• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Acquire Andrew MacDonald From Isles

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they could package Steve Downie with Mesz and either get some picks in return or get a better d-man in return - and Tye McGinn could take Steve Downie's place on the roster

Yes exactly as it would sure be nice to get an Edler or even Erhoff....I think the fwds are good enough even when they play a defensive system.

Do you guys think Myers is in play...if so I wonder if they'll take a shot at him he would probably do great in Philly!

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes exactly as it would sure be nice to get an Edler or even Erhoff....I think the fwds are good enough even when they play a defensive system.

Do you guys think Myers is in play...if so I wonder if they'll take a shot at him he would probably do great in Philly!

i'd certainly kick the tires on myers.. sort of a buy low situation.. i wonder what the sabres would ask for in return.. 1st round pick? more?

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that the Sabres GM is only interested in dealing UFAs. No deals will be made for players with term. That rules out Myers.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd certainly kick the tires on myers.. sort of a buy low situation.. i wonder what the sabres would ask for in return.. 1st round pick? more?

I'm not sure what the going rate would be but I think that he showed enough potential to be a very solid dman if in the right environment. He also has some pretty good offensive skills. Definitely worth kicking the tires.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that the Sabres GM is only interested in dealing UFAs. No deals will be made for players with term. That rules out Myers.

Well if true it was cool while it lasted....I honestly don't see why they would move him anyway.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac looked very solid last night and looks good with Schenn

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's very poised and confident, least that's what I thought.

Funny i thought he looked real composed but all of the Islander fans in my office are telling me that he's not and has many give aways in front. Hope they are wrong and we see him play every game like last night.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we can resign him less than 5 mill per year? I think he resign with us. The question is money and the good ole NTC. Lol

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Funny i thought he looked real composed but all of the Islander fans in my office are telling me that he's not and has many give aways in front. Hope they are wrong and we see him play every game like last night.

i imagine that is because the isles are a defensive nightmare

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toronto fans said negative things about Luke Schenn, too. Oh, wait....:doh:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, MacDonald was silky smooth in this game last night. He was able to relieve pressure deep in his own zone, even when he had two guys bearing down on him. He can skate well and make the first pass, plus he just makes a lot of really slick plays that help us exit our zone, which is exactly what we need. Timonen is probably the only other defenseman we have that routinely makes these sorts of plays.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

* I had an email exchange yesterday with an NHL pro scout regarding the Flyers' acquisition of Andrew MacDonald on the day before the trade deadline and the deal to send Andrej Meszaros to Boston on deadline day. The scout's take: "We had some interest, too. Good get for them. MacDonald is an upgrade on Meszaros and Gustafsson. More mobile and better hockey sense than Meszaros. More versatile to play in all situations than Gustafsson. Flyers now have one of the best shot blocking teams in the NHL. Valuable guy to have in the playoffs."

* The early indication is that the Flyers intend to run for awhile with the pairing of MacDonald and Luke Schenn, while Mark Streit continues to work alongside Nicklas Grossmann.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

* I had an email exchange yesterday with an NHL pro scout regarding the Flyers' acquisition of Andrew MacDonald on the day before the trade deadline and the deal to send Andrej Meszaros to Boston on deadline day. The scout's take: "We had some interest, too. Good get for them. MacDonald is an upgrade on Meszaros and Gustafsson. More mobile and better hockey sense than Meszaros. More versatile to play in all situations than Gustafsson. Flyers now have one of the best shot blocking teams in the NHL. Valuable guy to have in the playoffs."

* The early indication is that the Flyers intend to run for awhile with the pairing of MacDonald and Luke Schenn, while Mark Streit continues to work alongside Nicklas Grossmann.

gotta love that! :yahoo:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bill Meltzer:

We really did play a beautiful first 40 minutes of that last game. Holding the Caps to 8 shots during that time frame is ridiculously solid. MacDonald was a big part of locking it down defensively.