• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fontana

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better fit this shit before the next race here

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What'd I miss? Was just eatin chicken butts and fried taters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised more did not opt for 2 tires instead of 4

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot sammich...they's just drivin around under caution. DO SOMETHING! I wanna see Stewart getting poked on the restart

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that caution killed Gordon....He finished all the way in 13th just ahead of Danica

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks donkey balls. I hate that kid. He can drive like a sumbitch but I can't stan him.l

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodyear needs to get their shit together. Too many races this year have had the outcomes changed due to tire failures.

CSD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good race, lots of lead changes. The last 5 laps was exciting to see who would survive, it's a shame they only run there once a year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is typical. If they would open this series up to more tire manufacturers and have some competition, you wouldn't get this krap where people are blowing tires. I guarantee you, you won't see this many tires blown this late in the race in any other major series. Freakin' Goodyear is nothing but shit. Period, end of story.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president for competition, says the issue is not with Goodyear, but the teams trying to push the limits of tire pressure and suspension.

"When you have an issue, and I won't call it a tire issue, I will say that there's an issue of abuse of tires as much as there is anything, so you can't put a blanket over any of these things or any racetrack or anything like that," Pemberton said. "I think the general consensus is this racetrack races fairly well. It's got a great raceable surface, it's wide, a lot of grip, guys like to move around the racetrack. You see good speed. ... This is one of our best surfaces that we run on for the year."

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't Goodyear's fault at all. It's more NASCAR's fault than anything. Goodyear has to plan ahead on which compounds they are going to use and Fontana is a really rough surface. So they planned for it. The problem is NASCAR waited till the last damn minute to release its new rules and regulations for the cars this year, which allowed for more severe camber settings, especially on the rear which in the past has had very little. Goodyear didn't have time to change their compound and thus teams that got aggressive with camber, melted the bead of the tire. This is NASCAR's fault. It's just one of a few things they waited too long to release that's put several organizations (teams and suppliers) in a bind.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president for competition, says the issue is not with Goodyear, but the teams trying to push the limits of tire pressure and suspension.

"When you have an issue, and I won't call it a tire issue, I will say that there's an issue of abuse of tires as much as there is anything, so you can't put a blanket over any of these things or any racetrack or anything like that," Pemberton said. "I think the general consensus is this racetrack races fairly well. It's got a great raceable surface, it's wide, a lot of grip, guys like to move around the racetrack. You see good speed. ... This is one of our best surfaces that we run on for the year."

That wasn't Goodyear's fault at all. It's more NASCAR's fault than anything. Goodyear has to plan ahead on which compounds they are going to use and Fontana is a really rough surface. So they planned for it. The problem is NASCAR waited till the last damn minute to release its new rules and regulations for the cars this year, which allowed for more severe camber settings, especially on the rear which in the past has had very little. Goodyear didn't have time to change their compound and thus teams that got aggressive with camber, melted the bead of the tire. This is NASCAR's fault. It's just one of a few things they waited too long to release that's put several organizations (teams and suppliers) in a bind.

its not tire pressure. All pemberton was doing is saying the same crap good year was saying after final practice. Tires weren't blowing after low pressures. they were blowing well after tires pressure were up. A lot of teams were paranoid about the tire & was playing it safe. Anyone listening to the driver radios knows this. Ryan Newman had no bad wear on his tires all race long & he got a flat at the end of the race like a ton of others.
The tire definitely was the problem. Now you can blame Good year if you like, or take the points given by wildturkey & blame Nascar. But it was not the teams fault that a ton of teams had blown tires in this race like Dumbass Pemberton would like to lead most to believe. Whether you blame Nascar or Good year or both, the tire was the problem. Not team set ups or air pressure.