• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foods that taste better when prepared differently

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's either steak on the grill or no steak at all unless it's a no name steak, on the stovetop cooked in some butter is best for a no name. Then make some toast to soak up the butter you pour over the steak....

6649e0a8-0cca-4a91-b8cd-da25032ee773_1.52ee0c2e98b93910bd7f3a75724dd587.jpeg

Yeah I don't bother grilling cheaper steaks. They are the ones I cook in an iron skillet. Flank/Flap steak, things like that.

But a ribeye is going on the grill.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't bother grilling cheaper steaks. They are the ones I cook in an iron skillet. Flank/Flap steak, things like that.

But a ribeye is going on the grill.

No Names aren't "cheaper steaks"

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a ripoff to me then.

:noidea:

They started in a little store in South Saint Paul, Minnesota back in the 70's and yeah the steaks were huge when they only sold them in that store now they are sold in 5 states in about 20 different grocery chains and the steaks are maybe half as big as they were when I was a kid. My sister and her husband are coming down to Texas to visit the end of this month and I axed them to bring me a couple boxes of no names, it's been a long time. I also axed them to bring me mustard potato salad from Festival Foods Grocery and a bag of Old Dutch onion & garlic potato chips, all things I can't get down here!

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They started in a little store in South Saint Paul, Minnesota back in the 70's and yeah the steaks were huge when they only sold them in that store now they are sold in 5 states in about 20 different grocery chains and the steaks are maybe half as big as they were when I was a kid. My sister and her husband are coming down to Texas to visit the end of this month and I axed them to bring me a couple boxes of no names, it's been a long time. I also axed them to bring me mustard potato salad from Festival Foods Grocery and a bag of Old Dutch onion & garlic potato chips, all things I can't get down here!
Axed?

And who orders steaks in a box? Probably frozen too.

:tsk:

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I eat eggs for breakfast every day.

Good scrambled eggs is an art that takes practice. They must have the right texture and consistency or it's a no go. Cook them for just a few seconds too long and they will be too dry and a few seconds too short and too runny.

Also gotta work the spatula right so you have 1 big blob of egg that's all connected rather than little chunks of eggs that fall apart like ground beef.

And anyone who adds milk is doing it wrong.

Most people seem to end up with dry crumbled ground beef looking scrambled eggs. I'd throw that shit in the garbage.
Best way to do scrambled eggs is to scramble them in the hot pan you are cooking them in.
Over easy is the best way to eat eggs though.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a sister-in-law who is picky about her food like a 5 yr old child. The ONLY way she'll eat eggs is scrambled, and they MUST be cooked in a glass tupperware dish in a microwave, it comes out as this nasty rubbery-looking eggloaf. Fucking ridiculous
prefers microwaved eggs?? :wtf: