• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fresh Blood-The rookies

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RD 1 PICK 2
Greg Robinson | OT, Auburn
Round 1 Pick 13
Aaron Donald | DT, Pittsburgh
Round 2 Pick 41
Lamarcus Joyner | CB, Florida State
RD 3 PIck 75
Tre Mason | RB, Auburn
RD 4 Pick 110
Maurice Alexander | SS, Utah State
RD 6 Pick 188
E.J. Gaines | CB, Missouri
RD 6 Pick 214
Garrett Gilbert | QB, Southern Methodist
RD 7 Pick 226
Mitchell Van Dyk | OT, Portland State
RD 7 Pick 241
Christian Bryant | FS, Ohio State
RD 7 Pick 249
Michael Sam | DE, Missouri
RD 7 Pick 250
Demetrius Rhaney | C, Tennessee State

Undrafted Free Agent Signing
Aaron Hill, LB, Minnesota (via)
Alex Bayer, TE, Bowling Green
Ethan Westbrooks, DE, West Texas A&M (via)
Jarrid Bryant, DB, University of South Dakota (via)
Johnny Millard, LB, Cal Poly (via)
Jamain Sherman, WR, East Texas Baptist University (via)
Kadeem Jones, FB, Western Kentucky University (via)
Avery Cunningham, FS, CMU (via)
Austin Franklin, WR, New Mexico State (via)
Emmanuel McCray, LB, Ole Miss (via)
Trey Watts, RB, University of Tulsa (via)

Please Keep Michael Sam Bashing to a minimum. There is already a thread like that on the main board. You can focus on his Combine, Pro-day, and game tape.

Now excuse me why i try and steal Conner Shaw away from the Browns

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really Red. Just because you start a thread doesn't mean you own it!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UDFAs are pretty uninspiring. Best get so far looks like Westbrooks, who was rated as good or better than Sam. I'm surprised L'Damian went to the Cowboys, thought the hometown Rams would have a shot. Bayer is worth taking a look at for TE.

Lyerla unsigned last I checked.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Westbrooks has a better chance to make it as a DE than Sam does.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa... someone's eager to start bashing. ;)

haha, It's funny, Irony seems to have a sense of humor.

I was talking with my girlfriend this morning (around the time of the 5th round) about how the media was making the Michael Sam thing a circus show and how ridiculous Rich Eisen was being. He was really trying to make a non issue an issue. It really pissed me off. But in short the Rams end up picking Sam at the end of the draft. Good for him. I hope he becomes a good player for the Rams. However, IMO I don't think he's still on the team next season. He's just not that good of a player.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, It's funny, Irony seems to have a sense of humor.

I was talking with my girlfriend this morning (around the time of the 5th round) about how the media was making the Michael Sam thing a circus show and how ridiculous Rich Eisen was being. He was really trying to make a non issue an issue. It really pissed me off. But in short the Rams end up picking Sam at the end of the draft. Good for him. I hope he becomes a good player for the Rams. However, IMO I don't think he's still on the team next season. He's just not that good of a player.
You hit the nail on the head jacob. 98% of the board didn't want Tebow one of the big reasons the circus. 95% of the board didn't want Manzeil one of the reasons circus. Well boys here's your circus. At this point Sam is a project that can pass rush. Good luck to him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine, just relax there dude. I am not bashing anyone here but suggesting folks that put up perceived rules in large bold lettering at the end of a post is a bit hyperbole that is unnecessary because the rules are set by the owner and we all have the privilege to partake of those rules in order to express an opinion. Just a little guidance. Jeez.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine, just relax there dude. I am not bashing anyone here but suggesting folks that put up perceived rules in large bold lettering at the end of a post is a bit hyperbole that is unnecessary because the rules are set by the owner and we all have the privilege to partake of those rules in order to express an opinion. Just a little guidance. Jeez.

It was said tongue-in-cheek. Hence the little winky-face guy at the end. Chaos was just making a request, that's all. I doubt she believes she "owns" the thread at all.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally... I love the rookie class we've got coming in. We got a road-grading G/T that some are likening to Walter Jones. Looks like we're starting to get the idea about winning beginning in the trenches, because the next pick was a pure Gregg Williams pick. A hard nosed DT in the mold of Ndamukong Suh. We could end up having the best defensive front in the NFL!

Tre Mason was a surprise pick. But in the 4th round, that kind of production is tough to pass on, considering we don't really have a true change-of-pace RB. Especially for a coach who loves to run the ball. I liked EJ Gaines, in the 6th, as well. Yeah... I was a little disappointed that we didn't land Calvin Pryor, or Ha'Sean Clinton Dix when we had the chance. But, at least there's gonna be a ton of competition in the defensive backfield this year. I also thought it would have been a good idea to grab one of the more marquee QBs in the later rounds. Guys like Aaron Murray, Zach Mettenberger and Jimmy Garoppolo were there late. But we did get more O-line and secondary depth. :noidea: And to cap it all off... the SEC Defensive Player of the Year, for a paltry 7th round price tag. Now that's what I call value. Lol.

Really interested to see what kind of strides we make this year. I think we're really on to something good.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine.. even better some experts are comparing Robinson to Jonathon Ogden... I would be VERY ok with that.
My favorite pick in this class is Aaron Donald by a LARGE MARGIN. Nobody is getting much done offensively against that front 4.
As for Michael Sam, here are a couple of things. #1, dude will play OLB and situational DE. He is NOT Robert Quinn or Chris Long. I compare Sam to someone like Bruce Irvin. Sam will make the 53 man roster as a special teams guy. If there is one thing you can bank on with Sam, he is going to BUST HIS ASS to prove everyone who doubted him wrong.

Guys like Aaron Murray, Zach Mettenberger and Jimmy Garoppolo were there late.

Um, Garappolo was drafted in round 2. And since we did not have a 5th rounder we missed on AJ and Murray. However, I love LOVE the Gilbert pick. Under the radar, dude can SLING it. And he is almost a carbon copy of #8 with a little better movement.

As for UDFA, we are already the youngest team in the NFL, we were not going to grab a ton of guys there...most all of those guys will be practice squaders except Westbrooks IMO.

ESPN stated that one of the losers in the draft was NFC West QB's that will have to face the Rams front 4 twice a season... LOVE IT. Best draft in a decade or longer and probably best draft in the NFL this season.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the versatility in the secondary as it looks now... and mark my words, Maurice Alexander is the next Kurt Warner type story!! Dude is a THUMPER and I think he starts opposite McDonald this fall.

In case you did not know, Alexander is from St Louis. He went to Utah St and got kicked off the team. He spent last season as a janitor... where you ask?? at the EDWARD JONES DOME!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the versatility in the secondary as it looks now... and mark my words, Maurice Alexander is the next Kurt Warner type story!! Dude is a THUMPER and I think he starts opposite McDonald this fall.

In case you did not know, Alexander is from St Louis. He went to Utah St and got kicked off the team. He spent last season as a janitor... where you ask?? at the EDWARD JONES DOME!!

Yeah, that is quite the bizarre story. He got kicked off the team for pleading guilty to an assault charge, so there are some red flags here as well. My only though was they reached a bit with him, could've traded down and maybe recouped that 5th, but they followed their board (I assume).

I don't know if he can start opposite McDonald unless they move TJ to free safety though, as Alexander doesn't seem to have the ball skills to play centerfield (FS). He may end up more of a hybrid SS / SAM lb combo that would allow him to play to his strength, playing downhill forcefully.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine.. even better some experts are comparing Robinson to Jonathon Ogden... I would be VERY ok with that.
My favorite pick in this class is Aaron Donald by a LARGE MARGIN. Nobody is getting much done offensively against that front 4.
As for Michael Sam, here are a couple of things. #1, dude will play OLB and situational DE. He is NOT Robert Quinn or Chris Long. I compare Sam to someone like Bruce Irvin. Sam will make the 53 man roster as a special teams guy. If there is one thing you can bank on with Sam, he is going to BUST HIS ASS to prove everyone who doubted him wrong.

Guys like Aaron Murray, Zach Mettenberger and Jimmy Garoppolo were there late.

Um, Garappolo was drafted in round 2. And since we did not have a 5th rounder we missed on AJ and Murray. However, I love LOVE the Gilbert pick. Under the radar, dude can SLING it. And he is almost a carbon copy of #8 with a little better movement.

As for UDFA, we are already the youngest team in the NFL, we were not going to grab a ton of guys there...most all of those guys will be practice squaders except Westbrooks IMO.

ESPN stated that one of the losers in the draft was NFC West QB's that will have to face the Rams front 4 twice a season... LOVE IT. Best draft in a decade or longer and probably best draft in the NFL this season.

Oops... that's my bad on the Garappolo mention. I just remember there being a slew of QBs still waiting in the late rounds, so I just spouted off a few names. :noidea: Lol.

I know Sam isn't going to to be a starter. I mean... come on... if he was good enough to start at one of OUR DE spots, he wouldn't have been on the board as long as he was. ;) I just love the pick because of it's potential. If he becomes a rotational DE, fantastic! If he becomes a productive special teamer, great! What it boils down to for me, is that he was a SEVENTH FREAKIN' ROUND PICK. :) Yeah... there have been some famous 7th round hits in the past. But how often does a player with that much upside up front fall to you at #249? I love it!

And yes... I was aware of the Maurice Alexander story... and it's a cool story and certainly Kurt Warner-esque. Lol

I think the offense was improved, even despite the lack of "sexy" picks. And the defense... Good God, the Defense???. You're right... the seats of NFC West QB's pants are starting to sag as we speak. :laugh3:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody here believe Michael Sam is actually going to make this team??? Especially on the defensive side? From the way I'm seeing it, the Rams felt like they wanted to now make a political statement with a late round pick. That's all it was. There were plenty of other players better than Sam that were still available. I can live with the first two picks and even the 3rd pick I guess, but after that our picks left something to be desired. Politics should NOT play a part in this whole process but unfortunately apparently it does.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody here believe Michael Sam is actually going to make this team??? Especially on the defensive side? From the way I'm seeing it, the Rams felt like they wanted to now make a political statement with a late round pick. That's all it was. There were plenty of other players better than Sam that were still available. I can live with the first two picks and even the 3rd pick I guess, but after that our picks left something to be desired. Politics should NOT play a part in this whole process but unfortunately apparently it does.

Its obvious to me that this was staged......

I agree, no way he makes this team, especially with 6 DE'S already on the team. Stan Kronke set this up. Not Fisher and Snead. I would even go as far as to say Rodger Goodell had a say in this. Its all over the news....waiting for Obama or his wife to comment.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obvious to me that this was staged......

I agree, no way he makes this team, especially with 6 DE'S already on the team. Stan Kronke set this up. Not Fisher and Snead. I would even go as far as to say Rodger Goodell had a say in this. Its all over the news....waiting for Obama or his wife to comment.

I stand corrected here. Jeff Fisher set this up not Kreonke,

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that they televised him kissing his boyfriend after being drafted. Now why in the world would you waste a draft pick on somebody that isn't going to make the team, but also be this kind of distraction? Don't know who orchestrated this, but I believe you are right Zeke. This was completely for political reasons. If Fisher and Snead did this on their own, they need to be made accountable if the owner wasn't made aware of their plans. There is no excuse in the world they can offer to justify that pick. Not the best player available, not a position of need for the team, etc. Something is amiss.