• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fringe players that you want to make the final 53...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kilgore is secured to make the team..... he's playing very well in both preseason opportunities along with solid practices...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't just say lets keep 5 or 6 within the context of only WR's?

at this point you're also looking at ST's.

I see that but I also hold those STs to the abundance of safeties we seemingly have now.

Why hold a roster spot for a WR who won't see much action at all even if there's an injury vs a S(in this case) who can be used more so if an injury took place.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see that but I also hold those STs to the abundance of safeties we seemingly have now.

Why hold a roster spot for a WR who won't see much action at all even if there's an injury vs a S(in this case) who can be used more so if an injury took place.

You have to think of it in terms of positions in the ST. WR/CB and in some instances RB's are often the gunners on the outside because of their speed. LB/S/RB make up the cover units and DL/OL make up the Line

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKillop, Rojo AND Williams, Reuland (although I think he's pretty much a lock now), and Miller at FB.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to think of it in terms of positions in the ST. WR/CB and in some instances RB's are often the gunners on the outside because of their speed. LB/S/RB make up the cover units and DL/OL make up the Line

Right, so say if it comes down to Rojo vs Madieu as for a final spot.... both will see most of their action in STs... but what else can they do for me(coach) in the game.

Rojo being a WR, has 5 WRs ahead of him including 2 TEs.
Madieu has 3-4 Ss ahead, but if one were to go down or 2, he can step in and help the defense.

Now why am i not using the injury point for Rojo? Say if Crabs/whoever gets hurt, ok so naturally there's a bump in the depth chart but it doesn't gurantee Rojo any playing time in the offense since it's somewhat limited as far as personnel.

I like Rojo, so it's not a knock on him. In a case of WR vs DB, i would elect DB if it came down to those two.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually for keeping Rojo and Kyle Williams. In this case i would cut Moran Norris and keep Miller, and possibly only carry 2 TE's (for now).

Kilgore (obvious choice), Dobbs, Wragge, Ian Williams.

I don't think much of keeping CJ Spillman around. I think we should be fine with Whitner, Goldson, Smith, and Williams.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm actually for keeping Rojo and Kyle Williams. In this case i would cut Moran Norris and keep Miller, and possibly only carry 2 TE's (for now).

Kilgore (obvious choice), Dobbs, Wragge, Ian Williams.

I don't think much of keeping CJ Spillman around. I think we should be fine with Whitner, Goldson, Smith, and Williams.

When we cut Robinson, our ST's suffered. When Spillman was picked up, he stated improving our ST's immediately. If we do cut him, we might be rearranging our roster after a few games to pick up another ST ace.

Even though I like R. Johson, I'd be inclined to go with Spillman. I do want R. Johnson and K. Williams to make it. But in reality, Crabtree will move to the slot on third downs, and it will be hard to keep two very young slot receivers around over a better ST player who can impact games right now.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right, so say if it comes down to Rojo vs Madieu as for a final spot.... both will see most of their action in STs... but what else can they do for me(coach) in the game.

Rojo being a WR, has 5 WRs ahead of him including 2 TEs.
Madieu has 3-4 Ss ahead, but if one were to go down or 2, he can step in and help the defense.

Now why am i not using the injury point for Rojo? Say if Crabs/whoever gets hurt, ok so naturally there's a bump in the depth chart but it doesn't gurantee Rojo any playing time in the offense since it's somewhat limited as far as personnel.

I like Rojo, so it's not a knock on him. In a case of WR vs DB, i would elect DB if it came down to those two.

Man, that's a tough choice. The ST's contribution between the two is probably a wash. Do you want proven experience, or a cheap hungry rookie who will give you everything he's got?

I think R. Johnson's PS eligibility may hurt him in this case. I personally like him more as a player than M. Williams, so I'd be inclined to go with him in this case, even if he's not seeing the field much. It may depend ultimately on how many CB's we keep which is yet another wrinkle to look at.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

whoa, not following?

earlier was just responding to your question of 5 or 6 WR's? i took it to mean you prefer 6, but now it appears you prefer 5?

anyways, not knowing who'd do well on ST's, i'll also say in general 5 WR's makes sense.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re: Rojo, I think he's got an edge because he played for our WR coach in college. We haven't seen much of him yet, but obviously his coach likes him. I think he and Williams both have a good shot, though maybe Williams has shown enough to think about letting Rojo walk and hoping we can land him on the PS.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa, not following?

earlier was just responding to your question of 5 or 6 WR's? i took it to mean you prefer 6, but now it appears you prefer 5?

anyways, not knowing who'd do well on ST's, i'll also say in general 5 WR's makes sense.

I'm pro 5.... :panda: