• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida/Oklahoma Bowl Game

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo! Boomer Sooner! :yahoo:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt if this game had no opt outs it would have a MUCH closer game but, say what you want Oklahoma showed tonight that they are a legit team.

Define legit.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to watch it but got tired of hearing about how Florida was without..................

Funny hearing........the guy is a Heisman finalist, honest.....ha!!!!

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played in three HS alumni games, my last one at 38, love the game. How can anyone pass up on a football game? If looking to add players to my team I think I'll pass on those that wrapped up in.......what about me?

We all get it but if there is a game to play you play.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trask picked again

Threw behind his receiver... If that were Pitts it would be a catch I think but yikes horrendous start
I thought he is spossed to be top 5 QB in NCAA & 1st round lock in NFL 21 draft?? Maybe not now??

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was so bad, I went looking for a Snapped marathon at halftime.

If I was going to watch people getting murdered, might as well pick up a few hints.

bamagrad75

Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the comments start flying

Even if Trask won the Heisman, he'd probably just give it to Oklahoma.

Coincidence the game was sponsored by a company who's logo is a flying shoe?

Trask wasnt even the best QB on his own team

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight gave a perfect example of why heisman voting should not take place until after season is completed
Dorothy to Trask , "Kyle, I have a feeling we are not in the SEC anymore".
So you need 4 NFL ready receivers to win the Heisman. Tells me the receiver from Alabama should win the Heisman. Or maybe a tie between the Center and Offensive tackles from Florida, Alabama, Notre Dame, Clemson, Ohio State. It is obvious these guys allow the QBs to win.

If anyone of the QBs played for Kansas, Oregon State, Arizona, Arkansas , we would not know their names and the QBs who replace them at the Florida, Alabama, ND, Clemson and Ohio State would be in the running.

Notre Dame is a good example. Next year they lose the offensive line. Won't be able to tell if the QB that replaces Book is good or bad.

Clemson another example, the replacement puts up similar numbers (better ones in the ND game) than Lawrence.

None of these QBs is likely the BEST PLAYER in college football. Lawrence will not turn the Jaguars around until the Jaguars upgrade the offensive line. Same for whomever the Jets draft.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the money the SEC gets for that mess is worth the predictable embarrassment of showing up without 26 players to a top bowl game. What do they get, $5 million or so? Trask probably lost that much in his NFL contract for showing up to a highly visible game without receivers.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering how badly trask is kicking himself this morning for not opting out as well.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the money the SEC gets for that mess is worth the predictable embarrassment of showing up without 26 players to a top bowl game. What do they get, $5 million or so? Trask probably lost that much in his NFL contract for showing up to a highly visible game without receivers.
Juice, should not the QB make the receivers or is it the other way around? Those receivers chose not to play, they gave up on their team. But would those receivers have added another 40 points to Florida, none of them play defense.
The concept that the SEC is superior to all other conferences is a myth. It is true that the SEC elite, Alabama and a rotating group of Georgia, Florida, LSU and A&M are among the best in the nation does not make the entire conference the best. Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Missouri, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Auburn (sometimes part of the rotating group) and Arkansas are no better or worse than the bottom 9 teams of any conference. They are basically fodder for Alabama and which ever of the rotating top teams is having a good year.

Notre Dame as an independent (whether in an up or down year) serves as a good barometer for judging the relative strength of the conferences.
In normal years, they play 5 ACC teams, 2 Big Ten teams, 2 Pac 12 teams, Navy and a team from either the SEC or the Big 12. Extrapolating their results and the subsequent success of how the teams play in their own conference can give an indication of the actual strength of the conferences.
BYU could serve the same purpose but have a harder time with scheduling Power 5 teams. Too bad there is not one more consistently good independent. The SECs penchant for playing FCS teams is not a good look for the conference.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to expand the playoff. Both these teams should've been in it.

If Trask does drop deep in the draft, other players will take note and maybe play their bowl game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he is spossed to be top 5 QB in NCAA & 1st round lock in NFL 21 draft?? Maybe not now??

This performance certainly did him no favors draft wise. Unless teams will overlook it which I do not think they will

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This performance certainly did him no favors draft wise. Unless teams will overlook it which I do not think they will
bullshit, nothing that happened in any one game good or bad will have much of an impact. They have a thorough review process on these guys and it’s a lot more than that.