Burrow’s success, which you should. But it’s a fair statement to make that Fromm is better than Eason because he beat him. I guarantee you he is better than Stidham.

Honestly I put him ahead of Jalen because without wheels Hurts would be in bad shape and that has a limited life in the NFL.

He won’t go down as the GOAT but he is better than some of the starters now.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s better than anyone on roster and not much else on the grad transfer list

is he though?

Newman struggles with intermediate passing, locks on primary targets way too long and i'm at the point where i question his ability to read a defense

Newman's statistics during the second half of the year were hilariously awful

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he though?

Newman struggles with intermediate passing, locks on primary targets way too long and i'm at the point where i question his ability to read a defense

Newman's statistics during the second half of the year were hilariously awful
Over his final 6 games, he had 12 total TDs and 6 turnovers, and two of those games came against top 20 defenses. Get him on a higher end team and I think he can be good. He's not gonna be an NFL QB, but that doesn't mean he can't be a college playmaker.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over his final 6 games, he had 12 total TDs and 6 turnovers, and two of those games came against top 20 defenses. Get him on a higher end team and I think he can be good. He's not gonna be an NFL QB, but that doesn't mean he can't be a college playmaker.

eh, i was talking post-NCSU

in his last five games of the year, he was pretty bad.

-inaccurate (less than a 50% completion percentage),
-turnover prone (7 TD's, 7 TOs (lost fumbles count, too.)

Newman was at his best when he was throwing jumpballs to his top receivers. Surratt, Washington and Hinton were really good.

i think Newman is a decent college QB (he has a big arm and is mobile), but there has to be better options at QB for a school like UGA

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Newman was at his best when he was throwing jumpballs to his top receivers. Surratt, Washington and Hinton were really good.

i think Newman is a decent college QB (he has a big arm and is mobile), but there has to be better options at QB for a school like UGA
It’s not ideal, but unless Chase Brice enters the portal, I don’t see a better option unless Carson Beck shows he can step in as a true freshman

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, it doesn't seem like UGA is that concerned with the passing game, so a mobile playmaker might be the guy they need. They still have a healthy stable of RBs, so with a guy that can use his legs, he might only need to throw 18-20 passes a game to be effective. With Tua and Burrow gone, there isn't much big-time QB talent in the conference, so it might not be like they need to score 40 points a game to win.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your all hyped up because of Burrow’s success, which you should. But it’s a fair statement to make that Fromm is better than Eason because he beat him. I guarantee you he is better than Stidham.

Honestly I put him ahead of Jalen because without wheels Hurts would be in bad shape and that has a limited life in the NFL.

He won’t go down as the GOAT but he is better than some of the starters now.
My opinion has nothing to do with Burrow. I look at the NFL evaluation process of drafting quarterbacks and think people have a terrible perspective on it. They make risky picks on quarterbacks while passing on damn near sure thing talent elsewhere on the board. Outside of probably 1-2 quarterbacks per year, you can play free agency and get equal or better value.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion has nothing to do with Burrow. I look at the NFL evaluation process of drafting quarterbacks and think people have a terrible perspective on it. They make risky picks on quarterbacks while passing on damn near sure thing talent elsewhere on the board. Outside of probably 1-2 quarterbacks per year, you can play free agency and get equal or better value.
Like Ryan Tannehill who would definitely have been available to the Dolphins in the second round? I agree NFL teams are nuts with their QB picks. I think Fromm is worth a 1st round pick because he won't be there in the second round and he is a safe and proven commodity in a league with NFL talent.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fromm is worth a 1st round pick because he won't be there in the second round and he is a safe and proven commodity in a league with NFL talent.
Couple things -

Saying a guy is worth a first round pick because he won't be there in the second makes no sense. He's worth taking in the first round if you feel he's worth the pick. If nobody feels like he's worth it, then he won't go in the first round, which wouldn't be that surprising honestly.

Secondly, what makes him "safe and proven"? I think he could be a good QB with the right tutelage and coaching, but he's far from being safe or proven. He could just as easily flame out in a few years.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things -

Saying a guy is worth a first round pick because he won't be there in the second makes no sense. He's worth taking in the first round if you feel he's worth the pick. If nobody feels like he's worth it, then he won't go in the first round, which wouldn't be that surprising honestly.

Secondly, what makes him "safe and proven"? I think he could be a good QB with the right tutelage and coaching, but he's far from being safe or proven. He could just as easily flame out in a few years.
Consistently under 50% doesn’t give me any confidence.

In my personal opinion, only 2 quarterbacks are worth a 1st round grade in this class.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consistently under 50% doesn’t give me any confidence.

In my personal opinion, only 2 quarterbacks are worth a 1st round grade in this class.
Burrow and Tua? Or Burrow and Herbert?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow and Tua? Or Burrow and Herbert?
Burrow and Herbert. What sucks is, I absolutely think healthy Tua is worth a top 10-15 pick. Maybe I take him late in the first if I have house money to gamble with. Just too much risk involved.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow and Herbert. What sucks is, I absolutely think healthy Tua is worth a top 10-15 pick. Maybe I take him late in the first if I have house money to gamble with. Just too much risk involved.
I've been thinking the same thing about him. He's the most enigmatic QB prospect I can ever remember. If you hit, he could easily be in the Russell Wilson mold, and you might end up with a franchise QB and a SB ring. On the other hand, you might also end up with a guy who is not only limited by his injury, but from a mental standpoint, he might play a bit more conservatively, which means he's out of the league real quick.

I'm extremely high on Burrow, but I think Herbert could end up being special. He's like a better Tannehill as a prospect.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he can come up with some excuse to the NCAA and get a waiver to play right away, with the way the NCAA is giving them out. It's not surprising to me anyway. He struggled to win the backup spot. We'll be fine.
The NCAA might as well do away with the having to sit out a year rule and let 'em all go where they want IMO. That's what is happening anyway. All players need to do is hire that Thomas Mars guys and wallah, waiver granted.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA might as well do away with the having to sit out a year rule and let 'em all go where they want IMO. That's what is happening anyway. All players need to do is hire that Thomas Mars guys and wallah, waiver granted.

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. They are just kids. Probably the right call.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fromm threw for under 50% in nearly half his games. Hard to say he is definitively better than anyone.
Under 50% 5 0f 14 games this year...under 50% for 8 out of 43 games in his Georgia career.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under 50% 5 0f 14 games this year...under 50% for 8 out of 43 games in his Georgia career.
5/14 is all that matters, also looked at qb’s ranked 50-100 and noticed Fromm has more sub 50% games than 48 of them... but yea he’s super elite.

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/14 is all that matters, also looked at qb’s ranked 50-100 and noticed Fromm has more sub 50% games than 48 of them... but yea he’s super elite.
He’s not elite, but just looking at numbers doesn’t tell you anything really. He was completing over 70% with Cager on the field because for the majority of the season, that was the only target that could both run the right route and catch the ball when it hit him in the hands.

Early departures and injuries decimated the receiving options.