• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you call a breeder when you find one...Tell them your desire for a great family pet and how you and your kids value a dog, but want to know if it's a good fit for your life style. You may get a line on one she has at low or no cost...

I called a Samoyed breeder when my kids were young and asked how they were as a family dog...the lady was excellent. However, we went on vacation and when we got back, we ended up getting a Chow-sapeake puppy before it went to the pound. But the funny thing was, the breeder called us back a few weeks later and offered us a fully trained Samoyed she wanted to go to a good home...free.

Chow-sepeakes should be a breed. Damn dog was like a bear. Smart, loyal, fun and protective of the kids. Brilliant dog. Scared the shit out of people because he looked like a brown bear!
Exactly always ask. When we got our Australian Shepard the breeder did question us a lot because you have to be prepared for a lot of exercise and due to their high intelligence you have to give them daily tasks and chores.

I use the example of when the Beagle won best in show. People blindly went out and adopted beagles. A year later there was a lot of beagles up for adoption because they had no clue they really aren’t good pets unless you plan on hunting. They bark a lot and love to roam. I am not bashing Beagles I had one growing up but sadly it was more to make a quick buck off of people’s lack of knowledge.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might just be because I'm immersed in it, but it seems like a significant problem in Tucson. I'm especially aware of it with cats. There are a lot of strays that hang out in my complex, for example.
You dont want them hangigng around

stray-cats.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was chuckling throughout, but that last line caught me off guard.
Same here.

As for Brent, he is heads and shoulders above all the parody folks out there. He is way too believable and the delivery is spot on.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here.

As for Brent, he is heads and shoulders above all the parody folks out there. He is way too believable and the delivery is spot on.
He's got a pretty unique skill in that he can occupy the Uncanny Valley and still make it land. That's hard to do.

That said, The Buttercream Dream's alliteration almost always lands for me, too. Though he's not really parody, I guess.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are strays still an issue down south? Or in other Canadian cities, Canucks here? I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a stray animal.

Even in Europe, it was very common to see stray dogs all over the place twenty years ago. Can't say I've encountered one there in any of my trips the last ten years.
We don't have much of an issue with stray dogs around Charlotte. Plenty of stray cats though, as is the norm for warm weather locations.

As for Europe, I know a few places have taken a pretty aggressive approach to dealing with their strays after some high profile incidents, one in - I think - Bucharest coming to mind (if memory serves, a...Japanese?...tourist/businessman was mauled about 10-15 years ago).

My experience recently has been that some of the former Eastern bloc and Mediterranean countries still have some issues. Athens with dogs, Tel Aviv with cats for instance. Western/northern Europe though I haven't seen much, though I've spent very little time spent in the Iberian countries in the last decade.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domestication of dogs predates agriculture. So in the course of all human history? Yes recent. Compared to many other staples of modern human life? Not so much.

Where does the line between working animal and pet get breeched? My dog is an incredible guard dog. I mean, I don't even need a gun because he's so good!! I still have one 'cause it's my goddam right, but I only use it for coolness and not protection. He serves a legitimate purpose despite being primarily a pet.

A not insignificant amount of people have dogs to curb anxiety, promote health through exercise and obviously help people with impaired vision. I have a hard time seeing that go away within a century.

Now cats, they can GTFO! Seriously though, birds have become more rare but exotic pets are still big business. I don't think there is a clear trend towards us going pet-free.

My :2cents:
I'd like to point out the obvious correlation between the rise in cat ownership and the reduction in domesticated birds.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a pretty unique skill in that he can occupy the Uncanny Valley and still make it land. That's hard to do.
You gotta give some of the credit to the loonies he is mocking. You can sound as crazy and over the top as you want and still mask your intent.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"“That’s just ridiculous,” Graham told the Hill on Monday night. “If [Raffensperger] feels threatened by that conversation, he’s got a problem. I actually thought it was a good conversation.”

Would you call it a "perfect phone call" though?

Also, what motivation does Raffensberger have to lie here? Further threats to his own safety from gun nuts?

Some of these high-ranking officials ought to be put on trial for treason, convicted, and face the firing squad. Absolutely sickening.

Their supporters mask themselves in the flag but are nothing but ignorant traitors looking for easy answers instead of taking the time and effots to be good citizens. Pathetic.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Why is the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee calling Georgia’s Secretary of State to discuss mechanics of an ongoing ballot count?” he said in a tweet Monday. “Such a call would be implicitly coercive in the best case, even without Graham’s alleged suggestion about throwing out lawful votes.”

^Exactly. How are the dipshits on the Politics board rationalizing this one? No reason for Graham to make the phone call, the only reason would be to apply pressure, and Raffenberger's account confirms that. He should resign. He should face federal charges for election tampering. Time to remind these fuckheads they are smaller than the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.